NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 02-24-2016, 07:31 PM
mi.ke-w0.ng

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samets View Post
Pot calling kettle black!

You're the guy that had 10 different accounts on GUU and used to comment on your own posts with different accounts! How many of your accounts were banned and how many do you still have left?

Your BFF WindyCityGameUsed was banned as well except with him, EVERY single post he ever made were deleted!
Well well well if it isn't my old friend Spammy. Sam if you haven't noticed this thread was interesting with on point topic that was based on fact finding empirical evidence that was argued by mature adults from both sides of the aisle. Initially even the AH got into the fray in a respectable sporting manner. As always you like to interrupt and disturb decent threads with your drama. You have been accusing me and many others of assuming identities that posted stuff that did not sit will in your crawl . I was a member of GUU up until a few months ago and was banned for reneging on questionable items and NOT for your pitter pattering accusations. And if I may add, HOW many respectable members have been banned for just trying to post stuff the mods deem questionable in a "open forum"? Why don't you read some of the post from the "List" thread and see how many times that topic appears. If you would like I will forward you C.Cavailars email to me of banishment. And Ron is correct on his assessment of you giving mega props to the powers that be on GUU and slamming them on GUC. I think your agenda here is to bait and troll until you get me to cross the line of rules, true MR.Black? So may I suggest to you, that unless you can add something with substance to the thread, go start your own Bears thread or a thread about assumed identities. This thread was very interesting until it was interrupted by your drama. I would think you would get enough of that at home from the Big One. My friend this isn't no General Hospital. Lets get BACK on topic of this thread! I'm done looking at anything else Mr.Black post that doesn't pertain to this thread I'm sure many more rebuts coming as Mr.Black loves the last word. Again if Sam doesn't have anything pertinent to say and wish to join in on the lively discussion that is "on" topic then get outta my GD thread I started. And Sam if your looking for beef to my retort and asking yourself "Where's the BEEF?" none here ask your wife where the nearest Wendy's is. I will end this with:
Love Peace and EVERYBODY DANCE!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kazachok_4222.jpg (11.0 KB, 269 views)

Last edited by mickeymao34; 02-25-2016 at 02:18 AM.
Old 02-24-2016, 07:33 PM

:/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg deer-eats-popcorn_64_paused.jpg (16.7 KB, 268 views)
Old 02-24-2016, 08:18 PM
mi.ke-w0.ng

Default wilt pics

I found these in old photo files you guys can be the judge. I have many many more to follow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1476208.jpg (78.0 KB, 266 views)
File Type: jpg 1478996.jpg (78.4 KB, 263 views)
File Type: jpg 1480488.jpg (78.5 KB, 268 views)
File Type: jpg 81343423.jpg (73.6 KB, 263 views)
File Type: jpg 81345753.jpg (61.2 KB, 262 views)
File Type: jpg 81345770.jpg (71.2 KB, 266 views)
File Type: jpg 81363588.jpg (73.8 KB, 263 views)
Old 02-24-2016, 08:20 PM
mi.ke-w0.ng

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindyCityGameUsed View Post
If you want to be smug and talk smack about me You best get your facts straight (Once Again) comrade smegma

If its any of your business I HAD doug aka pet monkey #2 delete all my pictures and posts after being banned for calling out Kenny G's plant/fake user account Phil316 in my last post. Like you don't know that Kenny likes 2 use Phil316 to play with the hobbyist & take swipes at competing AH's particularly Grey Flannel? I would also luv 2C Phil/(KG) say those things to Russek's face and watch what happens next.

If you stood for anything besides being a hoarder & cheap maybe you would post some of those derogatory comments you've made about Kenny G's business practices on the Clown College site instead of posting and hiding those thoughts on that low brow GUC site (Like Kenny isn't monitoring the internet!!! LOL)

Stick to the topic of this thread bro from what I've seen of that so called collection you have at least 3 very questionable items sourced from the very same people.

Bottom line your collection makes as much sense as you do so stick to what you really know which is bottom feeding the next LBT "price is right" pick-up on ebay
The powers that be follow the 3 D's:
Deception, Deflect, Discredit
Old 02-24-2016, 08:34 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
No one is talking smack.

Facts were posted. You two were banned. Your posts were deleted.

Your reply is the perfect example of why both of you and the multiple accounts were banned.

