NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for BSelling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on Ebay
Pre-WWII Cards
Post WWII Cards
Vintage Memorabilia
Babe Ruth Cards
Ty Cobb Cards
Lou Gehrig Cards
Mickey Mantle Cards
Goudey Cards
Bowman Cards
T205s on Ebay
Tobacco "T" Cards
Caramel "E" Cards
Vintage Baseball Postcards
Football Cards on Ebay
Exhibit Cards
Strip Cards
Baking Cards
Sporting News
Playball Cards on Ebay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #551  
Old 10-02-2019, 05:50 PM
1952boyntoncollector 1952boyntoncollector is offline
ja.ke liebe.rman
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: http://www.psacard.com/PSASetRegistry/alltimeset.aspx?s=175000&ac=1
Posts: 4,630
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
Same here... extremely discontent and saddened about the state of the hobby, or business, or whatever the hell it is now...

But although I am not personally filing any lawsuits, who knows how many other defrauded people are preparing for litigation. This is the infancy stage. Many victims have not yet become aware of the situation, but they very well might, in due time.

PSA wants everyone to go back to the sellers for refunds. But what if the tainted cards were bought months/years ago? What if the Dealer is no longer in business or is unreachable? What if the card was obtained via trade show, in which the seller has been long-forgotten?

The vast majority of us have no idea what's happening behind the scenes. Give it adequate time, for goodness' sake.

right i understand, but again you are stating that lawsuits WILL happen. My point is if they NEVER happen, then this matter isnt to the extent as such a big deal. People were wronged yes, but there is a huge category of wronged people in which lawsuits are actually filed for lower amounts of money that at issue here.

Yeah there are certain examples of reasons for certain people why no lawsuit was filed but what about the 100s of easy ones involving large amounts of money.

Guy buys a card for 30k from dealer who is in business, and weeks later finds out it was trimmed. (so no issue of card at trade show, or seller is long forgotten or dealer out of business) Lets give it another year from today, wouldnt that not be in the infancy stage?

All i hear is that its soo early as the months keep going by and all of the reasons why nobody would pursue the matter but there are more reasons why people would pursue unless they were happy with the outcome/recourse and reason no lawsuit filed..

I just think even 2 years from now, i will still hear 'give it time'

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 10-03-2019 at 08:58 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #552  
Old 10-02-2019, 06:46 PM
calvindog's Avatar
calvindog calvindog is offline
Jeffrey Lichtman
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 5,169
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
Its interesting that almost every comment you make has an insult in it. We all know about people who find they have to belittle people.

I am making a point. There are no lawsuits. Only takes one major suit to help resolve other potential cases so having one lawsuit is a big deal versus zero.

There is no final answer that you have or I have as to why there arent any. We all have are viewpoints. I am free to make my own point and you are free to make your point.

Even people not in penthouse lawyer offices are free to make our points known. The fact you bother to reply to little ole me shows me something. I assume you will again respond with an nursery school insult and raise your dorsal fin but again you will feel the need to say something. Thats the funny thing.
So one lawsuit brought -- which was actually a counterclaim -- makes a situation hugely problematic for hobbyists but that no lawsuits brought means that this is a non-issue? Are you aware that the one counterclaim brought against Mastro occurred years after the criminal investigation began? Much further down the road than where we are now with the revelations about PSA and grading of trimmed cards.

As for an insult, there's no need really to insult you. I can't do any better than your own words, your own faulty logic. Even the non-lawyers have more acumen than you on these issues.
Reply With Quote
  #553  
Old 10-02-2019, 07:10 PM
Peter_Spaeth's Avatar
Peter_Spaeth Peter_Spaeth is online now
Peter Spaeth
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 19,595
Default

Just to end these posts by Jake, I am filing suit tomorrow on behalf of myself and a class that I'll figure out later against all three grading companies, PWCC, 17 card doctors, and 17 other defendants to be named later for intentional infliction of emotional distress for all the angst they have caused me since the scandal began. Even though they haven't consented I am including Johnny and Chuck as named plaintiffs. Anyone else who wants to be named you'll have to pay me but you will need a minimum of 500 posts on the subject to qualify. Blowout doesn't count. On Kenny Cole's law school classmate's advice I am avoiding California courts like the plague. I am still debating Oregon (no sales tax, home of PWCC and vault and Martin) or Texas (home of Leon and Adat Chaverim show). Jake, I'll send you a copy once it's filed.

