NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-14-2004, 02:58 PM
Administrator

Default Crazycanuck: seller info

Posted By: Andrew 

I browse this site regularly for all the resourceful dialogue, I've even chimed-in on occassion. Although I’m not officially registed here, I can be found as 67standup on the CU board, and 64standup on the SGC board.

I’m at the last straw with a known seller who is trying to defraud, I believe he sells pre-WWII cards on occasion. Many collectors have contacted me after I started a thread about it on the CU board. I have ample documentation for both my and other’s transactions that have went sour. I have no problem naming the seller, as the evidence is overwhelming.

Plan A as follows starts tomorrow if expected information is not received (excerpt from email to him)
·File a U.S. and Canadian mail fraud claim (you’ve been through this before)
·File Internet Fraud Complaint Center claim in conjunction with local law enforcement. A DA will be assigned to the case and will mandate a specific time frame to return funds. If not, an arrest warrant will be issued.
·File a Ebay fraud claim (I've already inquired, since one of the items was listed and removed, I can submit a complaint.)
·File a Royal Canadian Mounted Police report. A constable has already been assigned to me and is awaiting my fax/file which includes other collector's testimony, email chains, and my correspondence with you. I have not provided your name yet, but will not hesitate.
·File a Better Business Bureau complaint
·File a government and business bureau complaint in Fredericton, N.B.

Plan B
Alert as many people as possible

Plan C - let's no go there yet.

I belong to a few other collector boards that are not policed as heavily as the CU Board, basically, they are invite-only sites where we look out for each other, trade, etc.

In sum (finally, I know), is there opposition to me naming this seller?

[edited to change title]

Old 07-14-2004, 03:12 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Have your ducks in a row and name away....this site is good for uncovering scams but I will caution you that there are so many on ebay we don't want every single scammer mentioned here. It would be an endless battle. But if you have a good one, and don't abuse the threads, it shouldn't be a problem.....at least that's my opinion...It also helps if you contribute other things to this forum too and not just alerts on scammers.....take care

Old 07-14-2004, 03:48 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Elliot

Yes, go ahead and name him. If it's who I think it is, then I know that there is at least one lurker on this site that has had a significant (over $5k) problem with this seller. I guess I have just been lucky with my two transactions with him.

Old 07-14-2004, 04:29 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bill Cornell

When a seller is attacked here for alleged bad practice, he may appear to defend himself by accusing the accuser(s). It's happened many times before, as most of us know, and it usually doesn't end well for either party. I'm adding this caveat because people who post about others are sometimes surprised to find themselves with a fight on their hands.

Bill

Old 07-14-2004, 05:13 PM
Administrator

Posted By: warshawlaw

turn them into the postal authorities and the FBI, if they are US based. Try the San Diego field office--I think they ran the WIWAG case and they also ran Operation Foul Ball.

Old 07-14-2004, 05:51 PM
Administrator

Thanks for the advice guys, and point well taken Bill. I'm not going to litter this site with all the nasty details of a scam, but am going to do fellow collectors a service so they - and others they know - don't get cheated.
________
sexwesellitall, a.k.a. Jason Bobbit, a.k.a. crazycanuck, a.k.a. EBAY MAN, a.k.a. Jay, a.k.a. Mike Young, a.k.a. Vicky, a.k.a. crazyc@rogers.com, a.k.a. Vicki @ 609815 NB Inc out of Island View, NB Canada

has committed fraud in the past, and is in the process of doing so again. I would not make such an accusation and stake my reputation unless facts exist and time has passed. Comments by others:

* I don't know him personally but I hear he is bad news. He used to be CrazyCanuck on ebay. I know a few people he has screwed and others he tried
to screw. My advice, stay away from him.

* I can recall "sexwesellitall" listing hundreds of fake autographed cards about a month ago, and they typically have some of the more common vintage counterfeits available, attempting to pass them off as authentic. I know they've sold at least one fake 52 Topps Mantle card in the past.

* I would think that he should be at the top of your dealers to avoid list. I'll definitely avoid him.

