NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 06-04-2017, 06:47 PM
Randy Trierweiler

Default I'm selling my Cardinal Collection of 35,000+ cards

PAID ADVERTISEMENT

After thinking about it off and on many times for the last several years, I have decided to sell my St. Louis Cardinals Master collection of over 35,000 different cards from 1939-2016. I have started this process on Ebay and here is a link for what is there at present:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/cardinalcoll...p2047675.l2562

I'm doing this full time and it will probably take over a year to sell it all.

Who am I? I bought my first pack in 1968 in St. Louis and have been collecting ever since. I bought cards from Larry Fritsch in the 1970s. I was one of the early members of the St. Louis Sports Collectors group that began in 1976, when I was 15 years old. I had the great fortune to know hobby legend Buck Barker. I had a column in Sports Collectors News in the mid 1970s called Randy's Ramblings. I was always fascinated with variations, and I have an acknowledgement in Ralph Nozaki's 1980 "The Mistake Manual" which was the first publication dedicated to variations. I also have acknowledgements in Becketts Alphabetical Checklist Guide from 1992 and 1994. I've done extensive work for the Cardinals themselves, on the All Time Roster, and was recognized in their 1999 Media Guide. I also had a hand in promoting Trevor Rosenthal as the 2000th Cardinal, the first 2000th player from ANY franchise, here is an interesting article about that: http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseb...5cc7ac0f6.html

I've also been on Ebay since 2000 with over 6800 transactions, and a Net 54 member since 2009, all though I've not posted much in recent years.

What I collected: Any and all Cardinals including but not limited to: Ad panels, Ad Sheets, Advisory Photos, Albums, Bread Labels, Buttons, Cards, Cereal boxes, Charms, Coins, Cups, Discs, Glove Tags, Inserts, Keychains, Magazine cards, Magnets, Mail-ins, Marbles, Medallions, Milk Cartons, Parallels, Pins, Postcards, Posters, Premiums, Promos, Redemptions, Reprints, Stamps, Variations, Wax Boxes, Wiffle Balls, Wrappers and more. I basically tried to collect every cataloged and uncataloged card from every player. I collected all inserts and parallels through 1997, every autographed card through 2000, and every basic team set through 2013. Oddball issues is a specialty.

What I don't have: Hunters and most Team Issues have been sold, no 1947 Sears postcards either. No 1955 stamps, no 1961 Dice, No 1967 Stand Ups, No 1968 plaks (have the checklist though), and I'm missing a few very rare issues.

If anyone is interested in a particular item and would like to see it on Ebay, or has any questions about my collection, email is my preferred choice of communication, but I will answer all Net 54 messages as well.

Thanks to Leon for allowing me this advertisement, and for any questions, post, message or email me.

Thanks for reading all this.

Additional Notes: 6-5-2017 I neglected to mention that this collection is 99% raw. I never got into graded cards. I'm an old school collector and most everything is exellent or better with some exceptions.

Regards,

Randy Trierweiler
randytrierweiler@gmail.com

Last edited by cardinalcollector; 06-05-2017 at 10:38 AM.
Old 06-04-2017, 07:23 PM
Ben North

Good luck selling everything. If you decide to sell on here directly instead of through eBay you will probably get many more buyers from the forum.
Old 06-05-2017, 07:08 AM
Al Richter

Hope sale goes well Randy. Are you exiting the hobby completely or will you keep a door in the door ?

I have seen much of Shane's large Cardinal collection over on CU and knew you were a Cardinals guy, but had no idea about the scope of your collection or your background. Amazing collection and great background story.

Was it a tough decision to let go ? I think about unloading my stuff from time to time, mainly to avoid having family have to deal with it. I recently was asked to help a local woman liquidate a very large collection after her husband died unexpectedly.
Old 06-05-2017, 07:54 AM
D.an Jackso.n

Cool stuff Randy. Is that '71 Bazooka Dick Allen the only card with him in a Cardinal uniform? After seeing it I don't believe I've seen him in one before. I know the regular issue 1970 Topps is as a Cardinal but it is a side shot in a Phillies hat.
Old 06-05-2017, 10:18 AM
Randy Trierweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
Hope sale goes well Randy. Are you exiting the hobby completely or will you keep a door in the door ?

