NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-20-2016, 08:05 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387
Default jose fernandez being sued soon like i said

Here comes the lawsuit soon. One of the the 'friends' of jose had never driven a boat and only met him once before so its unlikely he drove. If there is evidence and a verdict that Jose caused the death of 2 people, this could impact his legacy. If you were the family of a someone who died based on the actions of a celebrity, i would think you would be upset every time you saw that celebrity being honored as it would bring up memories of a tragedy.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2016/1...et-lawyer.html

We are a long way away in terms of proof and such, but if there is significant evidence that Jose killed two people would you still name a high school or some type of school after Jose Fernandez for all he has done in miami community.

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 10-20-2016 at 08:11 AM.
Old 10-20-2016, 08:23 AM
Jason S!m@nds

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
We are a long way away in terms of proof and such, but if there is significant evidence that Jose killed two people would you still name a high school or some type of school after Jose Fernandez for all he has done in miami community.
Yes
Old 10-20-2016, 08:51 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

If you were the parents of the other 2 victims on that boat and they were against naming a school after him they may beg to differ

In addition thus far the bad driving actions may be a result of being a fight with a girlfriend and worse yet maybe alcohol involved

Basically if Roberto Clemente was operating the plane in 1973 and the crash killed 2 passengers and was as a result of pilot error, i dont think his legacy would even be one half of what it is today.

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 10-20-2016 at 10:33 AM.
Old 10-20-2016, 10:36 AM

I don't think that's true. Processing a death is not as black and white as you're making it out to be. There are many emotions that trump blame when it comes to the early death of a beloved person in the community.
Old 10-20-2016, 10:49 AM
Peter Spaeth

This is all premature, and indeed the lawyer said he is awaiting the results of the investigation. At this point there is no basis even to speculate.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 10-20-2016, 10:59 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
This is all premature, and indeed the lawyer said he is awaiting the results of the investigation. At this point there is no basis even to speculate.
right, thats why i said

"We are a long way away in terms of proof and such, but if there is significant evidence....."

i do think it is also premature to celebrate the guy (ie. name schools after him) given that theres at least a chance right now he is responsible for killing two people.

He is beloved in the community as was stated in this thread, i just think the beloved level may go down depending the results of the wrongful death case etc

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 10-20-2016 at 11:01 AM.
Old 10-20-2016, 11:23 AM
Jason S!m@nds

Quote:
Basically if Roberto Clemente was operating the plane in 1973 and the crash killed 2 passengers and was as a result of pilot error, i dont think his legacy would even be one half of what it is today.
Sooooo.... Thurman Munson?
Old 10-20-2016, 12:17 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhs5120 View Post
Sooooo.... Thurman Munson?
munson did not kill anyone other than himself, now Oscar Taveres killied someone likely while being drunk but since the accident did not occur in the united states, there were no lawsuits here which would of impacted his legacy more. I just find it hard to honor anyone that is responsible for killing someone no matter their exploits on the playing field.

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 10-20-2016 at 12:24 PM.
Old 10-20-2016, 12:28 PM

I think you're losing sight of what's important. The things Fernandez did for children and people in his community don't get erased because of the circumstances of his death. Naming something after him for his charity work or work within his communities is not a vote of support for any type of behavior you're insinuating contributed to his death or the deaths of the people on the boat. We name our schools after much worse people.

Last edited by packs; 10-20-2016 at 12:31 PM.
Old 10-20-2016, 12:54 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
I think you're losing sight of what's important. The things Fernandez did for children and people in his community don't get erased because of the circumstances of his death. Naming something after him for his charity work or work within his communities is not a vote of support for any type of behavior you're insinuating contributed to his death or the deaths of the people on the boat. We name our schools after much worse people.
I havent seen any schools named after someone whos last act in life was killing someone and being completely at fault (correct me if i am wrong). You can kill someone a year earlier or some other time earlier, i guess but if its your last act you do in life, its a tough pill to swallow, especially for the family of the victims.

There could be a 20 million dollar judgment against Jose Fernandez that is pending as his heirs try to hide money from the plaintiffs going on while they are naming schools after him. Good grief.

Again its too early to tell fault but thats true about a lot of things.