Edit to add To appease some message board wannabes I will also have a RICO count and a request to shut down PSA.
__________________
Stuff trumps all. Even tainted stuff.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 10-02-2019 at 07:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #554  
Old 10-02-2019, 07:28 PM
calvindog's Avatar
calvindog calvindog is offline
Jeffrey Lichtman
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 5,169
Default

Civil RICO or criminal?
Reply With Quote
  #555  
Old 10-02-2019, 07:35 PM
Peter_Spaeth's Avatar
Peter_Spaeth Peter_Spaeth is online now
Peter Spaeth
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 19,595
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
Civil RICO or criminal?
I want to be the first person to bring a criminal RICO claim in a civil suit, so criminal.
__________________
Stuff trumps all. Even tainted stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #556  
Old 10-02-2019, 07:38 PM
calvindog's Avatar
calvindog calvindog is offline
Jeffrey Lichtman
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 5,169
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
I want to be the first person to bring a criminal RICO claim in a civil suit, so criminal.
Harvard lawyer showing off.
Reply With Quote
  #557  
Old 10-02-2019, 07:39 PM
Peter_Spaeth's Avatar
Peter_Spaeth Peter_Spaeth is online now
Peter Spaeth
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 19,595
Default

LOL. Maybe I'll add a counterclaim to my own suit, about a comic book?
__________________
Stuff trumps all. Even tainted stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #558  
Old 10-02-2019, 07:41 PM
calvindog's Avatar
calvindog calvindog is offline
Jeffrey Lichtman
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 5,169
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
LOL. Maybe I'll add a counterclaim to my own suit, about a comic book?
Cough. Brilliant idea! Wish I had thought of it. 0_o
Reply With Quote
  #559  
Old 10-02-2019, 07:42 PM
Peter_Spaeth's Avatar
Peter_Spaeth Peter_Spaeth is online now
Peter Spaeth
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 19,595
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
Cough. Brilliant idea! Wish I had thought of it. 0_o
Whatever avoids that undisputed debt works for me.
__________________
Stuff trumps all. Even tainted stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #560  
Old 10-02-2019, 08:39 PM
calvindog's Avatar
calvindog calvindog is offline
Jeffrey Lichtman
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 5,169
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Whatever avoids that undisputed debt works for me.
Worked for me too.
Reply With Quote
  #561  
Old 10-03-2019, 08:54 AM
1952boyntoncollector 1952boyntoncollector is offline
ja.ke liebe.rman
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: http://www.psacard.com/PSASetRegistry/alltimeset.aspx?s=175000&ac=1
Posts: 4,630
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
So one lawsuit brought -- which was actually a counterclaim -- makes a situation hugely problematic for hobbyists but that no lawsuits brought means that this is a non-issue? Are you aware that the one counterclaim brought against Mastro occurred years after the criminal investigation began? Much further down the road than where we are now with the revelations about PSA and grading of trimmed cards.

As for an insult, there's no need really to insult you. I can't do any better than your own words, your own faulty logic. Even the non-lawyers have more acumen than you on these issues.
there you go. Another post that you know all the answers and another insult. What a surprise.

You have your own narrative and you dont factor in anything. I understand you are making your argument and have a client in this issue. Nobody knows everything. I never said this is a non-issue, i always said theres there is an issue. I just said there are issues where lawsuits are involved and issues where lawsuits are not involved.

To me, i think thats a big difference. I would think in the HOF of the biggest scams in the world where people are wronged and lost tons of money and were all unhappy a lawsuit would be filed whether now or 3 years from now. People are saying that in time it will happen, I am just saying theres a good chance there wont if everyone is satisfied to a degree/dont care that nobody will file lawsuit.

I can spare you your next post. Jake- people in grade school know more than you. I am great, look at how i bully and insult.

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 10-03-2019 at 08:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #562  
Old 10-03-2019, 08:56 AM
1952boyntoncollector 1952boyntoncollector is offline
ja.ke liebe.rman
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: http://www.psacard.com/PSASetRegistry/alltimeset.aspx?s=175000&ac=1
Posts: 4,630
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Just to end these posts by Jake, I am filing suit tomorrow on behalf of myself and a class that I'll figure out later against all three grading companies, PWCC, 17 card doctors, and 17 other defendants to be named later for intentional infliction of emotional distress for all the angst they have caused me since the scandal began. Even though they haven't consented I am including Johnny and Chuck as named plaintiffs. Anyone else who wants to be named you'll have to pay me but you will need a minimum of 500 posts on the subject to qualify. Blowout doesn't count. On Kenny Cole's law school classmate's advice I am avoiding California courts like the plague. I am still debating Oregon (no sales tax, home of PWCC and vault and Martin) or Texas (home of Leon and Adat Chaverim show). Jake, I'll send you a copy once it's filed.