I have seen much of Shane's large Cardinal collection over on CU and knew you were a Cardinals guy, but had no idea about the scope of your collection or your background. Amazing collection and great background story.

Was it a tough decision to let go ? I think about unloading my stuff from time to time, mainly to avoid having family have to deal with it. I recently was asked to help a local woman liquidate a very large collection after her husband died unexpectedly.
Hi Al, Thanks for the kind words. I will definitely stay in the hobby, I haven't decided what my new focus will be. I know Shane has a great collection, I'm sure I will hear from him. The decision was very difficult, but I'm comfortable with it now. I have 2 daughters that have other interests and honestly, the collection is so large, it has gotten difficult to manage. Most of the stuff I need is extremely rare and cost prohibitive. That was also a factor.

Best regards, Randy
Old 06-05-2017, 10:36 AM
Randy Trierweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlcardsfan View Post
Cool stuff Randy. Is that '71 Bazooka Dick Allen the only card with him in a Cardinal uniform? After seeing it I don't believe I've seen him in one before. I know the regular issue 1970 Topps is as a Cardinal but it is a side shot in a Phillies hat.
Hi Dan, Allen is pictured as a Cardinal in the 1970 Team Issued Postcard, the 1971 Kelloggs set (says Dodgers on back), 1970 Dayton Daily News (never got that one), and the 1970 Candy Lids which is very rare.
Old 06-13-2017, 08:06 PM

Hi Bud,

I just did a google search on your e-mail and got a hit on this forum. Figured I would post. In addition to my eBay messages to you, would you happen to have any Cardinals music sheets? They are pricey and rare, only about 5 music sheets were made for the St. Louis Cardinals.

Also, do you have any Cuban post cards? I am looking for the March 1940 Cuban Postcard showing the players who made the trip to Habana Cuba. See my other posts on my profile for the specifics about this postcard I would like.

Feel free to PM me on here or e-mail me back.

Cheers,
Keith

Last edited by Keith_Loving; 06-13-2017 at 08:14 PM.
Old 06-25-2017, 04:06 PM

Not to double post, but I wanted to let everyone on the forum know. I bought four (4) items and I received them promptly without any issues. I would rate Randy with 5 out of 5 stars. I wish he had more items of my particular interest. Keep me posted Randy if you find anything else.

Thanks,
Keith
Old 06-26-2017, 07:45 PM
Shane

Stand by, Randy! I will be contacting you!
Old 07-01-2017, 08:11 AM
Randy Trierweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith_Loving View Post
Not to double post, but I wanted to let everyone on the forum know. I bought four (4) items and I received them promptly without any issues. I would rate Randy with 5 out of 5 stars. I wish he had more items of my particular interest. Keep me posted Randy if you find anything else.

Thanks,
Keith
Thanks for the kind words Keith, and it was good to hear from Shane, a very serious Cardinal collector as well.

I appreciate all the Net 54 collectors that have looked at my auctions and contacted me. I have opened an Ebay store to offer many items with BIN. The link is listed in the original post.
Old 07-03-2017, 08:57 PM
Shane

I received my Ebay item very promptly. I also purchased several items directly from Randy and they are on the way.
Old 07-04-2017, 11:10 AM
Rich Klein

Shane:

Did he have the Tatis retrofractor you used to post about needing.

Rich
Old 07-04-2017, 12:18 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

That card was found a few months ago in a bulk lot of retrofractors. The All Points Bulletin can be called off. ;-)
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 07-04-2017, 02:33 PM
Shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
That card was found a few months ago in a bulk lot of retrofractors. The All Points Bulletin can be called off. ;-)
As stated above.....I was able to pick one up in a lot of several. I think there were 150 of them... All different. I was then able to sell the lot for $5 less than what I gave for it.

A few weeks later, an uncut strip of 3 featured a Tatis and I bought it just for the fun of it!

I am not sure if Randy has one or not.

Last edited by frankhardy; 07-04-2017 at 02:34 PM.
Old 07-04-2017, 07:44 PM
Randy Trierweiler

I never had the Tatis card Shane was looking for. I was well aware of it though and kept my eyes open for it. Glad to hear you finally got it. Sometimes a common like that can be impossible to find.