NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-09-2019, 10:45 AM
Mike Dugan

Default Baseball Celebration in Hot Springs

I wanted to let everyone know that we are having our annual Baseball Celebration this Saturday in Hot Springs, Arkansas.

We do this to celebrate the Historic Hot Springs Baseball Trail which features 32 plaques around town at significant sites from the birthplace of Spring Training in 1886.

This year we have a full day starting with a Robinson-Kell SABR Chapter meeting at 10:00 in our Convention Center. This will be followed by panel discussions on history.

At 2:30 we have a panel we are calling WE MADE IT which will feature discussions with local players that actually made the major leagues, some for a short period, others for several years.

At 4:30 we will have a St. Louis Cardinals Celebration panel with Steve Carlton, Ted Simmons, Al Hrabosky and Dick Hughes. Many fans forget Hughes was the leading winner on the 1967 staff at 16-7.

Following each panel the players will be available for autographs, guests will be limited to two autographs per player.

The entire day is free of charge to the public including the autographs. For more information go to visithotsprings.com
Old 10-09-2019, 12:13 PM
Jerry Tate

Default cool

Sounds cool Mike...Jerry
Old 10-09-2019, 02:33 PM
Jerry Tate

Default Arkansas Democrat Gazette

Mike, I just got around to reading the paper and noticed you mentioned in Rex Nelson's column...
Old 10-09-2019, 02:57 PM
David M.

Sounds like a lot of fun for a Cardinal fan. Wish I could go and get Steve Carlton's and Ted Simmons' autograph.
Old 10-09-2019, 06:25 PM
Jerry Tate

Default 1st inning

That 10 run 1st inning was fun too...I was on the can and missed it but I din't mind...maybe that's where I should spend the rest of the postseason...Jerry
Old 10-09-2019, 07:55 PM
Mike Dugan

Jerry - Rex and I have been great friends for almost 40 years now. We travel to events and for fun together and have recently added good friend and old Tech coach Jim Yeager who owned Coach & Bears Dugout card shop in Russellville for many years to our trips. They are two of the best people I know!
Old 10-09-2019, 08:00 PM
Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Springs Bathers View Post
I wanted to let everyone know that we are having our annual Baseball Celebration this Saturday in Hot Springs, Arkansas.

We do this to celebrate the Historic Hot Springs Baseball Trail which features 32 plaques around town at significant sites from the birthplace of Spring Training in 1886.

This year we have a full day starting with a Robinson-Kell SABR Chapter meeting at 10:00 in our Convention Center. This will be followed by panel discussions on history.

At 2:30 we have a panel we are calling WE MADE IT which will feature discussions with local players that actually made the major leagues, some for a short period, others for several years.

At 4:30 we will have a St. Louis Cardinals Celebration panel with Steve Carlton, Ted Simmons, Al Hrabosky and Dick Hughes. Many fans forget Hughes was the leading winner on the 1967 staff at 16-7.

Following each panel the players will be available for autographs, guests will be limited to two autographs per player.

The entire day is free of charge to the public including the autographs. For more information go to visithotsprings.com
Cool, I had never heard of this before. That website isn't working. Is that the correct domain name? Maybe somebody forgot to pay the bill.

My collection: https://www.instagram.com/collectingbrooklyn/
Old 10-09-2019, 08:03 PM
Justin

Default found it

hotsprings.org has info...

https://www.hotsprings.org/events/event/3385/

My collection: https://www.instagram.com/collectingbrooklyn/
Old 10-10-2019, 07:31 AM
Mike Dugan

Thanks Justin!
Old 10-10-2019, 08:24 AM
Ed McCollum

Default Is it a Cardinal Cebration every year, or different teams?

First I’ve ever heard of this. If Cardinals every year, should try and go next year. (if ever a Yankee celebration, forgetaboutit).
Old 10-10-2019, 08:31 AM
Mike Dugan

Ed it is not a Cardinals event every year. Last year we had Ferguson Jenkins who is a terrific gentleman. Next year it will be a Summer weekend and we have an exhibit reserved from the Baseball Hall of Fame. Our guests have not been chosen yet. This year in the early 2:30 time slot we have former major league players; Reggie Ritter, Allen McDill, Mike Beard and Rich Thompson. They offer the chance for fans to ask about their careers and celebrations and injury frustrations. All are really solid people.
Old 10-10-2019, 11:41 AM
Ken Wirt

Sounds like a fun event - especially with the Cardinals playing in the NLCS! Better have some TVs turned on!!!! I look forward to exploring the "Trail" the next time I visit (from Springfield, MO).
Old 10-10-2019, 12:15 PM
Ed McCollum

Default If by chance you’re attending

And aren’t going to be using the two autographs for yourself, I’d compensate you for your time, postage and cost of the balls for sweet spot signatures of Simmons, Hrabosky and Hughs. Got Carlton several years ago when Bob Gibson had his charity golf tournament in Omaha for three years and he always had a great turnout of former Cardinals. But have never had the chance at these three. Enjoy if you go.
Old 10-10-2019, 12:30 PM
Bry@n

We need to get some more fiber in your diet if you missed an entire 10-run inning b/c you were in the crapper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrinus View Post
That 10 run 1st inning was fun too...I was on the can and missed it but I din't mind...maybe that's where I should spend the rest of the postseason...Jerry
Old 10-10-2019, 01:49 PM
Jerry Tate

Default Phil Steele

Haha...I was reading Phil Steel's College Football magazine...I figured if the Cards scored without me then great...Mike I noticed your friend has written a book about Arkansas baseball players...I'll have to get for my nephew's birthday...Jerry
Old 10-11-2019, 12:19 PM
Rich Klein

Hot Springs is a great place to talk baseball. Wish I could make the meeting. These meetings began because SABR Deadball Committee would meet there back in the day and an Arkansas Chapter was created after one of those get-togethers.

Rich