NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-07-2015, 05:22 PM
Ken McMillan

Default Heritage auctions payment

I know that it is probably buried in their site but when and how does Heritage invoice auctions won? I won the E121-80 Frank Baker cards and want to expedite payment ASAP so I can get the card and cross it to SGC to match the rest of the collection. I saw their number to call but assume being the wekend that they will be staffed as a skelaton crew. My first experience with Heritage so am learning.

Kmac
Old 11-07-2015, 05:30 PM
Dave_Berg

My guess is they will invoice you after tonight's session ( oct 5-7 auction)
Old 11-07-2015, 05:45 PM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

If you pay using PAYPAL, it arrives pretty quick from my experience.
Old 11-07-2015, 05:45 PM
MikeHealer

Yes, they wait for the auction to end before sending invoices.
Old 11-07-2015, 06:10 PM
Ken McMillan

Then Paypal it will be. Thanks

Kmac
Old 11-07-2015, 06:11 PM
T0NY @

And you can call on Monday to expedite both payment and shipping if this is your choice. I've done it each time I've won an item with complete success.
Old 11-07-2015, 06:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikehealer View Post
Yes, they wait for the auction to end before sending invoices.
Lol.
Old 11-07-2015, 07:07 PM
Scott S

Their typical policy is something like shipment within 7 days of payment. If you want to expedite payment, they will offer to ship that day, for an extra $15 to mail it out ASAP. That's what I was told last time they had a big auction.
Old 11-07-2015, 07:28 PM
A.J. Johnson

Related question... If I live in RI does Heritage charge tax?
*Proudest hobby accomplishment: finished the 1914 Cracker Jack set ranked #11 all-time
Old 11-07-2015, 07:34 PM
Ken McMillan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajjohnsonsoxfan View Post
Related question... If I live in RI does Heritage charge tax?
Probably depends on if you live in a state where they have an office. That is generally how sales tax works unfortunately. If you live in Texas, definitely and living in California, they have an office in Beverly Hills so probably. The way sales tax is charged differs from state to state but if you live in a state where the company has a presence, plan on paying an additional 7.75%
Old 11-08-2015, 02:58 PM
Bill

received from HA this morning around 8am:
"Note: This information is preliminary and subject to change. For winning bids, an invoice will be generated in MyOrders after the auction is finalized on our end, most likely by end of business on Wednesday, November 11, 2015."

Last edited by sportzjunky; 11-08-2015 at 02:59 PM.
Old 11-08-2015, 03:10 PM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Got my invoice 30 minutes ago, with a 4 day window for payment???? )already made payment but just seemed odd to me)

Last edited by gnaz01; 11-08-2015 at 03:18 PM.
Old 11-08-2015, 04:04 PM
Ken McMillan

Went to pay with paypal and the links do not work and there is an invoice pdf that shows to invoice but it does not show up in my orders. Guess will have to call tomorrow.
Old 11-08-2015, 05:04 PM
Ken McMillan

Links fixed......yea....now to set up the welcoming party for Mr. Bakers
Old 11-08-2015, 05:32 PM
Paul

Heritage's shipping department is a complete nightmare based on personal experience.
Old 11-08-2015, 05:57 PM
Paul

Spent over $12K in the last six months and STILL can't get a catalog mailed to me.
Old 11-08-2015, 07:16 PM
Paul

Hello Pete ......are you out there ?
Old 11-09-2015, 02:17 PM
Je.rry Spillm@n

My Heritage invoice includes a 7% sales tax. Being unaware of the tax I did not calculate that cost into my bids. This is totally unfair; it discriminates as to how much you pay for the same item due to where you happen to live. The $370 may have deterred me from a sale that would have shorted the consignor.

Paul - your cost was increased $840 due to your location. Not fair.
Old 11-09-2015, 02:40 PM
(DJ) Rich.ard.s

To be fair, you can't blame Heritage for collecting the sales tax. They don't create the tax laws. They are just doing what they are legally required to do.

DJ
E92 Red Crofts - Anyone especially Barry, Shean, and Evers
Old 11-09-2015, 02:42 PM
Mike Ryan

Heritage lost me years ago with their slow shipping and their "Beverly Hills" office surprise.
Old 11-09-2015, 04:16 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrys View Post
My Heritage invoice includes a 7% sales tax. Being unaware of the tax I did not calculate that cost into my bids. This is totally unfair; it discriminates as to how much you pay for the same item due to where you happen to live. The $370 may have deterred me from a sale that would have shorted the consignor.