* Crazycunuck could post pictures of the new house he is building way up in New Brunswick,
with all the money he has been defrauding people from.

* I am in the process of filing an e-bay and mail fraud complaint for over 700.00 of cards not received. After several tries, CC will still not provide an insurance or tracking number for these cards, and I noticed another feedback from a customer who has not received their cards as well.

* It was the biggest headache I ever had on EBAY as well. Jason is truth impaired.

* I will take a shot becasue I have hard evidence, myself along with another sent him 25k for some unopened opc wax, total bill was about 35k and we were going to pay him the rest after receipt. after a song and dance and customs excuses and everything under the sun for 3 months, he bounced 5 checks to the 2 of us, canadian checks take 2-3 weeks to clear , we finally got our money back through a credit card dispute and got lucky, otherwise we would still be dealing with his refunds. biggest headache of my life.

He's more than welcome to defend himself, but has few friends and a proven track record of deception. There's a plethora of documentation against him, current and from the past.

THANK YOU board members for allowing me to post his name.

“A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.” - English Proverb

Old 07-14-2004, 06:11 PM
Administrator

Posted By: dan

crazycanuck( 0 ) this is an unused ebay ID

Old 07-14-2004, 06:15 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

Dan, it might be crazycanuck.com. I remember him/her on eBay and many people having problems. He also watermarked all the pics he used in his auctions.

Jay

Old 07-14-2004, 06:17 PM
Administrator

crazycanuck was the previous EBAY name used until he got into trouble with some of those who I quoted. New ID is sexwesellitall (I sent $975 for CARDS.) You'll notice that credit card payment is not an option, this privilege was taken away as a result of a $6500 fraud case that went against him. Don't be fooled by the high feedback, most are for inexpensive items left by low feedback/new bidders.

Old 07-14-2004, 06:54 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff O

This guy has been ripping people off for quite a while, but many have been successful in getting their money back.

Check out www.gameworn.net, and do a search for him in the forum section. Tons of threads about him ripping off hockey jersey collectors.

That being said, I bought from him on eBay a few times 2-3 years ago and never had a problem.

jeff
http://www.seattlehockey.net

Old 07-14-2004, 06:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: hankron

If you do a search on this board, you will discover that others have warned in no uncertain terms against dealing with crazycanuck. If crazycanuck is working under a new name, I'm sure there are people who are glad you posted the name.

Old 07-14-2004, 09:06 PM
Administrator

This was the seller I was thinking of on my earlier post. With his old name (some form of crazycanuck) he had feedback of over 2000. I can't remember what the actual name was that he used. Jay is correct he was the seller that was using the funny watermark on his pics. From the evidence, it seems that if you are persistent with this guy, you can get your money back. Like Jeff, I did have two transactions with him that went fine.

Old 07-15-2004, 09:44 AM
Administrator

Thanks guys, as I figured, he's not a stranger to the nastiness of this hobby. I'll let it rest for a few days as I finally received a tracking number - this after my action oriented email I sent to him. However, his current actions resemble those of previous other transactions. The last guy who chased down a tracking number finally received a check that went NSF. God only knows what's in this supposed package I'm expected to receive. Don't let it ease into your minds that this was simply a matter of me not being patient. The amount of correspondence, broken promises, other collector documentation, etc. is overwhelming.

Old 07-19-2004, 02:54 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rene

Can you please e-mail me at thegoat91@yahoo.com if you have been ripped off by this guy. He stole $2950.00 from me for three cases of SP Authentic Hockey back in March of this year. After four months of being promised refunds I still have recieved nothing. I really need to get this money back as I can't afford to have it stolen from me. He keeps saying that the check is in the mail, but no tracking info of course. His lies have continued on and on and I don't know what the do. I only live in Maine so I've thought of driving up there and taking care of it myself, but I don't want to end up in Canadian jail! LOL. Pleae e-mail me if he has ripped you off and lets go after this guy. Rene

Old 07-21-2004, 08:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

I think that he may be trying give me the run around as well. I'll keep you posted.