I hope the moderators see your response and follow GUU Moderators and ban you from this great forum as well.
Sorry, we don't moderate like GUU. You put your name next to your post and you stand by it.
Old 02-24-2016, 08:49 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Sorry, we don't moderate like GUU. You put your name next to your post and you stand by it.
I concur....his name is Ru.sty Smo.lov

Last edited by Leon; 02-25-2016 at 06:06 AM. Reason: added name
Old 02-25-2016, 04:37 PM
mi.ke-w0.ng

more pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 81801639.jpg (62.0 KB, 231 views)
File Type: jpg 81802121.jpg (63.5 KB, 235 views)
File Type: jpg 86810835.jpg (31.8 KB, 233 views)
File Type: jpg 81363702.jpg (73.0 KB, 236 views)
File Type: jpg 81444026.jpg (49.2 KB, 235 views)
Old 02-25-2016, 11:21 PM
mi.ke-w0.ng

Quote:
If you want to be smug and talk smack about me You best get your facts straight (Once Again) comrade smegma

If its any of your business I HAD doug aka pet monkey #2 delete all my pictures and posts after being banned for calling out Kenny G's plant/fake user account Phil316 in my last post. Like you don't know that Kenny likes 2 use Phil316 to play with the hobbyist & take swipes at competing AH's particularly Grey Flannel? I would also luv 2C Phil/(KG) say those things to Russek's face and watch what happens next.

If you stood for anything besides being a hoarder & cheap maybe you would post some of those derogatory comments you've made about Kenny G's business practices on the Clown College site instead of posting and hiding those thoughts on that low brow GUC site (Like Kenny isn't monitoring the internet!!! LOL)

Stick to the topic of this thread bro from what I've seen of that so called collection you have at least 3 very questionable items sourced from the very same people.

Bottom line your collection makes as much sense as you do so stick to what you really know which is bottom feeding the next LBT "price is right" pick-up on ebay
Totally interesting read on criticism (perhaps an expression of competitive spirit?) aimed at Grey Flannel Auctions. I can only speak from my experiences, but they do have the most vintage, legit NBA jerseys as far as AHs are concerned. My collection is comprised of a lot of vintage great pieces acquired from GFC. Many Laker jerseys from the Showtime era, many that are photomatched and photomatched to NBA Finals. So IMO "that person's" opinion,that you are referring to, in my book is absolutely wrong in regards to GFC. I have had nothing but positive experiences with them.

Last edited by mickeymao34; 02-27-2016 at 01:14 AM.
Old 02-27-2016, 12:41 AM
David Hernandez
Banned

Quote:
Pot calling kettle black!

You're the guy that had 10 different accounts on GUU and used to comment on your own posts with different accounts! How many of your accounts were banned and how many do you still have left?

Your BFF WindyCityGameUsed was banned as well except with him, EVERY single post he ever made were deleted!
While i do not agree with the originator of this thread stance on Mears I would say this is one of the most bizarre post I ever seen come way out of left field. The thread itself has been point by point informative whether i agree with it or not. In other words Mike's opinions are made with effort to back it up with photo evidence and i credit those who have posted stayed within the confines of the argument at hand. Myself I am not a game used collector but i must say I have been intrigued with the thread and its back and forth argument. That being said my take on this post screams of some type of motive to discredit. Very weird nutball post with the 2nd of his post getting weirder asking for help and banning from the moderators. Odd indeed. Anyhow I guess it caught my interest so i am guilty as other for watching garbage TV.
Old 02-27-2016, 08:18 AM
mi.ke-w0.ng

file photos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg $(KGrHqV,!k0FD36,rKHqBSWEQ,BlMw~~60_57.jpg (76.7 KB, 179 views)
File Type: jpg 1737544_10.jpg (52.9 KB, 177 views)
File Type: jpg 2038613_10.jpg (73.9 KB, 180 views)
File Type: jpg 134443784_10.jpg (42.4 KB, 181 views)
File Type: jpg 140026955_10.jpg (45.4 KB, 181 views)
Old 02-27-2016, 08:38 AM
mi.ke-w0.ng

pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1737696_10.jpg (68.4 KB, 240 views)
File Type: jpg 1737544_10.jpg (52.9 KB, 236 views)
File Type: jpg 51076026_10.jpg (66.2 KB, 240 views)
File Type: jpg 51872975_10.jpg (57.2 KB, 242 views)
File Type: jpg 81343464_10.jpg (60.4 KB, 240 views)
File Type: jpg 140026955_10.jpg (45.4 KB, 239 views)
Old 02-27-2016, 08:52 AM
Jeff

I love this hobby, intrigue in every corner.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 02-27-2016, 03:47 PM
"The Real" Ron Kosiewicz

Mick

I would have to say that based on your posted Lakers pictures along with Troy's total silence and apparent inability to back-up his point with any photographic evidence that your opinion on the Magic now appears to be an undisputed proven FACT.

It amazes me that a handful of people working in the biz continue to portray that they are experts in all sports teams jerseys. The reality of this is........thats impossible!! It's hard enough for me just to try and keep straight with Bears and White Sox jerseys!!!

From my experience you not only need exemplifier pictures but you need to have handled many of the jerseys in question along with having some on hand to refer to when the time comes.

I guess it would also help that if your comparing a jersey to a exemplifier that the exemplifier is truly GU prior to a determination that an item is good??

