NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-15-2012, 05:20 PM
P@trick R.omolo

Default Sick of reprint listings

I wish ebay would make sellers list reprints in a special group. I am sick of
searching through them through page after page even after you narrow your search to pre-war because they let them list them as something like 1909-11 reprint and you get these sellers that put up hundreds of singles in a row and you end up going through five or six pages that have only a couple of true
pre-war cards.

Last edited by Pat R; 01-16-2015 at 07:29 PM.
Old 07-15-2012, 05:35 PM
Chris Browne
Administrator

Try adding -reprint -RP in the search field.
Old 07-15-2012, 05:41 PM
J0N PEDEℜSѺN

^^ what chris said. Add those to your search. I also add -topps, -chrome, -etopps etc.
Old 07-15-2012, 06:16 PM
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by atx840 View Post
Try adding -reprint -RP in the search field.
I have saved searches on eBay that include as many (-) filters as the system will allow and I still have to weed through endless Reprint Listings. It thins out the obvious ones but it's amazing how many still show up. I have chalked them up as just part of the process.
Another issue that is just as much of a pain is the vendors that only show up when eBay is running some sort of listing special. They will list hundreds of cards at totally crazy money. I wonder if they make ANY sales?
Old 07-15-2012, 06:22 PM
Jeff 'Prize-ner'

I just like to browse and not search for anything in particular so I feel your pain, it's really annoying.
Old 07-15-2012, 06:23 PM
Jeff

-(jsw) -(laughlin) -(fleer) -(upper deck) -(tcma) -(penny) -(rp) -(reprint) -(ud) -(topps) -(leaf) -(stadium club) -(donruss) -(megacards)

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 07-15-2012, 07:34 PM

Default rps

I Agree....so annoying.....especially the graded "aged" ones.....
Old 07-15-2012, 07:45 PM
Joe H
Joe He.rne

Best thing you can do is search with a price minimum. Enter something like $10 since most reprints get listed under that, and it eliminates the hassle
Old 07-15-2012, 09:10 PM
Isaac Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by phikappapsi View Post
Best thing you can do is search with a price minimum. Enter something like $10 since most reprints get listed under that, and it eliminates the hassle
+1
Old 07-15-2012, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phikappapsi View Post

But won't that eliminate all cards with a starting price of $9.99??
Old 07-15-2012, 09:21 PM
Zach

I totally relate, I search everyday for cards I want (when I am ready to buy) and I always have to deal with those cleverly listed reprints that can't always be filtered. I also am sick and tired of those highly overpriced listings that do not sell. Sometimes I am tempted to message those sellers and ask "What the F*&# are you thinking?!" $800 asking price for a $300 card!
Old 07-16-2012, 12:45 AM

With price minimums, don't you miss the legitimate cards with low starting bids? I use the following filter:

t206 -(topps, tribute, reprint, reprints, rp, 2010, etopps, 2002, ultra, helmar, postcard, holder, sleeves)

This get the listings down to a reasonable number (448 auctions, the last time I tried it). Sure, you still get the aluminum cards, the "uncut sheets", and the countless Wagners but the results are managable.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:56 AM
Joe H
Joe He.rne

Yes, putting a price minimum in does mean you miss cards while they're under the minimum, but damn near everything worth buying ends up over $10 at some point, so if you run the search daily even what you might've missed at the open, will appear soon enough.

I dunno, it works for me. Keeps me from using 15 filters, and eliminates 99% of the clutter
Old 07-16-2012, 08:33 AM
Ralph Pr3y€r

I use the -RP and -Reprint. A few months ago I missed a beauty of a card, because seller put in title "Not a reprint" saw it in just a regular completed auctions check and it went really low so I guess seller missed out on alot of us
Old 07-16-2012, 08:45 AM

Using only the $10 price filter has the distinct advantage of simplicity. If it works for you, great.

I use saved searches so using multiple filters is not tedious at all. And it does (IMHO) have some advantages. I did a quick test for T206 in baseball cards on eBay (Auctions Only):
Unfiltered: 968 hits
Price filtered: 518 hits
multiple filters 452 hits (no price filter)

Is it worth the trouble of using multiple filters to screen out 66 hits? I think so. Looking at Time Ending Soonest aucions:
Using the price filter only, 18 of the first 50 listings were reprints or Topps. Using the multiple filters, 1 out of 50.

Just for kicks, I combined the multiple filters with a $10 maximum price and found 8 T206s ending within 14 hours. Sometimes cards fly under the radar and don't get bidding until the last few minutes. Granted, cards most experienced collectors don't want. But if you are looking for bargains these may represent opportunities. Just for kicks, I'm going to check these 8 cards after bidding closes, just to see what they sold for.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:10 AM
Joe H
Joe He.rne

Fair enough, in all honesty most of the shopping I do on eBay I use the price filter option, but I set it at $75 min. I realize I might only see auctions in the last day or two, but I check daily so it doesn't bother me.

I threw out the $10 number assuming it rids most unwanted results, which it seems it does, but clearly using each and every negative filter will be more precise, but likely more precise than I need it to be.