Edit to add To appease some message board wannabes I will also have a RICO count and a request to shut down PSA.
Ill await the copy......
Reply With Quote
  #563  
Old 10-03-2019, 09:08 AM
calvindog's Avatar
calvindog calvindog is offline
Jeffrey Lichtman
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 5,169
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
there you go. Another post that you know all the answers and another insult. What a surprise.

You have your own narrative and you dont factor in anything. I understand you are making your argument and have a client in this issue. Nobody knows everything. I never said this is a non-issue, i always said theres there is an issue. I just said there are issues where lawsuits are involved and issues where lawsuits are not involved.

To me, i think thats a big difference. I would think in the HOF of the biggest scams in the world where people are wronged and lost tons of money and were all unhappy a lawsuit would be filed whether now or 3 years from now. People are saying that in time it will happen, I am just saying theres a good chance there wont if everyone is satisfied to a degree/dont care that nobody will file lawsuit.

I can spare you your next post. Jake- people in grade school know more than you. I am great, look at how i bully and insult.
You're Peter Chao. I don't think you're malignant but you proudly wave around your ignorance as if it is supposed to impress someone.

Sometimes it makes sense to listen to people who know more than you on an issue, who have actual experience on an issue, who are involved in the issue.

Again, and I'll type this slowly for you: litigation does not need to be brought in order for victims to be made whole. The number of lawsuits brought is not directly related to the harm perceived or suffered. Yes, this is grade school common sense of which non-lawyers on the board seem to understand well.

The fact that I have a client involved would suggest that I would be looking to downplay what occurred here. I am not. For an obvious reason. Again, and s l o w l y: what occurred here rocks the foundation of the hobby. Lawsuits or no lawsuits will not change that.

Last edited by calvindog; 10-03-2019 at 09:15 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #564  
Old 10-03-2019, 09:57 AM
tschock tschock is offline
T@yl0r $ch0ck
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 1,132
Default

To paraphrase Barbie. Lawyering is hard.
All this civil suit discussion has got me wondering if I need to file a civil suit against the grocery store for the bag of bad apples they sold me. Do I need a retainer? And if so, how much with that run?
Reply With Quote
  #565  
Old 10-03-2019, 10:29 AM
Fuddjcal Fuddjcal is offline
Chuck Tapia
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,480
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Just to end these posts by Jake, I am filing suit tomorrow on behalf of myself and a class that I'll figure out later against all three grading companies, PWCC, 17 card doctors, and 17 other defendants to be named later for intentional infliction of emotional distress for all the angst they have caused me since the scandal began. Even though they haven't consented I am including Johnny and Chuck as named plaintiffs. Anyone else who wants to be named you'll have to pay me but you will need a minimum of 500 posts on the subject to qualify. Blowout doesn't count. On Kenny Cole's law school classmate's advice I am avoiding California courts like the plague. I am still debating Oregon (no sales tax, home of PWCC and vault and Martin) or Texas (home of Leon and Adat Chaverim show). Jake, I'll send you a copy once it's filed.

Edit to add To appease some message board wannabes I will also have a RICO count and a request to shut down PSA.
I consent. Class action, Rico & shut it all down! I'm currently in a class action lawsuit with the gas company going on for 5 years now, so I don't expect Rome to be built in a day. Get it going. Where should I ship all the evidence, All My FAKE trimmed cards in these stupid plastic rip off holders?
Reply With Quote
  #566  
Old 10-03-2019, 10:48 AM
Peter_Spaeth's Avatar
Peter_Spaeth Peter_Spaeth is online now
Peter Spaeth
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 19,595
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuddjcal View Post
I consent. Class action, Rico & shut it all down! I'm currently in a class action lawsuit with the gas company going on for 5 years now, so I don't expect Rome to be built in a day. Get it going. Where should I ship all the evidence, All My FAKE trimmed cards in these stupid plastic rip off holders?
The Vault will make a nice home for them, I think. Send them along to be ingested.
__________________
Stuff trumps all. Even tainted stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #567  
Old 10-03-2019, 01:25 PM
Johnny630 Johnny630 is online now
Johnny MaZilli
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,817
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
The Vault will make a nice home for them, I think. Send them along to be ingested.
Lmao !
Reply With Quote
  #568  
Old 10-03-2019, 01:35 PM
Peter_Spaeth's Avatar
Peter_Spaeth Peter_Spaeth is online now
Peter Spaeth
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 19,595
Default