I guess the illusion is real since the jersey in question supposedly sold for 18K but since that house legally can play the shill/hidden reserve game who knows.
Old 02-27-2016, 09:45 PM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

Wow nice work, Mike. So much for the experts. And I thought altered cards in graded holders was a huge problem...For once the grass is not greener on the other side!
Old 02-27-2016, 11:02 PM
"The Real" Ron Kosiewicz

Mick

I found 3 authenticators who disagree with your assessment that the Magic has a notch
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Three Blind Mice(web).jpg (60.3 KB, 197 views)
Old 02-27-2016, 11:40 PM
"The Real" Ron Kosiewicz

Quote:
No one is talking smack.

Facts were posted. You two were banned. Your posts were deleted.

Your reply is the perfect example of why both of you and the multiple accounts were banned.

I hope the moderators see your response and follow GUU Moderators and ban you from this great forum as well.
Not 2 beat a dead horse but since you want 2 continue 2 sling mud..............

Being a member of "Clown College" isn't a badge of courage, FACT is GUU now has more banned members/members who refuse 2 post than contributing members and over the past 3-years has become a sad parody of a once strong collectors refuge.

The ONLY posts deleted was what was cleaned-up which included MANY of your own personal attacks AND at MY direction all my posts and most importantly the pictures of my Bears collection which has no biz being apart of sum illusion of being a collectors site and not a blatant AH advertisement.

Do the community a service and the next time you post on GUU ask Phil316/Kenny G about the coincidence that they both joined GUU around 2013 and how that user name/plant has nearly 1,400 posts about knowing everything about everything but in all that time never once was an item posted from his collection as thats not even plausible from a collectors stand point.
Old 02-29-2016, 06:34 AM
Rusty Sm0l0v

Quote:
Not 2 beat a dead horse but since you want 2 continue 2 sling mud..............

Being a member of "Clown College" isn't a badge of courage, FACT is GUU now has more banned members/members who refuse 2 post than contributing members and over the past 3-years has become a sad parody of a once strong collectors refuge.

The ONLY posts deleted was what was cleaned-up which included MANY of your own personal attacks AND at MY direction all my posts and most importantly the pictures of my Bears collection which has no biz being apart of sum illusion of being a collectors site and not a blatant AH advertisement.

Do the community a service and the next time you post on GUU ask Phil316/Kenny G about the coincidence that they both joined GUU around 2013 and how that user name/plant has nearly 1,400 posts about knowing everything about everything but in all that time never once was an item posted from his collection as thats not even plausible from a collectors stand point.
I was going to be a bigger man and let it go since I had nothing else to add but then you go ahead and re-hash it... Fine!

I stated facts without any personal attacks. Neither of you refuted these facts.

BUT then it's me slinging mud? If the only way you can get the upper hand on a forum is to name call and attack members collections, you're a sad individual.

I would love to give you a lesson on the use of English language but we went through this exercise before and sadly spell checkers can't help stupid.

With you it's always someone else's fault! Jarrod Oldridge bid against me... Ken Goldin made me sad...

Please do a collecting community a favor and go away! You have never had anything productive to add. Even here you are nothing but a sad sounding board to someone that sounds like he did his homework.

Always looking for Chicago Bears jerseys!
Particularly jerseys with patches...
Old 02-29-2016, 07:00 PM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

Quote:
I was going to be a bigger man and let it go since I had nothing else to add but then you go ahead and re-hash it... Fine!

I stated facts without any personal attacks. Neither of you refuted these facts.

BUT then it's me slinging mud? If the only way you can get the upper hand on a forum is to name call and attack members collections, you're a sad individual.

I would love to give you a lesson on the use of English language but we went through this exercise before and sadly spell checkers can't help stupid.

With you it's always someone else's fault! Jarrod Oldridge bid against me... Ken Goldin made me sad...

Please do a collecting community a favor and go away! You have never had anything productive to add. Even here you are nothing but a sad sounding board to someone that sounds like he did his homework.
Did you come over to 54 just to pick a fight with Mike and Ron? All this is doing is taking the thread OT by replaying what happened at GUU. Maybe you can email them directly????
Old 02-29-2016, 07:46 PM
David Hernandez
Banned

Greg, you beat me too the punch. This back and forth bickering is apparently an attempt to hijack a thread. Windy at least contributed to the topic of the thread. This other nutcase came in with guns a blazing. Seriously, contribute to the thread or GTFO. Someone PM me when this thread gets back on track because I get enough of this at home with my kids. Rusty I can hook you up with a play date with my son if you promise to go elsewhere. Joking aside, let's not ruin a good thread.
Old 02-29-2016, 08:40 PM
"The Real" Ron Kosiewicz

I’m not going to apologize to anyone for having the expectation that ethics should be the standard not the exception in this hobby that I have been apart of for the past 40-years.

I don’t misrepresent the truth or post versions of the truth and call them facts while picking fights with the intent of hiding behind mods nor understood why others do.

For me it was a matter of principle in regards to the JO consignment with Heritage where shill bidding is legal since its a Texas business. This practice is also called out in their bidding rules/practices and I’ve bid in enough auctions in the past 10-yearst to know whats real and whats not. Despite all that this lot was purchased at 1/2 price and featured never B4 seen fantastic pieces which I’m happy to say never ended up in your closet.