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 10-20-2016 at 01:10 PM.
Old 10-20-2016, 01:07 PM
Jason S!m@nds

Quote:
I just find it hard to honor anyone that is responsible for killing someone no matter their exploits on the playing field.
Accidents happen. If you want to focus on the last 20 seconds of a man's life while others focus on the remaining 24 years, then that is your right.

The only thing separating Thurman Munson and Jose Fernandez is a little bit of dumb luck. Munson seriously injured two passengers and could very well have killed them - yet no one complains about the literal monument dedicated to him at Yankee Stadium. Most of us see the good in people, and virtually everyone can agree, Jose Fernandez was one of our best.
Old 10-20-2016, 01:10 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Accidents happen. If you want to focus on the last 20 seconds of a man's life while others focus on the remaining 24 years, then that is your right.

The only thing separating Thurman Munson and Jose Fernandez is a little bit of dumb luck. Munson seriously injured two passengers and could very well have killed them - yet no one complains about the literal monument dedicated to him at Yankee Stadium. Most of us see the good in people, and virtually everyone can agree, Jose Fernandez was one of our best.
Agree with this.
Old 10-20-2016, 01:44 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:

luck impacts a legacy no doubt if those passengers with Munson did DIE, that would of impacted his legacy. 5 seconds in a persons life can change it forever even if that person lived a great life for 80 years. What you did in those last 20 seconds of your life usually doesnt impact the view of the persons whole life unless something huge happened like killing 2 people.

accidents do happen but they are preventable as well. You have to be responsible for your actions. Some drunk (not saying this is the case) can also cause an accident but you would not tolerate that person saying 'accidents happen' Saying 'accidents happen' does not relieve you of responsibility. What if you killed 20 kids and it was entirely at fault. So if killing 2 adults in the last seconds in your life isnt enough to prevent your name on a school how about 10 people? how about 30 people? To me every life is valuable, if its not good to kill 30 people then its not good to kill 1.

History tends to judge people on what they did at the worse which is probably less than .0001% of what they did the rest of their life thats how it goes.

We all have the lowest moments in our lives, the key during that time is not to be killed or kill someone. What is sad is killing someone is the only thing that is unforgivable because you cant ask for forgiveness from someone you killed.

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 10-20-2016 at 01:50 PM.
Old 10-20-2016, 01:54 PM
Jason S!m@nds

Quote:
History tends to judge people on what they did at the worse which is probably less than .0001% of what they did the rest of their life thats how it goes.
History is forgiving of accidents. They do not represent a person at their worst, they represent a person as a human being. It is especially callous to judge a person by the mistake that cost him his life.
Old 10-20-2016, 02:26 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
History is forgiving of accidents. They do not represent a person at their worst, they represent a person as a human being. It is especially callous to judge a person by the mistake that cost him his life.
Well here we go with luck again. If the person didnt die that caused the accident, but 2 people died, then it would not be especially callous for history to judge that person. The fact of whether that person lived or died should not factor into that equation if there are 2 other victims that died because of that person's actions. I still have not heard of an example of someone in history that been forgiven for killing an innocent person as their final act to a point where they would name a school after them.

I know donte stallworth paid a large sum of money for killing someone in miami and he has made it a point in his life to be a good person and expand his knowledge etc. However he has said on the radio that he paid the family even though he could of won in court or something to that effect so maybe he was not civilly at fault and it wasnt his last act in his life.

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 10-20-2016 at 02:29 PM.
Old 10-20-2016, 03:23 PM
Jason S!m@nds

Laura Bush killed a 17 year old boy and has several schools, libraries and scholarships named after her.

Howard Hughes killed a woman and was given the Congressional Gold Medal three years later he also has a school named after him.

Ted Kennedy also killed someone. He has an honorary Knighthood, the Presidential Medal of Freedom and a cancer research institute named after him.

Matthew Broderick killed two people and still gets movies.

There are also countless local teachers, students and athletes who die in car crashes every year who are honored posthumously with scholarships named after them. It is something very few people (except perhaps you) take issue with.
Old 10-20-2016, 03:33 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Agree. Let's judge someone for the full measure of their life and not by the worst 60 seconds of it. There is a difference between negligent and evil (e.g., OJ Simpson, Mel Hall, the football player who went around the country date raping women, etc.) I am sure all of us have done very very stupid things in our lives. Like driving home after a few too many drinks. There by the grace of God go I (or something like that. Need to ask my mother on the exact wording.)
Old 10-20-2016, 03:42 PM

Nathan Bedford Forrest and William Saunders were both leaders of the Klan and had public institutions named after them. Carolina Hall at UNC was Saunders Hall until only last year. Forrest still has schools named after him, along with parks, roads, playgrounds, etc.