The vault, getting ready to ingest another victim.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rzme1vum90q01.jpg (11.9 KB, 770 views)
__________________
Stuff trumps all. Even tainted stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #569  
Old 10-03-2019, 01:42 PM
steve B steve B is offline
Steve Birmingham
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: eastern Mass.
Posts: 5,840
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Just to end these posts by Jake, I am filing suit tomorrow on behalf of myself and a class that I'll figure out later against all three grading companies, PWCC, 17 card doctors, and 17 other defendants to be named later for intentional infliction of emotional distress for all the angst they have caused me since the scandal began. Even though they haven't consented I am including Johnny and Chuck as named plaintiffs. Anyone else who wants to be named you'll have to pay me but you will need a minimum of 500 posts on the subject to qualify. Blowout doesn't count. On Kenny Cole's law school classmate's advice I am avoiding California courts like the plague. I am still debating Oregon (no sales tax, home of PWCC and vault and Martin) or Texas (home of Leon and Adat Chaverim show). Jake, I'll send you a copy once it's filed.

Edit to add To appease some message board wannabes I will also have a RICO count and a request to shut down PSA.
I'm.... wait, I have to make 500 posts AND pay you? That's just too much work for me. I probably couldn't afford it anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #570  
Old 10-03-2019, 02:06 PM
steve B steve B is offline
Steve Birmingham
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: eastern Mass.
Posts: 5,840
Default

PSA after the class action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZTdqh-a0tU
Reply With Quote
  #571  
Old 10-03-2019, 02:32 PM
Peter_Spaeth's Avatar
Peter_Spaeth Peter_Spaeth is online now
Peter Spaeth
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 19,595
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
I'm.... wait, I have to make 500 posts AND pay you? That's just too much work for me. I probably couldn't afford it anyway.
Fees waived for locals.
__________________
Stuff trumps all. Even tainted stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #572  
Old 10-03-2019, 03:39 PM
samosa4u's Avatar
samosa4u samosa4u is offline
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Toronto
Posts: 575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_spaeth View Post
the vault, getting ready to ingest another victim.
lmao!!!!!

The Vault is guarded by:


Last edited by samosa4u; 10-03-2019 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Added photo
Reply With Quote
  #573  
Old 10-04-2019, 01:26 PM
1952boyntoncollector 1952boyntoncollector is offline
ja.ke liebe.rman
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: http://www.psacard.com/PSASetRegistry/alltimeset.aspx?s=175000&ac=1
Posts: 4,630
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samosa4u View Post
lmao!!!!!

The Vault is guarded by:

appropriate as October 31 is approaching...
Reply With Quote
  #574  
Old 10-10-2019, 01:00 PM
Peter_Spaeth's Avatar
Peter_Spaeth Peter_Spaeth is online now
Peter Spaeth
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 19,595
Default

Up the ladder to the roof, as the Supremes song goes.

https://www.blowoutforums.com/showpo...postcount=1642
__________________
Stuff trumps all. Even tainted stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #575  
Old 10-10-2019, 01:03 PM
ullmandds's Avatar
ullmandds ullmandds is online now
pete ullman
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: saint paul, mn
Posts: 9,095
Default

THERE'S THE PROOF...paying huge $$$$$ for 9's or 10's is just plain stupid!!!!! Because on any given day they could be 8's!!
Reply With Quote
  #576  
Old 10-10-2019, 01:52 PM
perezfan's Avatar
perezfan perezfan is online now
M@RK ST€!NBERG
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 4,527
Default

I don't know how to copy/paste a single post like Peter did...

But if you go over to that same thread in Blowout, you'll see another '56 Topps card that made the same jumps from PSA 8 to 9 to 10. The 1956 Red Schoendienst was proven trimmed, whereas they detected no difference in the Neal.

So which is which is worse? The random numerical grades assigned for the same exact Neal card (which jumped from $66 to $3,894). Or the obviously trimmed Schoendienst (which jumped from $109 to $1,780).