I can’t say that the Reverend Kenny makes me sad either as I have never nor will I ever buy or consign anything with him or other offenders on principle alone.

I also haven't misrepresented items that I sell from time to time or for that matter prey on the unsuspecting while flipping a purchased 1K known pro cut Urlacher jersey as game used on eBay while hiding behind a bogus/misrepresented Ed Block Courage Award LOA but maybe you consider that a service to the community Rostyslav?

Hoarding isn’t collecting in my book not even close bro and collecting GU isn’t just about some lame 5-minute sugar buzz cause the mail man stopped by with another in an endless stream of packages that get looked at for 5-miniutes then thrown into a closet with 50 others just like it. The collectors I know and associate add a missing piece to their GU collection once or twice a year if they are lucky and don’t feel the incessant need or urge to buy trying to fill some black hole that will never be filled with common modern day droppings.

Some of the most damning and confirming information in years about the underbelly of this hobby has come to light once again and I for one believe that the only way this ever gets better is for it to be talked about and responsibility taken by those parties directly involved. Anyone who wants to brush this under the carpet and turn the other check has suspect motives at best as these practices as well as the issues mentioned in this thread have affected everyone in the hobby negatively.

This was a spot on informative thread based in facts substantiated with photographic documentation prior to you sticking your attention seeking nose in with the sole intent to discount, and derail this thread with tiresome shenanigans.

If you can’t handle sticking to the topic of a thread then its time 2 find your way back Clown College.

Last edited by WindyCityGameUsed; 02-29-2016 at 08:47 PM.
Old 02-29-2016, 10:00 PM
mi.ke-w0.ng

[QUOTE=WindyCityGameUsed;1510107]
community Rostyslav?
QUOTE]

I know this is off topic too but what the heck is a community Rostyslav?
Now back on track:
IMO Magic is the greatest Laker of all time-Also the most replicated Laker in hobby world.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 474964495_10.jpg (77.4 KB, 187 views)
File Type: jpg 140026762_10.jpg (63.6 KB, 188 views)
File Type: jpg 134443784_10.jpg (42.4 KB, 189 views)
File Type: jpg 109052734_10.jpg (72.8 KB, 188 views)
File Type: jpg 98772580_10.jpg (76.8 KB, 189 views)

Last edited by mickeymao34; 02-29-2016 at 10:02 PM.
Old 02-29-2016, 10:34 PM
mi.ke-w0.ng

more examples
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 000000.jpg (80.2 KB, 186 views)
File Type: jpg aaaaaaaaa.jpg (68.7 KB, 187 views)
File Type: jpg 130262304_10.jpg (75.7 KB, 187 views)
File Type: jpg $_57gg.jpg (62.5 KB, 186 views)
File Type: jpg Nonamedfdf.jpg (64.9 KB, 186 views)
Old 02-29-2016, 11:17 PM
mi.ke-w0.ng

Quote:
Mick

I would have to say that based on your posted Lakers pictures along with Troy's total silence and apparent inability to back-up his point with any photographic evidence that your opinion on the Magic now appears to be an undisputed proven FACT.

It amazes me that a handful of people working in the biz continue to portray that they are experts in all sports teams jerseys. The reality of this is........thats impossible!! It's hard enough for me just to try and keep straight with Bears and White Sox jerseys!!!

From my experience you not only need exemplifier pictures but you need to have handled many of the jerseys in question along with having some on hand to refer to when the time comes.

I guess it would also help that if your comparing a jersey to a exemplifier that the exemplifier is truly GU prior to a determination that an item is good??

I guess the illusion is real since the jersey in question supposedly sold for 18K but since that house legally can play the shill/hidden reserve game who knows.
Ron, I've been doing this for 25 plus years. Win some lose some. But if you have lose enough times you have to chalk it up as education. With education you can be ready for most Pepsi challenges. I would also like to thank the late Broadway Rick Kohl from The Strike Zone (Boca Raton Fl) for selling me my first "supposed" game worn jersey (road Magic Johnson) -My first lesson of the shady side of the hobby. Like most sellers in the biz his motto is (was)"better to be the burner than the burned". May you rot in hobby Hell Rick.
Old 03-01-2016, 07:16 PM
David Hernandez
Banned

Quote:

Not to beat a dead horse, but don't you need the correct physiology to be the BIGGER man? sorry my tardo sense of humor got the best of me.
Old 03-01-2016, 07:25 PM
David Hernandez
Banned

Quote:

Ken Goldin made me sad...
And why did King Ken make you sad? Did you buy a 10 cent card for 75 dollars like many of us?
Old 03-01-2016, 11:10 PM
mi.ke-w0.ng

Default Greatest Laker of all time?