Paul - your cost was increased $840 due to your location. Not fair.
I don't see Florida on there, make sure it wasn't an error. They made one on mine once in regards to shipping, but I caught it before I paid, and they corrected it, somewhat reluctantly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ha.JPG (41.3 KB, 579 views)
Old 11-09-2015, 04:33 PM
Je.rry Spillm@n

No one assumes Heritage creates tax laws - I was just not informed.
Old 11-09-2015, 04:35 PM
Rob.ert Bal.ke

I had to pay my NY sales tax today when I paid. Rob
Old 11-09-2015, 05:15 PM
Ken McMillan

Taxes all based on where you live and if they have a physical presence in your state then you have to pay it. Eventually all internet sales will be taxed and not much you can do about it. Definitely not Heritages fault but it cost me $77 extra just because I live in California and they have an office in Beverly Hills.
Old 11-09-2015, 06:11 PM
Daryl

Default Heritage auctions payment

nm

Last edited by 4815162342; 11-09-2015 at 06:12 PM.
Old 11-10-2015, 07:53 AM
Eric Bea.chley

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnaz01 View Post
Got my invoice 30 minutes ago, with a 4 day window for payment???? )already made payment but just seemed odd to me)
Yeah, I thought that was a bit quick for receiving a check, especially since the post office is closed on Wednesday. But on the My Orders page they have a simple way to use eCheck.
Old 11-10-2015, 07:58 AM
Banned

Mailed payment yesterday and still haven't received my items. Anyone else experiencing a delay?
Old 11-10-2015, 08:01 AM
MikeHealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob D. View Post
Mailed payment yesterday and still haven't received my items. Anyone else experiencing a delay?
I'm waiting to send payment until after I receive the cards. I still haven't received them. How long will it take? It's been two days.
Old 11-10-2015, 09:01 AM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikehealer View Post
I'm waiting to send payment until after I receive the cards. I still haven't received them. How long will it take? It's been two days.
haha...nice mike...i've heard you have the patience of a saint!!!
Old 11-10-2015, 11:19 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Actually, Mike, if Heritage assigns you their top customer status they will ship smaller orders immediately. I guess I am on their good risk list: according to their site my dinky order was shipped yesterday before I even paid for it.

As for the taxes, to quote Oliver Wendell Holmes: "It is true, as indicated in the last cited case, that every exaction of money for an act is a discouragement to the extent of the payment required, but that which in its immediacy is a discouragement may be part of an encouragement when seen in its organic connection with the whole. Taxes are what we pay for civilized society...."

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 11-10-2015 at 11:28 AM.
Old 11-10-2015, 12:13 PM
Jay Cee

Echeck is by far the best way to pay IMO. Thats the only way I pay for My winnings unless I have consignment funds on account. Now I am no "tax" attourney, but whats stopping people from having their shipments delivered to a different state? In the past I have won items which I gave as gifts to other people and the AH shipped it directly to them. Plus, whats wrong with shipping to the actual location where the buyer will be. Many snowbirds Im sure bid, and I assume theywant their winnings delivered to where they are and not their physical address on file. Best thing to do is to get all the facts (options) you have and then do whats best for you.

Last edited by BeanTown; 11-10-2015 at 12:14 PM.
Old 11-10-2015, 04:31 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Why bother? States with sales tax have use tax requirements that are equivalent to the sales tax that would have been paid, so they get you coming or going.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 11-11-2015, 09:57 AM
Joh.n Spen.cer