Is there really a minute chance that the grader(s) made these highly coincidental mistakes legitimately and in honest fashion? Or are these further examples of PSA turning a blind eye for a preferred submitter? Neither scenario bodes well for them.
Reply With Quote
  #577  
Old 10-10-2019, 02:37 PM
1952boyntoncollector 1952boyntoncollector is offline
ja.ke liebe.rman
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: http://www.psacard.com/PSASetRegistry/alltimeset.aspx?s=175000&ac=1
Posts: 4,630
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
You're Peter Chao. I don't think you're malignant but you proudly wave around your ignorance as if it is supposed to impress someone.

Sometimes it makes sense to listen to people who know more than you on an issue, who have actual experience on an issue, who are involved in the issue.

Again, and I'll type this slowly for you: litigation does not need to be brought in order for victims to be made whole. The number of lawsuits brought is not directly related to the harm perceived or suffered. Yes, this is grade school common sense of which non-lawyers on the board seem to understand well.

The fact that I have a client involved would suggest that I would be looking to downplay what occurred here. I am not. For an obvious reason. Again, and s l o w l y: what occurred here rocks the foundation of the hobby. Lawsuits or no lawsuits will not change that.

I think you are Peter Chao (see how it looks when you say that).

You said what occurred rocked the foundation of the hobby. Do you mean the buyer or the sellers or both? Are prices at auctions getting rocked now versus before. Less submissions to PSA? No lines to get cards graded? The stock price for collector universe has gotten rocked? We already know no lawsuits.



Please advise as to how the foundation has been rocked. Ill say it slowly 'R o c k ed'

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 10-10-2019 at 02:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #578  
Old 10-10-2019, 03:06 PM
perezfan's Avatar
perezfan perezfan is online now
M@RK ST€!NBERG
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 4,527
Default

Poor Peter Chao...

Looks like his infamous legacy will never end here. Hope he found a friendlier and more accepting place to hang out.
Reply With Quote
  #579  
Old 10-10-2019, 03:09 PM
Rich Klein Rich Klein is offline
Rich Klein
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Plano Tx
Posts: 3,686
Default

Peter has not done much with his linked in profile -- but if you are interested in chatting with him: And yes, this is HIS profile

https://www.linkedin.com/in/peter-chao-71a84863/

Regards
Rich
__________________
Look for our show listings in the Net 54 Calendar section
Reply With Quote
  #580  
Old 10-10-2019, 04:00 PM
HRBAKER's Avatar
HRBAKER HRBAKER is offline
Jeff
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 5,118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Up the ladder to the roof, as the Supremes song goes.

https://www.blowoutforums.com/showpo...postcount=1642
Nothing to see here, three different days - three different "opinions."
__________________
Check out my aging Sell/Trade Album on my Profile page

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Reply With Quote
  #581  
Old 10-10-2019, 05:29 PM
calvindog's Avatar
calvindog calvindog is offline
Jeffrey Lichtman
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 5,169
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
I think you are Peter Chao (see how it looks when you say that).

You said what occurred rocked the foundation of the hobby. Do you mean the buyer or the sellers or both? Are prices at auctions getting rocked now versus before. Less submissions to PSA? No lines to get cards graded? The stock price for collector universe has gotten rocked? We already know no lawsuits.



Please advise as to how the foundation has been rocked. Ill say it slowly 'R o c k ed'
You’re an idiot and have the legal acumen of a flea. Which is why you are the only civil litigator aggressively discussing lawsuits against PSA and your own mother wouldn’t hire you. No one with any grey matter on this board will. You simply have no common sense. (See how it looks when I say that?)
Reply With Quote
  #582  
Old 10-10-2019, 05:51 PM
Peter_Spaeth's Avatar
Peter_Spaeth Peter_Spaeth is online now
Peter Spaeth
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 19,595
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
Poor Peter Chao...

Looks like his infamous legacy will never end here. Hope he found a friendlier and more accepting place to hang out.
Nor should it end. His Virginia Tech thread, which I linked to someplace recently, will never be matched.

Nor, for that matter, will his question why Joe Jackson didn't get hurt if he played without shoes.
__________________
Stuff trumps all. Even tainted stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #583  
Old 10-11-2019, 08:28 AM
glynparson's Avatar
glynparson glynparson is offline
Glyn Parson
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Blandon PA
Posts: 1,883
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Excellent thoughts. I remember well a poster here from a decade ago who, at least in his public stance, fit squarely into category 3.
Correct Jim talked a good game but that was it.
Reply With Quote
  #584  
Old 10-11-2019, 08:45 AM
1952boyntoncollector 1952boyntoncollector is offline
ja.ke liebe.rman
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: http://www.psacard.com/PSASetRegistry/alltimeset.aspx?s=175000&ac=1
Posts: 4,630
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
You’re an idiot and have the legal acumen of a flea. Which is why you are the only civil litigator aggressively discussing lawsuits against PSA and your own mother wouldn’t hire you. No one with any grey matter on this board will. You simply have no common sense. (See how it looks when I say that?)
well this idiot predicted you would bully on your posts and attempt to belittle.