Old 07-21-2004, 10:50 PM
Administrator

I'm laying low until I open the UPS package that is scheduled to arrive on Tuesday. With the addition of the two replies to my post on this board, I've had eight people make negative comments about him. Sad.

Old 09-05-2004, 04:40 PM
Administrator

wondering if anyone is still having as much trouble with this guy as I am?

Old 09-05-2004, 05:35 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian Weisner

I don't think anyone else buys from this moron......

Old 09-05-2004, 06:29 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Judge Dred

I can tell you now that the Canadian RCMP (Commercial Crime Section) is working a case against Jason "Jay" Bobbitt. How do I know? Because I went the extra mile to notify EVERYONE in law enforcement possible of his crap tactics. I'm sure that there were others that also put together information for the RCMP but I know what role I played.

I documented everything (dates, times and all pertinent information) about a transaction that didn't work out. I didn't lose a dime in the whole deal but I was bound and determined not to let Jason get away with what he did. The list of people he's defrauded, debunked and pissed off is very long.

The only way we can get rid of people like Jason is to not take an apathetic approach towards the situation "if" you happen to get your money back and lose nothing. I could have just blown it off and not done anything about it but I figured I'd be doing everyone else a dis-service because he'd still be out there playing his stupid games.

Constable Andreane Boutet was handling the case. I spoke to her within the past month or so and she said that she will be moving on and someone else will be taking over soon. In any case you can contact her at 506 452 4202 or 506 452 3475. If she isn't there then that might indicate that she has moved on. You could ask for the person that has taken over the case against Jason. Fax number is 506 452 4208.

Who knows, they might want more information to expand their case against Jason. If you provide them with more information and it helps in prosecuting him then that's even better. I would hate to see him get away with all his misgivings because of a technicality or lack of evidence.

Remember, they don't celebrate Labor Day in Canada (at least I don't think so) so try calling on Monday, 06SEP04.

Old 09-05-2004, 06:36 PM
Administrator

I read earlier in the thread that his credit card receiving priveleges were revoked beacuse of a $6500 transaction - believe me, the total was much more than that. I could go on and on about this guy - it just boils my blood when I think about the fact that he's still playing his games. DO NOT send any funds to him. If you do so, you do it at your own risk. If anyone wants to contact me then please email me.

Oh yeah, if he can't provide you with a tracking number it's probably because he didn't ship the item. That was one of the first red flags that went up with me. How the hell could someone send thousands (I mean many thousands) of dollars worth of material without a tracking number. I'm going to stop here because if I don't this post will be the longest in Network 54 history.

Old 09-05-2004, 07:11 PM
Administrator

Last time I checked we celebrated Labour Day (notice the spelling) in Canada. Try calling on Tuesday.

Old 09-05-2004, 07:35 PM
Administrator

Sorry about that Elliot, I didn't realize that. I always tease my buddies up north about different things such as not celebrating certain holidays, the pay differential (Canadian dollars vs. American dollars), etc. One thing I wont even touch is the BEER. I like living life without having to worry about some big Canadian guy coming over to my house and punching me out for telling him that Canadian beer (sucks) is substandard to American beer. For some reason you guys up north have a passion for your beer.

Canadians celebrate Labour Day, Americans celebrate Labor Day. By the way, do the Newfies know that this is a holiday? What do they call it in Montreal?

Old 09-07-2004, 08:54 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jason

Does anyone here have an address for this guy? Also any and all known ebay IDs would help.

thanks
Jason

Old 09-08-2004, 12:28 AM
Administrator

Posted By: dave

I was very fortunate that I made my purchases from him of close to $20,000 using a credit card. It was well over a year ago, and started with a 1933 opc set that I won on ebay, and then the story about a large deal coming up and that he would "presell" items to me at a very good price, goudey sets, other early hockey sets etc. I am sure that had I sent a check to this guy, if I ever got the money back it would have taken a long time.

This guy has more stories and lies than carter has liver pills, talked about mailing the product but bad weather and frozen roads prevented his guy from going, but odd, the local police said it was one of the nicer days they have had, and all roads were clear.
I received many emails from other less fortunate victims of this guy, and I believe I still have many of the incriminating emails that went between the two of us if they are required, I could take a look.