I am a bit miffed with Heritage at the moment. When trying to get a straight answer how I could clear my account after the last auction, I ran into a bureaucratic buzzsaw. I wanted to use a Visa debit card but was told I could charge only $2500; however, did I wish to make a partial payment, since my total owing was significantly more than that, or how about an electronic check transfer (no thanks.) PayPal was out of the question (huh?) Then I learned that I had to pay $500 or so in Florida sales tax (huh, again, since I thought Heritage is located in Texas and there is no mention of a Florida office on their face page.) I guess they are a licensed auction house here with a Palm Beach address but that sure isn't worth $500 to me. Finally, after what seemed like 3 days on the 'phone, we agreed that why don't I just cut them a check and send it by snail mail. Not a very friendly user experience.
Old 11-11-2015, 10:51 AM
Eric Bea.chley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
I am a bit miffed with Heritage at the moment. When trying to get a straight answer how I could clear my account after the last auction, I ran into a bureaucratic buzzsaw. I wanted to use a Visa debit card but was told I could charge only $2500; however, did I wish to make a partial payment, since my total owing was significantly more than that, or how about an electronic check transfer (no thanks.) PayPal was out of the question (huh?) Then I learned that I had to pay $500 or so in Florida sales tax (huh, again, since I thought Heritage is located in Texas and there is no mention of a Florida office on their face page.) I guess they are a licensed auction house here with a Palm Beach address but that sure isn't worth $500 to me. Finally, after what seemed like 3 days on the 'phone, we agreed that why don't I just cut them a check and send it by snail mail. Not a very friendly user experience.
PayPal costs them 2.9%. If everyone used PayPal then bidders premium would go up 2.9%. Everyone would prefer that not happen.

Since an electronic check is the exact same thing as a mailed check (you know they convert it electronically when received to transmit funds from your bank) only a bit safer (nobody physically handles it to possibly write down information) I'm not sure what the problem was. Only takes a minute longer than PayPal too. They couldn't make it much easier.
Old 11-11-2015, 12:23 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Attached Images
File Type: jpg yoda.jpg (50.2 KB, 431 views)
Old 11-11-2015, 01:30 PM
Glenn
Glen.n Sch.ey-d

We discussed this over the summer.

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...ght=interstate
Old 11-11-2015, 02:08 PM
Joh.n Spen.cer

Paul, great "gottcha," but I know you know the frustration when all you want to do is pay your money and get your cards. It has become a complicated hobby.
Old 11-11-2015, 02:32 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

No, I totally concur with you.....I was just looking for a funny Yoda-ism for you. : )
Old 11-11-2015, 02:45 PM
A.J. Johnson

Your problems have now been solved! I've just launched a new business - AuctionConcierge.com. For a 10% fee (on total invoice), my team of trusted overseas advisors will arrange to have your invoices paid and shipments sent. Those frustrating 5 minute calls with the auction houses to arrange payments, a thing of the past! Hate reading emails to see what you owe?...Let AuctionConcierge read for you! Don't know what an echeck is? Our advisors can explain it to you in nauseating detail. Upgrade to the gold platinum service (another 10% of total invoice) and Auction Concierge will even advise you on how much taxes you might owe based on your shipping location. Call us today, our overseas agents are waiting!
*Proudest hobby accomplishment: finished the 1914 Cracker Jack set ranked #11 all-time
Old 11-11-2015, 07:43 PM
Ken McMillan

Does anyone know if they send you a tracking number like SGC does when they send cards?
Old 11-11-2015, 07:45 PM
qualitycards

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac32 View Post
Does anyone know if they send you a tracking number like SGC does when they send cards?
Ken, yes they do!
Log in to your account & click "My Orders" and the tracking # will be there once they ship your package
Old 11-12-2015, 06:44 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe View Post
I don't see Florida on there, make sure it wasn't an error. They made one on mine once in regards to shipping, but I caught it before I paid, and they corrected it, somewhat reluctantly.
i lost out on several items because i factored into the sales tax and the item wasnt worth it when that was factored in.

just another reason why like to bid on PWCC more...saving 5-7% of my funds for cards instead of taxes......

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 11-12-2015 at 06:50 AM.
Old 11-12-2015, 07:17 AM
J1m C0chran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajjohnsonsoxfan View Post
your problems have now been solved! I've just launched a new business - auctionconcierge.com. For a 10% fee (on total invoice), my team of trusted overseas advisors will arrange to have your invoices paid and shipments sent. Those frustrating 5 minute calls with the auction houses to arrange payments, a thing of the past! Hate reading emails to see what you owe?...let auctionconcierge read for you! Don't know what an echeck is? Our advisors can explain it to you in nauseating detail. Upgrade to the gold platinum service (another 10% of total invoice) and auction concierge will even advise you on how much taxes you might owe based on your shipping location. Call us today, our overseas agents are waiting!
lolol
Old 11-12-2015, 07:39 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
i lost out on several items because i factored into the sales tax and the item wasnt worth it when that was factored in.