Surprised you would resort to a 'your mother' joke. Guess thats why you are so expensive. Such original insults. I am not sure what yo mean about aggressively discussing lawsuits against PSA

I have been discussing the opposite. Have I not stated a number of times that I guess everyone is satisfied/refunded that NO lawsuits have been filed.

It seems you are the one that is stating that the hobby has been rocked and just because there are no lawsuits its a HUGE issue and worthy of litigation or other major fix. I also asked the questions about whether past sales at auctions shows how bad the hobby has been rocked as you stated which you didnt answer. I dont think recent auction sales reflect that. Thats a position that would be contra to discussing lawsuits.

It sounds like from what you are saying that you are encouraging aggressively discussing lawsuits. (see how that sounds) You just keep making up your own narrative no matter what i state and be a bully.


Also its interesting you yourself were critical of PWCC (one would think you were looking for clients) and now you represent them

Peter C lives!

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 10-11-2019 at 08:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #585  
Old 10-11-2019, 09:05 AM
calvindog's Avatar
calvindog calvindog is offline
Jeffrey Lichtman
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 5,169
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
well this idiot predicted you would bully on your posts and attempt to belittle.

Surprised you would resort to a 'your mother' joke. Guess thats why you are so expensive. Such original insults. I am not sure what yo mean about aggressively discussing lawsuits against PSA

I have been discussing the opposite. Have I not stated a number of times that I guess everyone is satisfied/refunded that NO lawsuits have been filed.

It seems you are the one that is stating that the hobby has been rocked and just because there are no lawsuits its a HUGE issue and worthy of litigation or other major fix. I also asked the questions about whether past sales at auctions shows how bad the hobby has been rocked as you stated which you didnt answer. I dont think recent auction sales reflect that. Thats a position that would be contra to discussing lawsuits. It sounds like from what you are saying that you are encouraging aggressively discussing lawsuits
(see how that sounds)

Peter C lives!
Jake, I'm expensive due to supply and demand. For the same reason you barely exist in the legal world.

These issues are very obvious to everyone on the board but you. Again, everyone is not satisfied or happy just because no lawsuits are filed. If everyone is satisfied and happy, why is there a present criminal investigation occurring? No harm, no foul, right? Why is there a statute of limitations on lawsuits? Why not just make the limitation period 3 months? Because that's all anyone needs to determine if they are satisfied and happy on a legal dispute, right?

The ramifications of the card alteration scandal will not be fully appreciated for a while as again everyone knows this but you. When enough 'before' pictures are outed and start causing most high grade cards to no longer be able to be sold, do you think that is a non-issue? And they can't be cracked out and resubmitted because the cards will just be outed again. If PSA is required to start replacing numerically cards from the registry and turning them into As, do you think this doesn't affect the hobby?

Do you think this is over just because one dullard says so?

And I'm sorry I hurt your feelings by calling you an idiot.
Reply With Quote
  #586  
Old 10-11-2019, 11:08 AM
Peter_Spaeth's Avatar
Peter_Spaeth Peter_Spaeth is online now
Peter Spaeth
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 19,595
Default

In my opinion the majority of altered cards are never going to be outed because they were purchased raw. Whether enough are going to be outed anyhow that destroy confidence in TPG high grade slabs altogether, we'll see.
__________________
Stuff trumps all. Even tainted stuff.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 10-11-2019 at 11:08 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #587  
Old 10-11-2019, 11:57 AM
Rhotchkiss's Avatar
Rhotchkiss Rhotchkiss is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,637
Default

Was Mastro still operating biz as usual while under investigation, and if so, how long did that go on until Mastro closed up?

