NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-08-2003, 05:33 PM
Administrator

Default Wilbert Robinson Old Judge image needed

Posted By: runscott 

I'm looking for large, clear images (like on the loc site), with image sharpness the main consideration - I can clean up spots, cracks, tears, etc. I am almost exactly covering costs on the oj reprints, selling only to board members (and serious lurkers), so I can't really offer free sets, but I will certainly send you a nice pile of "almost 1st quality" extras. I am also happy to say that I received a Real oj of Amos Rusie in the mail Monday, that had an exceptionally clear, though heavily creased image, and it will be part of series 2.

Old 10-08-2003, 06:43 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Joe_G.

Just chimming in to say I received my set (1st Series) and liked what I saw. The neat OJ box and quality of the cards was beyond what I expected for your asking price.

I was also happy to see that there is absolutely no way any OJ collector would mistake these for the real thing. The card size, the back design, and fancy "R" on the front together with the overlay glossiness that doesn't quite match an authentic card are all great give-a-ways that the card is of little collectible value.

Thank You, good luck finding the images you are looking for.

Joe G.

Old 10-08-2003, 10:08 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Hankron

Wilbert managing the Dodgers in style and comfort

Old 10-08-2003, 10:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rob M (ramram)

Old 10-09-2003, 12:34 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob Lemke

I've got a sharp black-and-white print of the Robinson N173 pictured in the Standard Catalog (Page 298 of the new edition.) The photo portion of the card is about 3-1/4" x 5-1/4". If you want to borrow the print (I'd need to get it back) e-mail me your mailing address and I'll get it out to you.

Old 10-10-2003, 11:36 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jay Miller

Scott--There is an N173 on JC's site.

Old 10-10-2003, 11:39 AM
Administrator

as I mentioned in my initial note requesting feedback on this project, I will not be using any images without permission. But having said that, if you are willing to contribute YOUR Old Judge images, I will be very appreciative and more than happy to accept them.

Old 10-10-2003, 11:40 AM
Administrator

Are you suggesting there might be interest in an Old Judge "Fantasy Graveyard" set?, i.e: "Where are they now?" (all in the same place if going by depth)

Old 10-10-2003, 11:44 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Rich Jacobs

Jay:

Can you post a link to the site?

Thanks very much.

Old 10-10-2003, 12:50 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jay Miller

www.zmotive.com/gallery/jccards