NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-08-2015, 07:26 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387
Default PWCC green cobb psa 5.5 going through the roof

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1909-11-T206...4AAOSw9mFWMm5z

bidding over $14,000 which has to be way over SMR... when I had two PSA 4s nicely centered Green cobbs..all I would hear about is SMR this and SMR that....

the waterfront properties really taking off...!
Old 11-08-2015, 08:09 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

I'd be more impressed if any of the last ten bids came from bidders who didn't bid in PWCC auctions 50 to 100 percent of the time. His auctions are just filled with shill bids and any price he gets on a card is suspect.
Old 11-08-2015, 08:19 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
I'd be more impressed if any of the last ten bids came from bidders who didn't bid in PWCC auctions 50 to 100 percent of the time. His auctions are just filled with shill bids and any price he gets on a card is suspect.
eh he is selling a 450k mantle..he not exactly fly by night...I probably bid 50% of the time on his auctions because private sellers tend to shill and all the of sudden the auction is 'canceled' heck even on a net54 reverse auction a old mill cobb just disappeared......not sure why someone would shill over $8,000..it already breaking new ground..14k blows it off the roof yet you brining up shilling? funny ..go bid on your own card 300% more than the what was perceived present market value and win it back and pay 8-10% to win your own card back...in this case would be over $1000... no way shilling is involved in the winning bids for the card.....if you think otherwise then basically every AH and every other ebay suspect is suspect....BIN's are suspect .. .everything is suspect...just pay what you want for the card and don't pay a penny more and everything will work out...later

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 11-08-2015 at 08:21 AM.
Old 11-08-2015, 09:15 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

There's shill bidding all over his auctions. When the top five bidders only bid in his auctions it's fairly obvious. Just because you pay what you want for a card doesn't lessen the fraud or make it right. Similarly, writing with ellipses instead of using correct punctuation doesn't make your points more cogent.
Old 11-08-2015, 09:25 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

And even if the auction was legit, isn't the great likelihood that the reason for the high price is because a card doctor thinks the card will make its way into a PSA 8 holder?
Old 11-08-2015, 09:39 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
And even if the auction was legit, isn't the great likelihood that the reason for the high price is because a card doctor thinks the card will make its way into a PSA 8 holder?
writing without ellipses doesn't make what you say any better as well...

so if its not shilling its card doctoring? so no sales are legit basically

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 11-08-2015 at 09:40 AM.
Old 11-08-2015, 09:51 AM
Joe M.

Maybe I should put this one up for sale

Joe
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN5447.jpg (72.7 KB, 892 views)

Collecting Detroit 19th Century N172, N173, N175.
N172 Detroit. Getzein, McGlone, Rooks, Wheelock, Gillligan, Kid Baldwin Error, Lady Baldwin, Conway, Deacon White

Positive transactions with Joe G, Jay Miller, CTANK80, BIGFISH, MGHPRO, k. DIXON, LEON, INSIDETHEWRAPPER, GOCUBSGO32, Steve Suckow, RAINIER2004, Ben Yourg, GNAZ01, yanksrnice09, cmiz5290, Kris Sweckard (Kris19),Angyal, Chuck Tapia,Belfast1933,bcbgcbrcb,fusorcruiser, tsp06, cobbcobb13
Old 11-08-2015, 11:24 AM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Quote:
What's a card doctor???
Old 11-08-2015, 09:38 AM
MikeHealer

Quote:
Similarly, writing with ellipses instead of using correct punctuation doesn't make your points more cogent.
Indeed!
Old 11-08-2015, 11:15 AM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
There's shill bidding all over his auctions. When the top five bidders only bid in his auctions it's fairly obvious. Just because you pay what you want for a card doesn't lessen the fraud or make it right. Similarly, writing with ellipses instead of using correct punctuation doesn't make your points more cogent.
I'm not saying you're right or wrong, but why would anyone shill a card that is already that high over any reported sale? VCP record is about 8k for a PSA 5.5 and less than 14k for a 6. I think even if someone were shilling this to start I think they would have let it run it's course a few thousand dollars ago.

The card is perfectly centered and the color looks great. Maybe that's why it is getting bid up so high.
Old 11-08-2015, 11:55 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
I'm not saying you're right or wrong, but why would anyone shill a card that is already that high over any reported sale? VCP record is about 8k for a PSA 5.5 and less than 14k for a 6. I think even if someone were shilling this to start I think they would have let it run it's course a few thousand dollars ago.

The card is perfectly centered and the color looks great. Maybe that's why it is getting bid up so high.
right the OP doesn't think that it is possible that the card can get bid up for its own merit...its a waterfront property type of card..the POP really thins out at PSA 5 and higher.....that's my argument as to why the card is being bid up....but Im an idiot to think its not being shilled...

we can give facts about what the last sales were and that its blowing them out of the water and would make no sense for it to be shilled....and talk intelligently....so far I have been provided very useful counterarguments if that entails name calling.....ill all for discussing intelligently the pros and cons.....

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 11-08-2015 at 11:58 AM.
Old 11-10-2015, 05:25 PM
Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post

+1 there. Centering is increasing in importance due to its effect on eye appeal at an astonishing rate, plus its awfully hard from the scan to see why the card didn't grade at least ExMt. Time will prove its value, and not to much of the former at that.

Best to all,

Larry
Old 11-10-2015, 05:21 PM
Larry

Quote:
Always love Jeff's input, saying exactly what he thinks. I don't know about shill bidding in the PWCC auctions, but that's where I recently got my '39 V351 Ted Williams rookie for less than half of my max bid, so PWCC certainly doesn't see the max bids.

May collecting bring you joy and keep you safe from the triple sss's out there (scammers, schemers and skunks),

Larry
Old 11-12-2015, 10:00 AM
Dan McHugh IV
Banned

Quote:
/thread
Old 11-12-2015, 10:30 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagehofrookies View Post
/thread
i know i have bought items at heritage (before the sales tax in my state came into effect) and sold for 2x more at PWCC and i didn't shill.... so every sale is not suspecti
Old 11-12-2015, 11:55 AM
Dan McHugh IV
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
i know i have bought items at heritage (before the sales tax in my state came into effect) and sold for 2x more at PWCC and i didn't shill.... so every sale is not suspecti
your right not every auction is, just the majority, where most of the bidders are at 50% or more bid activity with him
Old 11-12-2015, 11:59 AM
Dan McHugh IV
Banned

also what I dont understand ,for example, is how this (basically) exact same card is at $100 more for pwcc auctions than the other seller's:

PWCC

other seller