NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-11-2005, 10:49 AM
Administrator

Default cards that exist but have never been seen.

Posted By: Wade

I was wondering what cards out there supposedly exist on checklists but you've never seen and want to? I collect Harry Wolter cards and he is listed on both the T5 Pinkerton checklist as well as the Texas Tommy checklist. I had never seen the All-Star issue either until Scott was nice enough to email me a scan. What cards have you been waiting for but haven't come along?
p.s Anyone that might have a scan of either of these cards please post it.

Old 12-11-2005, 11:02 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

Jim Thorpe Colgan

Jay

I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.

Old 12-11-2005, 11:11 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Kevin Cummings

Not cards, but I'd love to see the Cameo Pepsin Gum pins of Cap Anson, Candy LaChance, Bill Lange and Jake Stenzel.

Old 12-11-2005, 11:14 AM
Administrator

Posted By: warshawlaw

Never even a scan...

Old 12-11-2005, 11:19 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Paul

I think the T231 Carson Bigbee should be near the top of everyone's list.

Old 12-11-2005, 11:32 AM
Administrator

Posted By: tbob

P-2 Sweet Caporal pin Mullin large letters black hat is in all the checklists but to date no one has ever acknowledged having one.

Old 12-11-2005, 11:43 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Andy Baran

There is a picture of the Cameo Pepsin Anson from Rob Lifson's personal collection on page 144 of the new Smithsonian Baseball book. Included in the photo are lots of other HOFers from the Cameo pin set, as well as an uncataloged Cameo Pepsin of Sockalexis.

Old 12-11-2005, 12:17 PM
Administrator

The card that I would most like to see is the 1913 Boston Garter Rabbit Maranville. I'd also like to see the Colgan Chips Jim Thorpe. There were 2 other cards that I had always wanted to see that were either shown or discovered in the past year for the first time:

1.) 1893 Just So Tobacco Cy Young - Photo of the card in the Smithsonian Baseball book

2.) W600 Jesse Burkett - existance was in question until it was auctioned in a large lot by Mastronet earlier this year

Old 12-11-2005, 01:40 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Paul

How about almost every W503?

Old 12-11-2005, 01:50 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Andy Cook

I have never been able to verify that there exists a W590 for Spencer after 10 years of searching. If anyone could supply a scan, it would be appreciated.
Thanks, Andy

Old 12-11-2005, 02:07 PM
Administrator

Posted By: joe Maples

I have a Detroit checklist book and for the Tigers only Cobb and Dauss are listed. 2 poses of Cobb.

Joe

Old 12-11-2005, 03:05 PM
Administrator

Posted By: david

not sure if one even exists but it is included on the original oj checklist as being available

Old 12-11-2005, 03:49 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Harry Wallace (HW)

I am not too good at posting pictures. Hopefully this will come out OK.

Maranville is the bottom left.

Old 12-12-2005, 01:21 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

I would love to see that Sockalexis cameo. I would assume that is the only non-photograph item of his. I'm not aware of his image existing on anything other than photos of one type or another.

Jay

I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.

Old 12-12-2005, 03:20 AM
Administrator

Posted By: josh wolf

1)1916 Tango Eggs Wagner
2)1925 Holland Roger Peckinpaugh
3)1933 Butter Cream Ruth
4)1952 Wheaties Tin Tray George Kell
5)1963 Colt .45's John Bateman

Old 12-12-2005, 06:35 AM
Administrator

Courtesy of Frank Ward's website:

Old 12-12-2005, 06:40 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jay Miller

David--Although it is theoretically possible that an N173 of McPhee exists(he was on the list of cards that could be ordered) this card is NOT included in the current Cartophilic Society checklist. If you have seen it in the SCD checklist I would view it as questionable.I believe they also list a horizontal version of Brouthers which I have never seen and is also not in the Cartophilic Society listing and which is the card I would love to see. I would also like to see the Kalamazoo Bats of Dave Orr which is listed but I have never seen it.

Old 12-12-2005, 06:54 AM
Administrator

jay
i was refering to the original checklist from goodwin that you could pick the cabinets from. i believe both lipset and the current standard catalog omit the mcphee in their listings.