Rookie season in the NBA (1979–80)
Johnson was drafted first overall in 1979 by the Los Angeles Lakers. Johnson said that what was "most amazing" about joining the Lakers was the chance to play alongside Kareem Abdul-Jabbar,[35] the team's 7 ft 2 in (2.18 m) center who became the leading scorer in NBA history.[36] Despite Abdul-Jabbar's dominance, he had failed to win a championship with the Lakers, and Johnson was expected to help them achieve that goal.[37] Johnson averaged 18.0 points, 7.7 rebounds, and 7.3 assists per game for the season, was selected to the NBA All-Rookie Team, and was named an NBA All-Star Game starter.[38]

The Lakers compiled a 60–22 record in the regular season and reached the 1980 NBA Finals,[39] in which they faced the Philadelphia 76ers, who were led by forward Julius Erving. The Lakers took a 3–2 lead in the series, but Abdul-Jabbar, who averaged 33 points a game in the series,[40] sprained his ankle in Game 5 and could not play in Game 6.[37] Paul Westhead decided to start Johnson at center in Game 6; Johnson recorded 42 points, 15 rebounds, 7 assists, and 3 steals in a 123–107 win, while playing guard, forward, and center at different times during the game.[37] Johnson became the only rookie to win the NBA Finals MVP award,[37] and his clutch performance is still regarded as one of the finest in NBA history.[6][41][42] He also became one of four players to win NCAA and NBA championships in consecutive years.[43]

Ups and downs (1980–83)
Early in the 1980–81 season, Johnson was sidelined after he suffered torn cartilage in his left knee. He missed 45 games,[33] and said that his rehabilitation was the "most down" he had ever felt.[44] Johnson returned before the start of the 1981 playoffs, but the Lakers' then-assistant and future head coach Pat Riley later said Johnson's much-anticipated return made the Lakers a "divided team".[45] The 54-win Lakers faced the 40–42 Houston Rockets in the first round of playoffs,[46][47] where Houston upset the Lakers 2–1 after Johnson airballed a last-second shot in Game 3.[48]

In 1981, after the 1980–81 season, Johnson signed a 25-year, $25-million contract with the Lakers, which was the highest-paying contract in sports history up to that point.[49] Early in the 1981–82 season, Johnson had a heated dispute with Westhead, who Johnson said made the Lakers "slow" and "predictable".[50] After Johnson demanded to be traded, Lakers owner Jerry Buss fired Westhead and replaced him with Riley. Although Johnson denied responsibility for Westhead's firing,[51] he was booed across the league, even by Laker fans.[5] However, Buss was also unhappy with the Lakers offense and had intended on firing Westhead days before the Westhead–Johnson altercation, but assistant GM Jerry West and GM Bill Sharman had convinced Buss to delay his decision.[52] Despite his off-court troubles, Johnson averaged 18.6 points, 9.6 rebounds, 9.5 assists, and a league-high 2.7 steals per game, and was voted a member of the All-NBA Second Team.[33] He also joined Wilt Chamberlain and Oscar Robertson as the only NBA players to tally at least 700 points, 700 rebounds, and 700 assists in the same season.[23] The Lakers advanced through the 1982 playoffs and faced Philadelphia for the second time in three years in the 1982 NBA Finals. After a triple-double from Johnson in Game 6, the Lakers defeated the Sixers 4–2, as Johnson won his second NBA Finals MVP award.[53] During the championship series against the Sixers, Johnson averaged 16.2 points on .533 shooting, 10.8 rebounds, 8.0 assists, and 2.5 steals per game.[54] Johnson later said that his third season was when the Lakers first became a great team,[55] and he credited their success to Riley.[56]

During the 1982–83 NBA season, Johnson averaged 16.8 points, 10.5 assists, and 8.6 rebounds per game and earned his first All-NBA First Team nomination.[33] The Lakers again reached the Finals, and for a third time faced the Sixers, who featured center Moses Malone as well as Erving.[57] With Johnson's teammates Norm Nixon, James Worthy and Bob McAdoo all hobbled by injuries, the Lakers were swept by the Sixers, and Malone was crowned the Finals MVP.[57] In a losing effort against Philadelphia, Johnson averaged 19.0 points on .403 shooting, 12.5 assists, and 7.8 rebounds per game.[58]

