NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-21-2016, 03:25 PM
mark sanders

Default T206 Insider Marketplace

just completed my first transaction on this site & wanted to share how easy & quick the buying process is.
have also listed a couple of cards & this is BY FAR the simplest listing process available.
really love having this venue accessible.
thanks again, scot!
BAT ON: Old Mill, SC 350/25
BAT OFF: Cycle, Lenox, Piedmont 460/42, Uzit
& Piedmont 350
Old 09-27-2016, 05:41 PM
Rob.ert Bal.ke

Just wondering how accurate the back estimator is?
Old 09-27-2016, 06:15 PM

Hi Robert,

As stated on the site, T206 Insider Price Check uses generic back multipliers that will be pretty accurate for commons with difficult backs and trend high for Hall of Famers with difficult backs (since collectors tend not to pay a "full" back multiple for HOF subjects).

Scot
Old 09-27-2016, 07:52 PM

Default I

Love this Site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-27-2016, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvster View Post
Love this Site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Johnny! I will be adding new features over time.
Old 09-28-2016, 06:45 AM
Rob.ert Bal.ke

Wow so my Cobb is worth more than I thought it was.
Old 09-28-2016, 09:17 AM

Again, if your Cobb has a common back and your inputs were correct the price estimate should be pretty accurate for today's market. If it has a scarcer back the price estimate may be somewhat inflated. Cobbs have spiked the last two years or so.

Last edited by sreader3; 09-28-2016 at 09:18 AM.
Old 09-28-2016, 03:16 PM

Default Scot....

absolutely love your work! I am currently trading a lot , so when I stabilize a little, I would love to post some pics!

definitely would like some scrap interface like brown old mill, sweet cap 460 f. # no overprints, blank backs, multi strikes.....ect ect...

just a very small suggestion....get chris browne and a few other gurus to collects scans of scraps and maybe post a scrap museum???

like a scrap gallery of sorts?????????????

I would gladly give up scans....
Old 09-28-2016, 06:12 PM

Johnny,

I honestly don't know enough about scrap to post about it on the site. I would probably just get myself into trouble. If someone wants to contribute the definitive scrap article to the Research section it would be most welcome.

Scot
Old 09-28-2016, 07:52 PM

Default Scot.....

i love it!!!

lmk.....I will write many articles on the subject

please let me collaborate with Chris and create a gallery of sorts???....

would you be receptive to me be a resident scrap expert???? along with maybe Chis??? and a scrap gallery or something??? we have been sharing info for years and I think have a great handle on them

lmk.....I will contact chris and start a few articles...
Old 10-03-2016, 12:44 PM
Doug Doremus

Default Great Scot!

Thanks for sharing this new, super-resource!

You may not remember, but I asked you about a scarcity-list a couple of years ago, at which time you said that you were working on it. Glad you accomplished it and more!

I've only scratched the surface of your site so far; I look forward to the many hours it will take to sift through it all.

Thanks again.

Doug
Old 10-03-2016, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougscats View Post
You may not remember, but I asked you about a scarcity-list a couple of years ago, at which time you said that you were working on it. Glad you accomplished it and more!
Hi Doug -- Sure I remember. Many people have asked me for scarcity data over the years but to the extent possible I wanted to publish what I had all at once so nobody would be particularly advantaged. Thanks for checking out the site. Scot
Old 10-03-2016, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvster View Post
i love it!!!

lmk.....I will write many articles on the subject

please let me collaborate with Chris and create a gallery of sorts???....

would you be receptive to me be a resident scrap expert???? along with maybe Chis??? and a scrap gallery or something??? we have been sharing info for years and I think have a great handle on them

lmk.....I will contact chris and start a few articles...
Hi Johnny, Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I would LOVE to publish a comprehensive article on scrap & give you appropriate attribution. PM me if you want to carry on the conversation. Scot
Old 10-03-2016, 08:11 PM

While I am in a posting frenzy I wanted to let everyone know that in addition to fixed price listings the T206 Insider Marketplace now supports reverse auctions. As the seller in a T206 Insider reverse auction (which I call "T206 Countdown!") you choose the starting price, a daily markdown and a minimum price. Please visit the site for details. I have no plans to compete with all of the wonderful traditional auctions out there.

Thanks again Leon for letting me post here. I am trying hard to only respond to questions and comments -- although I know I just cheated.

Scot
Old 10-15-2016, 03:18 AM
Darrell

A great website for new and old pro t-206 collectors. Thanks Scot