NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-09-2005, 12:44 PM
Administrator

Default Julie & Her REA Consignments Posts

Posted By: George H. Counter

Julie, I think everyone knows by now that you consigned your collection to REA.

Do you have to post about it everytime you write something in a thread?

I don't hate you, not even close...so don't use the "everybody hates Julie" card.

Old 12-09-2005, 01:07 PM
Administrator

Posted By: John

George;

Lighten up, I also think everyone here knows how much Julie loved her stuff, regardless of issues or disagreements. I know that if I decided to sell my stuff after all the years of collecting it, and still visited the board, that some topics would remind me of my past collection and I may be tempted to drop the topic of my recent consignment seeing as it is still fresh.

An even better question would be for you George, if you think that Julie brining up her recent REA consignment on a frequent basis is pointless, then why a post dedicated to it?

Old 12-09-2005, 01:09 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bryan Long

I think you are giving up a major part of your collection and for me it would be very hard to do so. I would want as much pub as possible too. I don't think you have gone over-board - so don't worry. Why do we continue to bash people around for nothing. There I said it. Now people can turn their bashing to me.

As I told a fellow board member not too long ago - I now know why many of the "old timers" that have tons of knowledge to share have left and never came back.

Old 12-09-2005, 01:22 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Al Crisafulli

I don't know Julie at all, and have never had a conversation with her, via email, message board, or otherwise.

If I had to get rid of my collection, it would kill me to do so. I would dwell on it incessantly, talk about it all the time, and do whatever I could to make sure that my cards found a good home.

-Al

Old 12-09-2005, 01:23 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

Did someone call for Blackheart the Attacker?

Jay- evil basher (or is that bastard) of net54

I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.

Old 12-09-2005, 01:25 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bryan Long

and delete this thread.

My website: http://photobucket.com/albums/b45/trib01/
I am always looking for Walter Johnson cards. Buying or trading for T206 Johnson and Mathewson portraits.

Old 12-09-2005, 01:26 PM
Administrator

Posted By: David McDonald

Great thread, George. Real thoughtful. Keep up the good work.

Old 12-09-2005, 01:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

I saw this thread started within one minute of it going up. I was on the phone with another board member and asked his opinion if I should delete it or not. Hard call but as long as someone puts their name by a post, for the most part, I let it go. It's America. This board has a way of policing itself.... I anticipated the subsequent posts exactly as they have been....best regards.....moderator dude...aka dictator dude....or "dick" for short...

edited for grammar

Old 12-09-2005, 01:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: JudgeDred (Fred)

What??? Julie's selling her collection????

It's got to be tough, kind of like selling off your family... sorry for the facectious nature of the post...

Old 12-09-2005, 02:18 PM
Administrator

Posted By: John

I can’t hold George 100% responsible for his comments; after all I do believe he is a recent graduate of the prestigious ARU (Alan Rosen University) also known as the ARU (“Bitter Turtles”) Go Turtles!

Old 12-09-2005, 02:40 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

You need to stick his on one of those midget twins that used to have late night infomercials on how to get rich. Then he's look like that the bitter turtle in the picture

Jay

I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.

Old 12-09-2005, 02:50 PM
Administrator

Posted By: JudgeDred (Fred)

John, that's not going to get old anytime soon... keep it up... I need the laughs....!!!

Old 12-09-2005, 02:54 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie Vognar

Now if I could only remember who George Counter was...

The following post (I think it's genuine, and not sarcastic) is one reason I blab on and on about it. Aside from people asking if they can buy cards on my website, several have asked if I can TAKE CARDS OUT OF THE AUCTION AND SELL THEM TO INQUIRER. No, I can't.

Old 12-09-2005, 03:00 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Alan Zimmerman

julie is consigning her stuff to REA? had i not seen this thread i wouldnt have known it. julie, i would thank george for the free publicity. good luck on the auction.

alan

Old 12-09-2005, 03:36 PM
Administrator

Posted By: pete

if so, you just reminded everyone about it, including me...now you will have more compitition for the cards you want, as a matter of fact, tell me which ones you are planning on bidding on so i can out bid you!

i for one appreciate that occassionaly mentioning of the auction by julie or otherwise, it's giving all of the board members a little edge over the general public bidders who dont know or read this forum...thanks julie!

pete-

Old 12-09-2005, 03:46 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Alan Zimmerman

a little saracasm, but the harmless kind. i think it is good that you mention it. keeps it fresh in everyone's mind, and it's most usually on topic, so no harm. it isnt like someone posts "how's your day going?" and you respond "good, but not as good as they day when i consigned stuff with REA". you usually mention it when someone is inquiring as to whether or not a specific card is for sale anywhere, etc. so i think you do a service. this isnt my usual "hate filled" post, so that probably explains why you were taken aback. alan

Old 12-12-2005, 04:59 AM
Administrator

Posted By: identify7

I always enjoy Julie's scans of cards in her collection - she has a fantastic eye for this hobby, and has assembled some very attractive sets, groupings and singles.

We haven't seen the '52 Robinson in a while now.

Old 12-12-2005, 05:45 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

I would provide a gentle caution about advertising too much on the main board about things for sale. I think there have been numerous board members who have been chastised for doing such things. I am NOT saying that needs to be done here but am just mentioning it as board policy....best regards ...moderator dude

Old 12-12-2005, 06:35 AM
Administrator

Posted By: T206Collector

...when I clicked on this link and it didn't have a link to Julie's stuff on an REA-hosted website. I can't wait to discuss Julie's memorabilia on this Board. I think it is really interesting that a Board member with such great cards has decided to sell them off and keep us all informed of the details along the way.

And to echo a previous post, there is no such thing as bad publicity.

Old 12-12-2005, 08:45 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian

This thread is technically a complaint thread, not an advertisement thread -- no?

Old 12-12-2005, 09:09 AM
Administrator

Old 12-12-2005, 09:18 AM
Administrator

Posted By: John S

Julie, do what you have to do...it makes me sad every time I think of you parting with your collection. Glad to see that you are still posting.

Old 12-12-2005, 05:10 PM
Administrator

Posted By: cmoking

Is it in April?

Old 12-13-2005, 02:12 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve K

Julie - you've probably thought of this already and probably already have scans of your cards. I know there's been times for various reasons whereby I had to sell some of my beloved cards. It was a lot less painful when I kept a nice scan to remember them by

Old 12-13-2005, 12:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: tbob

Steve- I am just the opposite, it is more painful for me when I have a scan to look back on what I have sold or traded
Tbob

Old 12-14-2005, 12:16 PM
Administrator

www.julievognar.com/home

But some never made it to the website, and I don't have scans of them. Esp '30s, '40s '50s '60s cards (few '50s and '60s cards with REA; Mark Macrae has them. Also some surprising rejects from REA)