Last edited by packs; 10-20-2016 at 03:50 PM.
Old 10-20-2016, 03:45 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Agree. Let's judge someone for the full measure of their life and not by the worst 60 seconds of it. There is a difference between negligent and evil (e.g., OJ Simpson, Mel Hall, the football player who went around the country date raping women, etc.) I am sure all of us have done very very stupid things in our lives. Like driving home after a few too many drinks. There by the grace of God go I (or something like that. Need to ask my mother on the exact wording.)
There but for the grace of God...

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 10-20-2016, 05:19 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Laura Bush killed a 17 year old boy and has several schools, libraries and scholarships named after her.

Howard Hughes killed a woman and was given the Congressional Gold Medal three years later he also has a school named after him.

Ted Kennedy also killed someone. He has an honorary Knighthood, the Presidential Medal of Freedom and a cancer research institute named after him.

Matthew Broderick killed two people and still gets movies.

There are also countless local teachers, students and athletes who die in car crashes every year who are honored posthumously with scholarships named after them. It is something very few people (except perhaps you) take issue with.

Laura Bush was barely 17 and a minor and zero drinking involved and of course wasnt the last act she had on the earth. If it was a 17 year old baseball player involved in a similar accident there would also be more understanding

Ted Kennedy issue was a major scandal but he is a political elite which meant even more in the 1960s then today. Again he didnt die in that accident. If he did he would not have had all those extra years of public service. His legacy would of been far different if he didnt have a chance to tell the world what he said happened in the accident etc.

You got me on Broderick though, you make a good point with him, though he didnt die in the accident.. However its one thing to be in movies and another to be have public schools named after you. Afterall he is an actor, and i along with everyone else would not care of jose fernandez survived the accident and continued to play baseball which is is livelihood. Lots of players have been involved in killings with much more intent than a car accident and continued to play.

Its one thing to play ball and another to be considered national hero.

All of those teachers/students/athetes who die in car accidents and have scholarships named after them more likely than not did not kill anyone else let alone 2 people.

I know i was very saddened to hear about the loss of Jose Fernandez. Its an immense loss all around.

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 10-20-2016 at 05:26 PM.
Old 10-20-2016, 06:11 PM
Chris

Quote:
I know i was very saddened to hear about the loss of Jose Fernandez. Its an immense loss all around.
Then stop talking about this other BS.
Old 10-20-2016, 06:24 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
Nathan Bedford Forrest and William Saunders were both leaders of the Klan and had public institutions named after them. Carolina Hall at UNC was Saunders Hall until only last year. Forrest still has schools named after him, along with parks, roads, playgrounds, etc.
And don't forget about the eponymous, freaky character Tom Hanks won an Oscar for playing.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 10-20-2016, 06:47 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
And don't forget about the eponymous, freaky character Tom Hanks won an Oscar for playing.
Tom Hanks played a character named Tom Hanks???
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 10-20-2016, 07:10 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Tom Hanks played the eponymous protagonist of the movie 'Forrest Gump.' Does that clear it up for you???????

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 10-20-2016, 07:30 PM
Scott Russell

Not to get into a semantics argument but if Tom Hanks played an eponymous protagonist he played a protagonist named Tom Hanks.

If a school was named after Nathan Bedford Forrest it is an eponymous school. The name has to be the same.

You could say that Nathan Bedford Forrest had an eponymous character in a Tom Hanks movie, and if you weren't being too picky about only having one name in common I'd sorta buy that, but by that logic Forrest Gregg was closer to having an eponymous character in the movie, and Gump played football!
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

Old 10-21-2016, 10:24 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestdj777 View Post
Then stop talking about this other BS.
I dont think it is BS at all. Some will agree and some will differ. Im sure the family of the victims would be upset with you calling my comments BS.

I do think the end game for miami is to basically blame at least comparatively the jetty/pier and to put money into making the jetty more visible to save future lives and honor jose that way. I dont think anyone would object to that plus it puts less fault on whoever was driving the boat.