Battles against the Celtics (1983–87)
Prior to Johnson's fifth season, West—who had become the Lakers general manager—traded Nixon to free Johnson from sharing the ball-handling responsibilities.[59] Johnson that season averaged a double-double of 17.6 points and 13.1 assists, as well as 7.3 rebounds per game.[33] The Lakers reached the Finals for the third year in a row, where Johnson's Lakers and Bird's Celtics met for the first time in the post-season.[60] The Lakers won the first game, and led by two points in Game 2 with 18 seconds to go, but after a layup by Gerald Henderson, Johnson failed to get a shot off before the final buzzer sounded, and the Lakers lost 124–121 in overtime.[60] In Game 3, Johnson responded with 21 assists in a 137–104 win, but in Game 4, he again made several crucial errors late in the contest. In the final minute of the game, Johnson had the ball stolen by Celtics center Robert Parish, and then missed two free throws that could have won the game. The Celtics won Game 4 in overtime, and the teams split the next two games. In the decisive Game 7 in Boston, as the Lakers trailed by three points in the final minute, opposing point guard Dennis Johnson stole the ball from Johnson, a play that effectively ended the series.[60] Friends Isiah Thomas and Mark Aguirre consoled him that night, talking until the morning in his Boston hotel room amidst fan celebrations on the street.[61][62] During the Finals, Johnson averaged 18.0 points on .560 shooting, 13.6 assists, and 7.7 rebounds per game.[63] Johnson later described the series as "the one championship we should have had but didn't get".[64]
In the 1984–85 regular season, Johnson averaged 18.3 points, 12.6 assists, and 6.2 rebounds per game and led the Lakers into the 1985 NBA Finals, where they faced the Celtics again. The series started poorly for the Lakers when they allowed an NBA Finals record 148 points to the Celtics in a 34-point loss in Game 1.[65] However, Abdul-Jabbar, who was now 38 years old, scored 30 points and grabbed 17 rebounds in Game 2, and his 36 points in a Game 5 win were instrumental in establishing a 3–2 lead for Los Angeles.[65] After the Lakers defeated the Celtics in six games, Abdul-Jabbar and Johnson, who averaged 18.3 points on .494 shooting, 14.0 assists, and 6.8 rebounds per game in the championship series,[66][67] said the Finals win was the highlight of their careers.[68]

Johnson again averaged a double-double in the 1985–86 NBA season, with 18.8 points, 12.6 assists, and 5.9 rebounds per game.[33] The Lakers advanced to the Western Conference Finals, but were unable to defeat the Houston Rockets, who advanced to the Finals in five games.[69] In the next season, Johnson averaged a career-high of 23.9 points, as well as 12.2 assists and 6.3 rebounds per game,[33] and earned his first regular season MVP award.[5][70] The Lakers met the Celtics for the third time in the NBA Finals, and in Game 4 Johnson hit a last-second hook shot over Celtics big men Parish and Kevin McHale to win the game 107–106.[71] The game-winning shot, which Johnson dubbed his "junior, junior, junior sky-hook",[71] helped Los Angeles defeat Boston in six games. Johnson was awarded his third Finals MVP title after averaging 26.2 points on .541 shooting, 13.0 assists, 8.0 rebounds, and 2.33 steals per game.[71][72]
Before the 1987–88 NBA season, Lakers coach Pat Riley publicly promised that they would defend the NBA title, even though no team had won consecutive titles since the Celtics did so in the 1969 NBA Finals.[73] Johnson had another productive season with averages of 19.6 points, 11.9 assists, and 6.2 rebounds per game.[33] In the 1988 playoffs, the Lakers survived two 4–3 series against the Utah Jazz and the Dallas Mavericks to reach the Finals and face Thomas and the Detroit Pistons,[74] known as the "Bad Boys" for their physical style of play.[75] Johnson and Thomas greeted each other with a kiss on the cheek before the opening tip of Game 1, which they called a display of brotherly love.[62][76][77] After the teams split the first six games, Lakers forward and Finals MVP James Worthy had his first career triple-double of 36 points, 16 rebounds, and 10 assists, and led his team to a 108–105 win.[78] Despite not being named MVP, Johnson had a strong championship series, averaging 21.1 points on .550 shooting, 13.0 assists, and 5.7 rebounds per game.[79] It was the fifth and final NBA championship of his career.

In the 1988–89 NBA season, Johnson's 22.5 points, 12.8 assists, and 7.9 rebounds per game[33] earned him his second MVP award,[80] and the Lakers reached the 1989 NBA Finals, in which they again faced the Pistons. However, after Johnson went down with a hamstring injury in Game 2, the Lakers were no match for the Pistons, who swept them 4–0.[81]

Playing without Abdul-Jabbar for the first time, Johnson won his third MVP award[82] after a strong 1989–90 NBA season in which he averaged 22.3 points, 11.5 assists, and 6.6 rebounds per game.[33] However, the Lakers bowed out to the Phoenix Suns in the Western Conference semifinals, which was the Lakers' earliest playoffs elimination in nine years.[83] Mike Dunleavy became the Lakers' head coach in 1990–91, when Johnson had grown to be the league's third-oldest point guard. He had become more powerful and stronger than in his earlier years, but was also slower and less nimble.[84] Under Dunleavy, the offense used more half-court sets, and the team had a renewed emphasis on defense.[85] Johnson performed well during the season, with averages of 19.4 points, 12.5 assists, and 7.0 rebounds per game, and the Lakers reached the 1991 NBA Finals. There they faced the Chicago Bulls, led by shooting guard Michael Jordan, a five-time scoring champion regarded as the finest player of his era.[86][87] Although the series was portrayed as a matchup between Johnson and Jordan,[88] Bulls forward Scottie Pippen defended effectively against Johnson. Despite two triple-doubles from Johnson during the series, finals MVP Jordan led his team to a 4–1 win.[5] In the last championship series of his career, Johnson averaged 18.6 points on .431 shooting, 12.4 assists, and 8.0 rebounds per game.[89]