Old 12-12-2005, 07:02 AM
Administrator

Posted By: john/z28jd

For Jay Behrens.If you want to see a Colgans Thorpe bad enough order than hall of fame set from Fritsch.Its a 7 card set about $10 delivered and it pictures that card along with his Wagner,Magie,Doyle/natl,and a Joe Jackson card and possibly one other i cant think of off the top of my head.I have the set somewhere in my room but i also have literally about 50 places it could be so if i ever stumble across it ill post it otherwise get the friggin set and see the card you want to see so much!

Old 12-12-2005, 07:10 AM
Administrator

John is right.

http://www.fritschcards.com/reprints/1971_1990/1988Museum.html

Old 12-12-2005, 07:16 AM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

How about a card that probably doesn't exist but possibly could- an Old Mill cabinet of Joe Jackson, matching his T210 pose. I think only the lower series cards made it into cabinet form, and certainly not the series 8 cards.

Old 12-12-2005, 09:13 AM
Administrator

Posted By: John S

E254 Getz Pittsburgh (listed by Lipset)

This card's existence is disputable, but I have always kept it on my checklist as it is the last card I need for my E254 Pirates set.

Old 12-12-2005, 09:17 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Matt Goebel

Has anyone ever seen this?

Old 12-12-2005, 09:28 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bruce Babcock

Plow Boy tobacco Frank Chance. I know that there must be a few out there but have never even seen a photo or scan. Tango Egg Ty Cobb is another.

Old 12-12-2005, 11:04 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Harry Wallace (HW)

Here you go Bruce:

Old 12-12-2005, 11:50 AM
Administrator

Posted By: identify7

Id like to see an e107 Gochnauer, if anyone has one.

Old 12-12-2005, 08:29 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bruce Babcock

Thanks, Harry. I have the Tinker & the Evers. I'll keep looking for the elusive Chance. Now I know what I'm looking for.

Old 12-13-2005, 06:27 AM
Administrator

g and b comisky and kelly

Old 12-14-2005, 12:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bryan Long

Does this card exist? I think Lemk's book now say "now doubtful" or something like that. Anyone know or have one?

Old 12-14-2005, 01:49 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

Dunlap Detroit is not doubtful- it is non-existent. I recently checked SGC's set registry for N162 and even the people with a complete set of 8 are listed as 88.9% complete because they are missing the variation. I emailed them to change it but who knows if they will.

Old 12-14-2005, 07:22 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jerry Spillman

Tris Speaker Rose Co. postcard.

It is listed in an early 1970s postcard catalog but I've not seen one.

Old 12-14-2005, 08:11 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Koteles

is the Joe Kelley Victory tobbaco listed in the big Krause?

it is not in the large Beckett.

I have the Kelley.I just do not know how to scan here.

Old 12-14-2005, 08:44 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Lobert Collector

Has anyone ever even SEEN one of these? Been looking for years. Please send a scan. Thanks, Bob

Old 12-14-2005, 09:20 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Tim Newcomb

It's in all the checklists, but no one (except Jay M.) has ever seen one. Also the only portrait pose in the whole set, which is pretty suspicious.

Tim

Old 12-15-2005, 11:32 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob Lemke

We have Joe K. in the Standard Catalog with Victory tobacco. We used to add about one Victory a year to the list of knowns, but have gone 0-fer-2005.

Old 12-15-2005, 02:47 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Scot Reader (ebay: sreader3)

I believe all of the below T206 front/back combinations are thought possible in most checklists but that most do not exist. I would love to see any of them. Thanks, Scot

Any of these with any 350 back: Abbaticchio (Blue Sleeves), Latham, Overall (Hands at Waist), Schaefer (Washington), Tannehill (Chicago no L).

Any of these with any 460 back: Bender (With Trees), Fiene (Portrait), Fiene (Throwing).