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 10-21-2016 at 02:23 PM.
Old 10-21-2016, 03:12 PM
Chris

Quote:
I dont think it is BS at all. Some will agree and some will differ. Im sure the family of the victims would be upset with you calling my comments BS.

I do think the end game for miami is to basically blame at least comparatively the jetty/pier and to put money into making the jetty more visible to save future lives and honor jose that way. I dont think anyone would object to that plus it puts less fault on whoever was driving the boat.
I don't think the families would care one bit about any comments you or I made about the situation.
Old 10-21-2016, 06:56 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestdj777 View Post
I don't think the families would care one bit about any comments you or I made about the situation.
I think they would care one way or the other right now. To say someone who lost a family member wouldnt care is a pretty blanket statement in a vacuum. A lawyer was hired for a reason as well, the issues around this accident are still ongoing.

I would assume they would care and have a say about what honors jose fernandez would get and would care about people comments in support of his honors or against those honors. As facts come out from the accident it may impact how they care.

I know i review what i post here with the eyes of what families of the victims may see here whether they see the comments or not.

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 10-21-2016 at 06:56 PM.
Old 10-21-2016, 08:11 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
Not to get into a semantics argument but if Tom Hanks played an eponymous protagonist he played a protagonist named Tom Hanks.

If a school was named after Nathan Bedford Forrest it is an eponymous school. The name has to be the same.

You could say that Nathan Bedford Forrest had an eponymous character in a Tom Hanks movie, and if you weren't being too picky about only having one name in common I'd sorta buy that, but by that logic Forrest Gregg was closer to having an eponymous character in the movie, and Gump played football!
You sure about that?
http://www.listal.com/list/eponymous-movie-titles

Old 10-21-2016, 08:52 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Anything named after someone is not eponymous. I would say that site is using it wrong. Especially considering that those titles are largely fictional characters not named after anyone.

adjective
giving one's name to a tribe, place, etc.:
Romulus, the eponymous founder of Rome.

Old 10-21-2016, 09:07 PM
Peter Spaeth

If it's good enough for Sporcle it's good enough for me.

http://www.sporcle.com/games/livfred/eponymous_movies

Old 10-22-2016, 01:37 AM
Dave Foster

Yawn. Think most of youse guys need to hit your local watering hole and get laid for a Friday nite. Else, you wouldn't be posting this nonsense.
Old 10-27-2016, 11:11 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pclpads View Post
Yawn. Think most of youse guys need to hit your local watering hole and get laid for a Friday nite. Else, you wouldn't be posting this nonsense.
Jose Fernandez and passengers all with alcohol on their breath

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...odor/92784342/

"“This recklessness was exacerbated by the consumption of alcohol by the operator, whoever that was."

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 10-27-2016 at 11:12 AM.
Old 10-27-2016, 11:41 AM
Phillip Abbott
Banned

I have a 2 points about this:

1. Dead people don't breathe
2. They had water in their lungs. I would expect those observations to be tainted.

Last edited by PhillipAbbott79; 10-27-2016 at 11:43 AM.
Old 10-29-2016, 12:32 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Fernandez under influence of cocaine and alcohol at time of crash. Terrible.

Driving a speed boat in the dark of night at high speed under the influence of coke. Really bad idea on many levels.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 10-29-2016 at 12:36 PM.
Old 10-29-2016, 12:48 PM
Bill Lucier

I guess we're all blessed the Gods put rocks there instead of a family. Happens all to often in traffic accidents. Although I'm sure he never did any car driving under those intoxications.
Old 10-29-2016, 12:50 PM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Wow...I wanted to keep his cards I have but now I am having second thoughts
Old 10-29-2016, 12:55 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Was a great player but like a lot of people in their 20s think they are invincible.

I tell my kids all the time about the hockey goaltender from NJ who was killed years ago speeding. His reflexes were superhuman quick and had perception skills than none of us mere mortals will come anywhere near. If he can lose control of a car on a turn speeding all of us can. Speed kills.
Old 10-29-2016, 01:47 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Fernandez under influence of cocaine and alcohol at time of crash. Terrible.

