NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-13-2012, 11:06 PM
Mark

Default Domino Disc submission to PSA question

I've searched past post for a bit but cant find the answer to this question.

What is the correct way to submit the discs to PSA? Is it considered a card or pack or what? How would I label them in the submission form? I'm asking now at 10pm (while watching SOAs) because PSA's not open to call and ask.

Thanks!
Old 11-14-2012, 05:46 AM

it's rated as a card, but goes into the coin division for holdering.

my info is stale, years old.....you should call them
Old 11-14-2012, 06:03 AM
Glyn Parson

Default PSa submission in my experience

only can be on an invoice with other discs, pins or coins.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:34 AM

My question is why would you want to slab any Domino Discs? I am nearing a complete set and they look fantastic displayed all together in a glass front display case (I don't know the exact term for it). Besides PSA is all over the place in grading these, I've busted out PSA 4s that look nrmt and PSA 8s that looked vg. Very subjective grading on the discs, much more so than on the cards....
Old 11-14-2012, 09:36 AM

On second thought, if you wanted to sell them you would probaby get a better price for them slabbed by PSA, but if you wanted to collect them, I would leave them raw and display them together...
Old 11-14-2012, 09:42 AM
Mark

I do plan on keeping and displaying them but wanted them protected in a holder for the most part. Haven't thought of a way to do both just yet. I went with one of each color front instead of specific players. Thanks for the input. Maybe I'll give it a little bit to figure out a display.

Anyone got anything different than just laying them on a shelf?
Old 11-14-2012, 11:31 AM

I think Bob is referring to a Riker case. If you only have four, a small one would work well and they're inexpensive. The case may also help to keep most moisture out. Here's some pins displayed (without glass lid on)...

A word of caution about slabbing. I have approx. 350 discs (most high grade) and haven't submitted a single one for grading as I think there are times when the slabbing process actually bends the metal rim if it's not perfectly placed in the holder prior to sealing. Shown below is a Young disc (not mine) with bent rim at bottom that I believe came from the slabbing process. I have another in my collection that I bought slabbed that is similar. Although this may have happened prior to slabbing, out of the raw 340+ discs in my collection, none of them have bent rims.

Old 11-15-2012, 03:30 PM
Mark

i see what you mean about bending the rim and nice little display there, i will definitely start looking for a small display thanks!
Old 11-15-2012, 08:33 PM

The discs shifted when I changed it to a different position to take a picture but you get the idea. The others are still in slabs waiting to be broken out as soon as I get a bigger case for all of them to be displayed together.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg securedownload (1).jpg (75.1 KB, 123 views)
Old 01-06-2013, 08:19 PM
Mark

Default Finally found something...

It may be temporary until something else comes around but I found these coin holders that stretch around the disc. Thought I'd show them in case anyone else is looking for an idea.

Last edited by lug-nut; 11-04-2013 at 10:30 PM.