NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-01-2011, 04:04 PM
Pup6913

Default My first UPI

As many of you know I travel alot for my job and many of you that I have had transactions with tend to wait a few days till I get in an area that allows me access to internet. Yes I can use my IPhone but unfortunately the ebay format sucks and have even had issues with Paypal transactions not going through. So what happened recently really sucks.

I bought 2 T205 AB's on ebay(they are relisted BTW). I paid for them 4 days after auction ended after I got a notice that an UPI had been filed although the seller states he never filed one and it was "Just a reminder". So the payment was made for both cards separately since the format on my phone sucks. I emailed the seller and asked to just refund the difference and mail out. He refunded the money and then wanted me to pay for a combined invoice which I never got even though he said he sent one. He said it was against the rules to mail in the same package if paid separatly. Irregardless or not I paid for the cards and he refunded the money, filed a UPI, and then relisted the cards. It is easy to send an email from my phone but its hard as hell getting internet service in any areas I have been for the last few weeks since I started traveling again (actually I have been away from home since the begining of Oct 2010).

The seller happens to be a board member and even knows that I am traveling and has went on to let me know that I am a "time bandit", don't have the $49 ,LOL , and I just keep making excuses for not making payment. Now this is all after I have communicated my situation and he even knows that I am traveling and dont have access to internet. I am not sure what the issue is. Its not like I ignored him, just didn't pay, or even have a bad repoire on this board for flaking on payments or deals I commit to.

I tried to make an offer for the lot just after they were listed(yeah I know its against policy) for VCP average. He declined which was fine and I told him I would bid and see what I got. That wasn't an issue till I filed a complaint against him to Ebay. Man this whole situation just sucks

I'm sorry I just couldn't drop my lively hood and drive in 50+ miles to town for $49 I had already paid you once.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:39 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pup6913 View Post
I bought 2 T205 AB's on ebay(they are relisted BTW). I paid for them 4 days after auction ended after I got a notice that an UPI had been filed although the seller states he never filed one and it was "Just a reminder"
There is a seller option that automatically initiates a UPI after a few days of non-payment, but I thought it was 5 days and not 4. Again, it has nothing to do with the seller, it is automatically generated. I think a lot of sellers don't know about this setting and probably piss off a lot of buyers. It's an option that you have to turn off or opt out of if I remember correctly.

Quote:
He said it was against the rules to mail in the same package if paid separatly.
It's not against the rules, but he is not afforded the PayPal seller protection if he mails them separately. PayPal shows 2 separate transactions, there should be 2 separate packages. In circumstances like this, what is to keep an unscrupulous buyer from saying they paid for 2 separate items, but only got 1?

If he knew you were a board member, he should have had a little more patience and the "time bandit" and other comments were out of line. If it were me I would just move on and not do business with this board member again - either on the boards, through eBay, other. I recently had a bad experience with a board member. I just kept my mouth shut and ate the loss, but I know better than to do business with him again.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:08 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default let me/us know....

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
I recently had a bad experience with a board member. I just kept my mouth shut and ate the loss, but I know better than to do business with him again.
We (the other moderators and I) would like to know about these issues when possible. It's not mandatory, and we don't have any authority except on who uses the board, but it does help everyone. Bad apples can be weeded out. Caveat emptor all of the time.....(and ask me and/or others for references) and happy collecting
Old 06-01-2011, 05:11 PM
J@son M1ller

I'm curious as well as to your bad experience.

I stated before that I had a less than stellar experience with Glynparson who I've not seen on the board since. I posted on the board that we had a deal and that the wrong material showed up and that I contacted him a number of times with no response. Little money was changed hands and I don't feel burned by it but feel that others should know what my experience was and also so that we keep this board a place where people feel like they can do business. There needs to be accountability.

Last edited by Jaybird; 06-01-2011 at 05:12 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:19 PM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

Well Leon I am the bad apple. I am not going to respond to what Andy wrote because the email exchange speaks for itself. If anyone other than Leon and Andy care they can write to me. I invested more than enough time with this matter over $40 and have moved on. I suggest Andy do a little growing up and do the same.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:54 PM
Karl Mattson

Quote:
I paid for them 4 days after auction ended after I got a notice that an UPI had been filed although the seller states he never filed one and it was "Just a reminder".

The auction description said:

PLEASE READ IMPORTANT TERMS BELOW:

Payment is due within 4 days of the end of the auction. Non Paying Bidder Notices are automatically sent out by eBay on the 4th day unless you have contacted to tell me you need more time.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:34 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default my comment

My comment was only in response to something going awry on the BST. If something happens on ebay then that is not my/our concern. That being said of course I think everyone wants to know about fraudsters but other than that....I couldn't give a rats behind about other venues. I hope everything gets worked out...regards
Old 06-01-2011, 08:40 PM
Adam Goldenberg

Default Upi

With regards to the UPI, the seller can set the amount of days before it initiates. I have my own set at 8 days for situations like Andy's.

Regards,

Adam
Old 06-02-2011, 05:49 AM
Steve F
St.eve F@llet.ti

Ive had several of these on one of my accounts (interfering with scammers). They don't mean much and the account remains active.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:15 AM
Matt Wieder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladder7 View Post
Ive had several of these on one of my accounts (interfering with scammers). They don't mean much and the account remains active.
Given the seeming liberal nature of how these are handed out, that seems to be a good thing, but from the perspective of what a UPI is supposed to accomplish in weeding out and removing bad bidders (and shill bidders) that's pretty lousy.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:44 AM
Ni,ck Miku.licich Jr

Default Glynparson

He disappeared from ebay too - and has a bunch of recent negs to show for it. I'm wondering if something serious happened to him. Anyone know him personally?
Old 06-03-2011, 10:47 AM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardaholic View Post
He disappeared from ebay too - and has a bunch of recent negs to show for it. I'm wondering if something serious happened to him. Anyone know him personally?
Glyn is no longer registered on ebay. He is quite active on Facebook however. He has not returned my message since April. We were emailing regularly prior to that.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:07 PM
Dan Bretta

That is strange..I see Glyn posting on my facebook all the time too.