Driving a speed boat in the dark of night at high speed under the influence of coke. Really bad idea on many levels.
Yeah it gets worse and worse plus not just under the influence a .14 which pretty dang high plus cocaine.. (yes we cant prove who was driving yet but it was his boat)

We really going to name public schools after him? Plus he knew he had a baby on the way..

Like someone said, luckily it was just rocks and not people they ran into. I still disagree that a man's last actions if it results in a the death of innocent people can't taint many years of good work. If they release these toxicology reports when they were first available instead having to be sued to release them the narrative about Jose Fernandez would of been a lot different in terms of the celebration part

One of the passengers didnt have cocaine in their system as well so it wasnt a group thing.

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 10-29-2016 at 02:34 PM.
Old 10-29-2016, 02:30 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

delete

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente

Last edited by clydepepper; 03-18-2017 at 09:17 PM.
Old 10-29-2016, 03:08 PM

If three men who were sober and clean decided it was a brilliant idea to take a speedboat out on the ocean at one in the morning with the knowledge that there were unseeable deadly hazards in the dark around them, I would be bewildered. It makes sense now.
Old 10-29-2016, 03:36 PM
Tom

Did I miss something, but why wasn't the Tim Crews boat accident mentioned?
Old 10-30-2016, 05:29 PM
Mike

Makes you wonder how many of these players are using cocaine etc.
Old 10-30-2016, 06:24 PM
keith janosky

Don't these guys get drug tested on a regular basis? If he used cocaine i would think it would be in his system for a while say if he didn't die or crash and went back the next day or so to play.

Last edited by keithsky; 10-30-2016 at 06:25 PM.
Old 10-30-2016, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithsky View Post
Don't these guys get drug tested on a regular basis? If he used cocaine i would think it would be in his system for a while say if he didn't die or crash and went back the next day or so to play.
They test for drugs of abuse if they believe there is reasonable cause to suspect a player of abusing drugs. That doesn't mean if a player fails, that anything happens. They could recommend a treatment program for them. They won't get suspended though.

Drugs of abuse suspensions only apply to minor league players not on the 40-man roster. There have been rumors of a couple instances of teams adding players to the 40-man roster to protect them from lifetime suspensions under the minor league drug prevention program.
Check out my two newest books. One covers the life and baseball career of Dots Miller, who was mentored by Honus Wagner as a rookie for the 1909 Pirates, then became a mentor for a young Rogers Hornsby. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CV633PNT The other has 13 short stories of players who were with the Pittsburgh Pirates during the regular season, but never played in a game for the team https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CY574YNS
Old 10-31-2016, 07:35 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

With everything these guys have to lose you'd think they put the hard drugs far far away. Drink and drink, use a driver the team would be thrilled to provide.

I know it's not a great thought, but now I look at all the videos of Fernandez going manic in the dugout differently. Was he going back to the bathroom and having a few toots on days he wasn't starting? I have no idea. But certainly makes you wonder.

RIP. None of this makes him a terrible person. Just someone who made some terrible choices.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 10-31-2016 at 07:36 AM.
Old 10-31-2016, 07:41 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
With everything these guys have to lose you'd think they put the hard drugs far far away. Drink and drink, use a driver the team would be thrilled to provide.

I know it's not a great thought, but now I look at all the videos of Fernandez going manic in the dugout differently. Was he going back to the bathroom and having a few toots on days he wasn't starting? I have no idea. But certainly makes you wonder.

RIP. None of this makes him a terrible person. Just someone who made some terrible choices.
Not saying it applies to Jose, but it can be argued that terrible people make terrible choices.
Old 10-31-2016, 07:50 AM
Gobucsmagic74

Quote:
Not saying it applies to Jose, but it can be argued that terrible people make terrible choices.
Making a terrible choice or choices is not exclusive to terrible people, at least in my opinion and based off of my experiences. This is especially true when it comes to addiction. Of course ultimately that final judgment is not ours to make anyways
Old 10-31-2016, 08:21 AM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

delete

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente

Last edited by clydepepper; 03-18-2017 at 09:17 PM.
Old 10-31-2016, 08:25 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobucsmagic74 View Post
Making a terrible choice or choices is not exclusive to terrible people, at least in my opinion and based off of my experiences. This is especially true when it comes to addiction. Of course ultimately that final judgment is not ours to make anyways
I didnt say that, i just said it can be argued that terrible people make terrible choices.