NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-04-2018, 04:43 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

It takes no time at all to list the card numbers, especially in the 2 examples you referred to. Typing out the numbers of 13 or 18 cards would literally take less than a minute. LESS THAN A MINUTE. It is just beyond silly that they're giving you the runaround like that. And like everyone has already said, how comfortable could you ever be as a consignor if the AH won't even take a moment to provide the most rudimentary facts regarding a lot to potential bidders???

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 04-05-2018, 10:07 AM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
It takes no time at all to list the card numbers, especially in the 2 examples you referred to. Typing out the numbers of 13 or 18 cards would literally take less than a minute. LESS THAN A MINUTE. It is just beyond silly that they're giving you the runaround like that. And like everyone has already said, how comfortable could you ever be as a consignor if the AH won't even take a moment to provide the most rudimentary facts regarding a lot to potential bidders???
I'm so happy for you that you have typing skills. I on the other hand do not. 18 items would be a bit longer assuming accuracy counted.
Old 04-05-2018, 10:15 AM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

If an AH does not have time to describe all their items, then they are taking on too much. Instead of listing 10,000 items, try cutting it down a little.

Buythatcard

http://stores.ebay.com/Buythatcard
Old 04-05-2018, 10:19 AM
T0dd M@rcum

At the fear of outing myself as one who dabbles in new and shinny stuff, I once sold a lot of 100 uniquely numbered cards (first and last serial numbers like 001/199 or 299/299...firsts and lasts something for some unknown reason I have always found appealing) with a fairly well respected action house. I documented each card, the player, there year and brand, and the number on an excel sheet which would have easily been linkable to their web description. It included virtually all star players and many hall of famers. They basically included a picture of four cards, a generic description (lots of stars) and that was about it. I am not sure I should have tried selling such a large accumulation, but they certainly didn't work very hard for me.
Old 04-05-2018, 09:23 PM
Fr3d mcKi3

Default update

I am the OP of this thread and wanted to give an update and info answering some of your questions.

As of 11 PM Eastern on Thursday night I have not received a reply to my questions/request.

I hope to hear from them in the next two or three days or it will be too late.

The lot in question without outing it is, post war and is a group of cards something like (but not) say a group of 50's/60's Fleer issues where there would be say 140 cards from various years of the Fleer cards from 1959 to 1963, showing super star cards like the Babe Ruth cards, the Gehrigs, Cobbs, Williams #68, Adcock in 63 etc, then other cards "fanned" out where you can see some of the card, but no numbers visible etc.

Some of the cards may be SP's and have considerable value over and above the Ruth's, Gehrigs etc. while others are variations that collectors are looking for to complete their sets.

I doubt the cards are being hidden to hide the condition.

Of the 140 cards say, I asked for the numbers from one set that amount to a little over half of the cards or say about 75 numbers. The two cards I asked for scans of, I can see (not well enough to check out the variation) two cards, one partially that have variations that I need to see not just know the number to find out if one or both are the variation I am looking for in order to decide how much to bid.

I can understand an AH being busy after a major auction working to send out winnings, but is EVERYONE in the company packing and shipping? Certainly SOMEONE who is answering the phones or is handling the website could help with my request.

Or as an earlier point I brought up, if you have a major auction, maybe you should not have a monthly auction starting and ending soon after so you have time to service your customers.
Old 04-06-2018, 12:25 PM
Fr3d mcKi3

To wrap this up, I sent a third email asking if it was too much trouble for them to email me with the numbers in the lot and the scan of two cards, they could just call me and read me the numbers.

I asked one specific question about the two cards I wanted scans of and asked for a reply about that as a minimum.

Surprise, surprise. It worked and an email hit my inbox this AM with the numbers and scan. It was sent from a Director of Acquisitions and I got a follow up email from the customer service rep(?) I originally contacted to be sure it was received.

So all's well that end's well, except I wish it did not take three emails with the first few replies not promising to reply.