Real game worn Magic Johnson jerseys are few and far between. I have seen tons of his jerseys in the hobby and just a handful of these i would deem possibly real. I have only seen 3 photomatched ones ever. Do they exist in the hobby? I'm sure they do but I highly doubt they will ever be made available via auction house type settings. For such a rare thing why would anyone consider buying one without a photomatch especially at what they sell for? Of the Champion years I would only consider 90-91 even then it would have to be a photomatch. That year is the most seen in AHs and in my opinion they don't cut it as far as comparisons to spacing of NOB, 32 and team logo-not even too low res pics. With that said I would imagine a Wilt shirt even more rarer. The lucky few own them and doubtful they reach AH catalogs. Am i a paid expert to render such a view? No so take it for what its worth your buck-but spend wise.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1985_Finals_Lipofsky.jpg (13.5 KB, 153 views)

Last edited by mickeymao34; 03-01-2016 at 11:25 PM.
Old 03-05-2016, 10:24 PM
Chris Ar.one

Default No Notches...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg MJ3.jpg (80.0 KB, 117 views)
Old 03-05-2016, 10:25 PM
Chris Ar.one

Default No Notches...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg KJ3.jpg (35.0 KB, 117 views)
Old 03-05-2016, 10:29 PM
Chris Ar.one

Default No Notches...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg MJ2.jpg (73.7 KB, 118 views)
Old 03-05-2016, 10:31 PM
Chris Ar.one

Default No Notches...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg WC2.jpg (28.4 KB, 118 views)
Old 03-05-2016, 10:32 PM
Chris Ar.one

Default No Notches...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg WC1.jpg (36.7 KB, 163 views)
Old 03-05-2016, 11:15 PM
mi.ke-w0.ng

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB12GOAT View Post
dude give it up, those all have notches. Your blurry "vague' photos are getting old. Tell your employer it ain't working and BTW..what is your name member? STATE your name.
"I ain't afraid of no notch..WHO you gonna call??? NOTCH BUSTERS!"

Last edited by mickeymao34; 03-05-2016 at 11:30 PM.
Old 03-05-2016, 11:27 PM
mi.ke-w0.ng

Quote:
Note the mesh hole lower than other at where notch is. And take the notch question out of the picture and you still have problem with spacing and WRONG font of 3. Please identify yourself, for now I will assume TB=Tommy Boy

The 3 D's are will in play:
Deception -Discredit-Deflect
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aaaaaaaaaa.jpg (49.3 KB, 163 views)
File Type: jpg 000021.jpg (10.0 KB, 161 views)
Old 03-05-2016, 11:34 PM
Chris Ar.one

You just don't want to believe these exist...they're clear as day!

Last edited by TB12GOAT; 03-05-2016 at 11:39 PM.
Old 03-05-2016, 11:43 PM
mi.ke-w0.ng

Quote:
You just don't want to believe these exist...they're clear as day!
LOL... because they don't exist anybody can see that. explain the spacing differences.compare my pics "clarity" to your myoptic pics Tommy Boy. Tommy Boy why are you afraid to post real name?

Last edited by mickeymao34; 03-05-2016 at 11:46 PM.
Old 03-05-2016, 11:58 PM
mi.ke-w0.ng

Quote:
Never say never when it comes to vintage stuff...a lot of these uniforms were numbered and lettererd locally...I've seen plenty of anomalies over the years.

Here is a picture of Magic with no notches in the number 3...
Tommy Boy, This attempt (post 35)at disproving what is fact is obvious you have agenda that goes beyond just that. I've proven many of your examples wrong. You display lack of knowledge of Laker game used jerseys, that is quite obvious. How many times have I taken your examples and come back with higher resolution pics and proven that you are playing games with blurred pics? Perhaps seeking a position in used car industry might be more suitable for one that tries to fit a square peg in a round hole. I doubt you really suffer from myopia, rather you are a plant that have been instructed to do so. Which is quite understandable to which the players in "this game" need the unknowing to be kept unknown. You have zero posts in other threads which would prove you actually harbor no interest in the game use collecting hobby.Your join date is aprox time this thread started. So be nice now Clarice you fly back to school now.. fly fly fly fly fly fly..
"If the glove don't fit you must acquit".

Last edited by mickeymao34; 03-06-2016 at 12:15 AM.
Old 03-06-2016, 12:07 AM
Chris Ar.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeymao34 View Post
Tommy Boy, This attempt (post 35)at disproving what is fact is obvious you have agenda that goes beyond just that. I've proven many of your examples wrong. You display lack of knowledge of Laker game used jerseys, that is quite obvious. How many times have I taken your examples and come back with higher resolution pics and proven that you are playing games with blurred pics. Perhaps seeking a position in use car industry might be more suitable for one that tries to fit a square peg in a round hole. You have zero posts in other threads which would prove you actually harbor no interest in the game use collecting hobby. So be nice now Clarice.. fly fly away.
"If the glove don't fit you must acquit"
Yeah, I'm playing with blurred pics...some of them are almost 50 years old!!