just another reason why like to bid on PWCC more...saving 5-7% of my funds for cards instead of taxes......
Yes but when you factor in the shill bidding opportunities at PWCC, with so many top bidders having multiple bid retractions and somehow only bidding on PWCC cards, I'm guessing it evens out.
Old 11-12-2015, 10:05 AM
Eric Bea.chley

Quote:
Paul, great "gottcha," but I know you know the frustration when all you want to do is pay your money and get your cards. It has become a complicated hobby.
But they made it so much easier, quicker, and safer by offering echecks rather than sending a paper check. It took me less than 1 minute to pay (faster than walking to my mailbox and back) plus I saved a stamp. And I will likely get my cards a few days faster than mailing a paper check.

When Heritage receives your paper check, they will convert the MICR encoding on the bottom into an electronic format and essentially create an echeck at that time to request payment from your bank. Your risk by sending a paper check is that it has your name and address along with the banking information. That is handled by a person at some point, and could get lost or stolen.
Old 11-12-2015, 10:12 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Heritage's site is the best -- and the worst (apologies to Hunt, I'm trying to make a point). Best scans, most material for sale, links to prior items, opportunities to make offers on sold items, etc. But as you said, the site is complicated and tough to navigate at times. As for paying them, I think just getting them a check asap is your best bet: a surrender of sorts. To their credit, they ship before even being paid to long-time clients who have done a lot of business with them. And the e-check thing is really easy to set up.

I actually think Heritage has gotten much better with their site and taken some criticism to heart. And at the end of the day, they have the biggest scans in the business and that's perhaps most important of all.
Old 11-12-2015, 10:27 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
Yes but when you factor in the shill bidding opportunities at PWCC, with so many top bidders having multiple bid retractions and somehow only bidding on PWCC cards, I'm guessing it evens out.

what bidder history besides number of bids do we get to see with heritage? .if nothing..that means no shilling there too (assuming shilling on every single card at pwcc) ? we do know the tax hit is there at heritage over pwcc for sure that's 100%.. (bid retraction a non issue as you can retract your bid if someone retracts a bid making yours the high bid)

if there was zero bid history on ebay...all of the sudden there is no shilling I gather..

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 11-12-2015 at 10:27 AM.
Old 11-12-2015, 10:42 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
what bidder history besides number of bids do we get to see with heritage? .if nothing..that means no shilling there too (assuming shilling on every single card at pwcc) ? we do know the tax hit is there at heritage over pwcc for sure that's 100%.. (bid retraction a non issue as you can retract your bid if someone retracts a bid making yours the high bid)

if there was zero bid history on ebay...all of the sudden there is no shilling I gather..
I don't believe the owners of Heritage have ever come onto Net 54 and gotten caught lying the way Brent did. Let me guess -- that doesn't matter either?
Old 11-12-2015, 10:54 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
I don't believe the owners of Heritage have ever come onto Net 54 and gotten caught lying the way Brent did. Let me guess -- that doesn't matter either?
so no transparency with Heritage (or other auction houses, i am not singling out heritage ) means no 100% no shilling....if never caught means never have done....plus pay 5-7% tax....no that CANT be a reason that other AHs may go for more at hammer when the bidders don't have to pay the Tax..which on a card in the thousands can be hundreds of dollars if not thousands.

Heritage (or any other auction house with a Sales Tax in which PWCC does not have ) has NEVER been accused of any impropriety such as excessive shipping or shilling and never any lawsuits with those allegations...

and their bid history is so clear and transparent that who are we to question any shilling..

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 11-12-2015 at 11:00 AM.
Old 11-12-2015, 10:57 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
so no transparency with Heritage means no 100% no shilling....if never caught means never have done....plus pay 5-7% tax....no that CANT be a reason that other AHs may go for more at hammer when the bidders don't have to pay the Tax..which on a card in the thousands can be hundreds of dollars if not thousands.

Heritage has NEVER been accused of any impropriety such as excessive shipping or shilling and never any lawsuits with those allegations...

and their bid history is so clear and transparent that who are we to question any shilling..
Again, no one from Heritage has ever been caught lying on Net 54 the way Brent was. Sorry, but for most of us that matters. And I think if you asked around Net 54 they would agree that Heritage is a way more reputable outfit than PWCC is.