Last edited by Rhotchkiss; 10-11-2019 at 12:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #588  
Old 10-11-2019, 12:38 PM
benjulmag benjulmag is offline
CoreyRS.hanus
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 567
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Whether enough are going to be outed anyhow that destroy confidence in TPG high grade slabs altogether, we'll see.
This to me is the 64 thousand dollar question. And it is very unclear to me that anything short of a new TPG that uses as part of its business model the outing of high grade slabbed cards in order to attract market share, confidence in the PSA slab will ever be impacted enough to provide the needed financial incentive to induce the type of litigation that could threaten PSA.
Reply With Quote
  #589  
Old 10-11-2019, 04:48 PM
JeremyW's Avatar
JeremyW JeremyW is offline
Jeremy W.
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 705
Default

Anyone who is thinking about investing in high grade PSA cards needs to look at Peter's post (#274). From $60 to $4,000. should make people question what is going on.
Reply With Quote
  #590  
Old 10-12-2019, 03:43 PM
MULLINS5 MULLINS5 is offline
Patr1ck Mu111N5
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 193
Default

$60,000 value gain on an altered PSA 8 Bobby Hull rookie just surfaced on Blowout.
Reply With Quote
  #591  
Old 10-12-2019, 03:44 PM
Peter_Spaeth's Avatar
Peter_Spaeth Peter_Spaeth is online now
Peter Spaeth
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 19,595
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULLINS5 View Post
$60,000 value gain on an altered PSA 8 Bobby Hull rookie just surfaced on Blowout.
https://www.blowoutforums.com/showpo...postcount=1778

A mere 60K gain.
__________________
Stuff trumps all. Even tainted stuff.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 10-12-2019 at 03:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #592  
Old 10-12-2019, 03:55 PM
ullmandds's Avatar
ullmandds ullmandds is online now
pete ullman
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: saint paul, mn
Posts: 9,095
Default

Wow!!!
Reply With Quote
  #593  
Old 10-12-2019, 04:14 PM
Johnny630 Johnny630 is online now
Johnny MaZilli
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,817
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
Wow!!!
How Can Newport Beach Miss the Snow recoloring on this Hull? Can someone please explain this??

I know longer buy they are this bad at detecting alterations....

Last edited by Johnny630; 10-12-2019 at 04:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #594  
Old 10-12-2019, 04:16 PM
1952boyntoncollector 1952boyntoncollector is offline
ja.ke liebe.rman
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: http://www.psacard.com/PSASetRegistry/alltimeset.aspx?s=175000&ac=1
Posts: 4,630
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
Jake, I'm expensive due to supply and demand. For the same reason you barely exist in the legal world.

These issues are very obvious to everyone on the board but you. Again, everyone is not satisfied or happy just because no lawsuits are filed. If everyone is satisfied and happy, why is there a present criminal investigation occurring? No harm, no foul, right? Why is there a statute of limitations on lawsuits? Why not just make the limitation period 3 months? Because that's all anyone needs to determine if they are satisfied and happy on a legal dispute, right?

Some states have 1 year or 2 statue of limitations by the way. Yeah can argue federal and other ways to pursue a case but why let your statute SOL blow if this issue is rocking the hobby.

The ramifications of the card alteration scandal will not be fully appreciated for a while as again everyone knows this but you. When enough 'before' pictures are outed and start causing most high grade cards to no longer be able to be sold, do you think that is a non-issue? And they can't be cracked out and resubmitted because the cards will just be outed again. If PSA is required to start replacing numerically cards from the registry and turning them into As, do you think this doesn't affect the hobby?

Do you think this is over just because one dullard says so?

And I'm sorry I hurt your feelings by calling you an idiot.

right so now you saying the statute of limitations didnt expire so its still early for lawsuits. What about 3 months before the statute of limitations or a year. I dont know about you but most lawyers dont wait until right before the statute of limitations to file anything as there is added risk such blowing an issue and thus blowing the statute or class action occurs earlier and there is no opt out along with hundreds of other problems in waiting to the last minute etc

The fact you are mentioning statute of limitations being an issue as to why no lawsuits have been filed does prove that you do think lawsuits would be filed since this current scandal is a huge issue but only because enough time has not passed no lawsuits have been filed. If lawsuits or not didnt mean anything why bother to bring up the statute of limitations.

So its not absurd I am bringing up the fact that no lawsuits have been filed. 2 years from now, if still no lawsuits are filed, would you then agree that its far from rocking the hobby in that it would appear most people are happy/refunded with the outcome..

Its ok you said i am an idiot....you spent time to write that and there is much supply and demand for your services so your time in so expensive that you still took what little free time you have to call me names and make a your mama joke. i am honored. Peter C lives..

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 10-12-2019 at 04:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #595  
Old 10-12-2019, 04:34 PM
samosa4u's Avatar
samosa4u samosa4u is offline
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Toronto
Posts: 575
Default Holy effing sh*t!

Somebody trimmed AND recolored an $18,000 USD card?