You should change your name to Ted Wells...you haven't proven anything.

And insulting me AFTER every post just shows you're lack of class...
Old 03-06-2016, 12:22 AM
mi.ke-w0.ng

Default Magic pic with NO notch

Just posted from TB12GOAT:
Another pic of Magic with no notch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg (25.5 KB, 160 views)
Old 03-06-2016, 10:20 AM
"The Real" Ron Kosiewicz

When Creeps wan't to Deceive/Deflect away from the TRUTH this is the type of Douchebaggery U encounter.

IMO has the feel of one of the Reverends 3-Stooges crank calls back in the day into Don West's show on HSN.

The light of day truth's especially when your an apparent scumbag running on the instinct is a powerful thing thats why so many trolls are scared of it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ecd3791c04d6ce609bb012903d16d107.729x1000x1.jpg (77.6 KB, 144 views)
Old 03-06-2016, 10:42 AM

Default :)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg that-escalated-quickly-will-ferrell.jpg (41.7 KB, 144 views)
Old 03-06-2016, 06:11 PM
mi.ke-w0.ng

Sporting news cover
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (8.3 KB, 221 views)
Old 03-06-2016, 07:23 PM
mi.ke-w0.ng

better view of the Sporting News
Attached Images
File Type: jpg a1a1.jpg (71.5 KB, 221 views)
Old 03-06-2016, 07:32 PM
"The Real" Ron Kosiewicz

I wonder if Goat is just another prank call or just 1 of the 3-blind mice?

Either way you better bring a lot more than that if you going 2 go toe 2 toe with my man Mick's 20+ years of Laker experience broham
Attached Images
File Type: jpg images.jpg (11.2 KB, 216 views)
Old 03-06-2016, 07:43 PM
mi.ke-w0.ng

No Notch in 2. FOR SURE no Notch in 2! Lastly, Lakers suck Big time right now but the team is rich in history of championships w/o the cheating of asterisk championships that the cheating a$$ Pats do.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1234.jpg (65.3 KB, 213 views)
File Type: jpg 131313131.jpg (39.4 KB, 211 views)

Last edited by mickeymao34; 03-06-2016 at 07:54 PM.
Old 03-06-2016, 08:06 PM
mi.ke-w0.ng

Quote:
When Creeps wan't to Deceive/Deflect away from the TRUTH this is the type of Douchebaggery U encounter.

IMO has the feel of one of the Reverends 3-Stooges crank calls back in the day into Don West's show on HSN.

The light of day truth's especially when your an apparent scumbag running on the instinct is a powerful thing thats why so many trolls are scared of it
Ron, Man I seriously thought the crank call schtick ended with Big Brick cell phones
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GOA.jpg (50.9 KB, 213 views)
Old 03-06-2016, 08:59 PM
mi.ke-w0.ng

Default Cap

Quote:
No "notch" on Magic...Magic and Kareem with different color numbers
Cap wore the white numbers in early Laker days and yes its notched. The 2nd pic is an example of a 2 with no notch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12345678.jpg (69.5 KB, 212 views)
File Type: jpg 000005656.jpg (64.5 KB, 213 views)
Old 03-06-2016, 09:18 PM
mi.ke-w0.ng

Default Teddy Wells

Quote:
Yeah, I'm playing with blurred pics...some of them are almost 50 years old!!

You should change your name to Ted Wells...you haven't proven anything.

And insulting me AFTER every post just shows you're lack of class...
LOL... didn't know Who da frig Ted Wells was until i just googled it... Makes purrrrfect sense now. Go Broncs! hellava beat down on the poster boy of cheat and 2nd alternative team for bandwagoners da Steeler. Bravo to your comparison.
Old 03-07-2016, 01:59 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeymao34 View Post
No Notch in 2. FOR SURE no Notch in 2! Lastly, Lakers suck Big time right now but the team is rich in history of championships w/o the cheating of asterisk championships that the cheating a$$ Pats do.
I'm with you on the notches, but that last bit is just uncalled for.

Just curious, at what game do you consider it ok to start chanting "Draft Pick" hoping the team can accidentally find a superstar? Or do you root for one of the traditional one and done see you next decade teams?

Steve B
Old 03-07-2016, 05:24 PM
mi.ke-w0.ng

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
I'm with you on the notches, but that last bit is just uncalled for.

Just curious, at what game do you consider it ok to start chanting "Draft Pick" hoping the team can accidentally find a superstar? Or do you root for one of the traditional one and done see you next decade teams?

Steve B
Modern day NBA is a farce to be honest. It's all about the "stars" and watered down product of yesteryear. So in its current state I was chanting "draft pick" last season.
Old 03-16-2016, 10:59 AM
mi.ke-w0.ng

rare pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (61.3 KB, 118 views)