Any of these with Broadleaf 350, Carolina Brights, Cycle 350, Sovereign 460 or Sweet Cap 460 Factory 30: Ames (Hands Above), Baker, Bender (Pit. No Trees), Berger, Bradley (Batting), M. Brown (Chi. on Shirt), Burch (Fielding) ,Cobb (Bat Off Shoulder), Conroy (With Bat), Crawford (With Bat), Dahlen (Brooklyn), Davis (Phil. Davis on Frt.), Donlin (With Bat), Doolan (Batting), Dougherty (Arm in Air), Downey (Batting), Doyle (With Bat), Elberfeld (Wash. Fielding), Griffith (Batting), Jennings (1 Hand Shows), Jennings (2 Hands Show), Johnson (Pitching), T. Jordan (Brook. Batting), Joss (Pitching), Konetchy (Glove Low), Lajoie (With Bat), Lake (St. Louis No Ball), Leach (Bending Over), Leifield (Batting), Magee (With Bat), Manning (Pitching), H. McIntyre (Bkln. & Chi.), McQuillan (Batting), Mullin (With Bat), Murphy (Batting), O’Leary (Hands on Kn.), Overall (Hand Face Hi), Pelty (Vertical), Pfeister (Throwing), Reulbach (No Glove), Rucker (Throwing), Seymour (Throwing), Snodgrass (Catching), Stahl (Glove Shows), Steinfeldt (With Bat), Street (Catching), J. Sweeney (New York), Tinker (Bat Off Shldr.), He. Wagner (Bat on Rt.), D. White (Pitching), Wilhelm (With Bat), Willetts, Willis (With Bat), Willis (Throwing), Wiltse (Pitching), C. Young (Glove Shows)

(A little less confident that the following don't exist, but haven't seen them and have looked hard)

Any of these with Old Mill: G. Brown (Chicago), M. Brown (Cubs on Shirt), Burch (Batting), Donlin (Fielding), Evers (Bat Cubs on Shirt), Pattee, Pelty (Horizontal), Powers, Reulbach (Glove Shows).

Any of these with Sweet Cap Factory 649 Overstrike: Abbaticchio (Brown Slvs.), Ames (Portrait), Ames (Hands at Chest), Ball (New York), Beaumont, Bell (Hands Above Head), Bender (Portrait), Bergen (Batting), Birmingham, Bowerman, Bradley (Portrait), Bridwell (Port. No Cap), M. Brown (Portrait), Camnitz (Arms Folded), Chance (Port. Red), Chase (Pink Background), Chase (White Cap), Chesbro, Cicotte, F. Clarke (Portrait), F. Clarke (Holding Bat), Cobb (Port. Green), Cobb (Bat On Shoulder), Conroy (Fielding), Covaleski, Crandall (Port. No Cap), Crawford (Throwing), Criger, Criss, Dahlen (Boston), H. Davis (H. on Front), Devlin, Donlin (Seated), Donohue, Donovan (Portrait), Dooin, Doolin, Dougherty (Portrait), L. Doyle (Throwing), Durham, Elberfeld (N.Y.), Evers (Portrait), Ferris, Flick, Ganley, Gibson, Hahn, Hemphill, Herzog (New York), B. Hinchman (Cleveland), Isbell, Jacklitsch, Jennings (Portrait), F. Jones (Portrait), F. Jones (Hands on Hips), T. Jordan (Portrait), Joss (Portrait), Karger, Keeler (Portrait), Keeler (Batting), Kleinow (With Bat), Kling, Konetchy (Glove High), Lajoie (Portrait), Leach (Portrait), Leifield (Pitching), Lindaman, Lobert, Lumley, Lundgren (Chicago), Magee (Potrait), Mathewson (Portrait), McGraw (Port. No Cap), McGraw (Finger in Air), Merkle (Portrait), Mullin (Throwing), Murphy (Throwing), Niles, Oldring (Fielding), Overall (Portrait), Parent, Powell, Rucker (Portrait), Schaefer (Detroit), Schulte (Front View), Seymour (Batting), A. Shaw (St. Louis), Shipke, F. Smith (F on Front), Spade, Spencer, Stahl (No Glove), Steinfeldt (Portrait), Stone, Stovall (Portrait), Sullivan, L. Tannehill (L on Front), Tenney, Tinker (Portrait), Tinker (Hands on Knees), Turner, Waddell (Portrait), Waddell (Throwing), Wallace, Walsh, Weimer, D. White (Portrait), Williams, Willis (Pittsburg), Wiltse (Port. No Cap), C. Young (Portrait), C. Young (Bare Hand).

Jennings (Portrait) with any Sweet Cap 150.

Demmitt (N.Y.), O'Hara (N.Y.) with Polar Bear.