You have to have a REALLY large set of balls to do that - larger than Tony Montana's.
Reply With Quote
  #596  
Old 10-12-2019, 04:43 PM
Peter_Spaeth's Avatar
Peter_Spaeth Peter_Spaeth is online now
Peter Spaeth
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 19,595
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samosa4u View Post
Somebody trimmed AND recolored an $18,000 USD card?

You have to have a REALLY large set of balls to do that - larger than Tony Montana's.
It's all relative. If you have millions, it's not much to risk particularly if you think there's a decent chance you'll succeed. People bet a hell of a lot more than that every day.
__________________
Stuff trumps all. Even tainted stuff.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 10-12-2019 at 04:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #597  
Old 10-12-2019, 04:47 PM
MULLINS5 MULLINS5 is offline
Patr1ck Mu111N5
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
It's all relative. If you have millions, it's not much to risk particularly if you think there's a decent chance you'll succeed. People bet a hell of a lot more than that every day.
I agree with you, but I'm starting to feel like they know ahead of time what the grade will be before going through the trouble.
Reply With Quote
  #598  
Old 10-12-2019, 04:53 PM
Johnny630 Johnny630 is online now
Johnny MaZilli
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,817
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULLINS5 View Post
I agree with you, but I'm starting to feel like they know ahead of time what the grade will be before going through the trouble.
Bingo
Reply With Quote
  #599  
Old 10-12-2019, 05:33 PM
calvindog's Avatar
calvindog calvindog is offline
Jeffrey Lichtman
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 5,169
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
right so now you saying the statute of limitations didnt expire so its still early for lawsuits. What about 3 months before the statute of limitations or a year. I dont know about you but most lawyers dont wait until right before the statute of limitations to file anything as there is added risk such blowing an issue and thus blowing the statute or class action occurs earlier and there is no opt out along with hundreds of other problems in waiting to the last minute etc

The fact you are mentioning statute of limitations being an issue as to why no lawsuits have been filed does prove that you do think lawsuits would be filed since this current scandal is a huge issue but only because enough time has not passed no lawsuits have been filed. If lawsuits or not didnt mean anything why bother to bring up the statute of limitations.

So its not absurd I am bringing up the fact that no lawsuits have been filed. 2 years from now, if still no lawsuits are filed, would you then agree that its far from rocking the hobby in that it would appear most people are happy/refunded with the outcome..

Its ok you said i am an idiot....you spent time to write that and there is much supply and demand for your services so your time in so expensive that you still took what little free time you have to call me names and make a your mama joke. i am honored. Peter C lives..
I'm saying that the lawsuit issue is meaningless. That the lack of them does not mean people are happy. My point by noting that statutes of limits exist is to explain that not everyone who can sue MUST sue immediately as you are suggesting. How you, allegedly a lawyer who may have one client, cannot see this is stunning. I scored a $4.35 million settlement on a claim recently with a single letter. No lawsuit. Does that mean my client was thrilled because she didn't file a lawsuit? Do you not understand how this works? Ask Mastro's co-conspirators who paid my clients six figures if they felt a lawsuit was necessary to get them to pay back money they stole.

And if you don't mind me calling you an idiot, then I will again. You're an idiot. And yeah, I always have time for pointing this out, although, again, that no one from here hires a crack civil litigator like yourself surely makes clear I'm not alone in my opinion.

Last edited by calvindog; 10-12-2019 at 05:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #600  
Old 10-12-2019, 05:40 PM
Peter_Spaeth's Avatar
Peter_Spaeth Peter_Spaeth is online now
Peter Spaeth
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 19,595
Default

Not up to the standards of the old Point Counterpoint on 60 Minutes.

More like the parody on SNL, with Dan Aykroyd famously saying to Jane Curtin, Jane, you ignorant slut!!
__________________
Stuff trumps all. Even tainted stuff.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fake Signed T206 Cards (Too Many to List in the Title, See First Post for List) SetBuilder Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 1048 06-03-2019 04:55 PM
Am I Potentially Getting Scammed? Paypal Orioles1954 Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 12 03-20-2018 06:39 PM
Potentially fake D350-3 Standard Biscuit backed cards on eBay rhettyeakley Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 31 02-09-2015 12:38 AM
How it feels to FINALLY cross your most-wanted card off your list..... Archive Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 10 09-29-2007 12:15 PM
Potentially Dumb JSA/SGC Question Archive Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 5 10-15-2006 07:42 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34 PM.


ebay GSB