Anyway, good luck, and anyone reading this should remember the name, and avoid doing business with him. The other thing, and of course this is a whole other topic, ebay does not seem to care, I know that I contacted them at the time, and just business as usual.

Old 09-08-2004, 07:43 AM
Administrator

Posted By: JC

Well David, You got my set that I bought for 8200.00 and the "Crazy Canuck" told me his shipping dept lost it. Then he said they found it and shipped it to wrong person. The bottom line is I paid with credit card and he sent a check back to me for more than the original amount and told me he had a big deal coming in as well and wanted to keep me as a happy customer. Not following thru with a deal because he thought he could get more for your set elsewhere whiich he did... I won it on Ebay as well...

Old 09-08-2004, 08:54 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave

Actually JC, I did not. I never received anything except excuses. However I used a credit so I did not lose any money, so I figure I came out ahead.

Dave

Old 09-08-2004, 10:27 AM
Administrator

Posted By: The Other One (Julie)

crazycanuck, sexwesellitall and EBAYMAN--none of them--have been active for over a month, so it's hard to see what he's up to (since it's nothing). Of course this doesn't help anyone who's going to run into a new alias.

Old 09-08-2004, 04:48 PM
Administrator

After I started this thread it was obvious that many others are/were going through the same ordeal with this scum. Like Judge Dred, I documented everything and got the RCMP involved. In the end, I received two money orders for my sent amount, plus an extra $25. Per his last email, I was expecting cards.

Course of action suggestion that worked for me, but my scam amount was "only" $1000:

Bombard him with correspondence. Crooks like Jason seem to eventually pay off the buyers who are very persistent. They hope to snag the ones who are passive or who will just let it go.

Convey that you will do x, y and z, give a firm deadline, then follow-through. For example, filing U.S./Canadian mail fraud, Ebay claims, etc. Threaten the use of legal action.

Get the word out to collectible circles in Canada.

This may sound Neanderthal-like, but threaten him, or get someone else to do it. His phone number: 506.450.2965

One of my promises was a personal visit. I actually inquired into Air Canada fares, lodging in Fredericton and a rental car. Was I serious? Yes. I would have coordinated a mini-vacation to the East Coast around my visit to Island View, N.B.

Old 09-28-2004, 08:18 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Andy83

Labour Day was celebrated for the first time in Canada on September 3, 1894! The international celebration was inspired by a Canadian - Alexander Whyte Wright.

So There is Labour Day in Canada

Old 07-03-2005, 09:23 AM
Administrator

Has anyone got their money back from this crook? He has ripped so many people of I think that it is worth contacting a consumer affairs program. I am thinking about sending something in to CTV's W5, it would make a good story and put the squeeze on this guy. If He won't give my money back I think I could make it so that he can never make or steal another dollar using sportscards or autographs again.

Old 07-03-2005, 11:30 PM
Administrator

As indicated on a previous reply, I did receive my money after a grueling process. Someone (from this board I think) informed me months later that Jason Bobbit's house was repossessed.

Old 07-03-2005, 11:45 PM
Administrator

I still can't believe that one of the hobby's biggest pathological liars is still plying his trade. I've heard different stories recently. Some say he's in Vancouver. The only thing to do is avoid him - period. The most unfortunate part is that there is always someone who hasn't heard of him or what he's capable of doing so there's probably always going to be someone that is in the process of getting screwed by Jason.

Old 07-04-2005, 01:07 PM
Administrator

It was my worst transactional experience in 25+ years in the hobby.

Old 08-18-2005, 05:42 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rene

I still have not recieved a full refund of the money that Jason Bobbitt accepted from me almost a year and a half ago now. He has returned about $1800.00 of what he owes me, and still needs to return $800.00. In the meantime he has bounced five checks to me, has lied innumerable times about the whereabouts of refund payments and shipment status, has sent me bogus tracking #'s and just continues to run me around. I want this over with so badly. I can only hope that he will soon return the rest of what is due to me and I can walk away never having to deal with a mess like this again. If anyone else is still waiting on refunds or has been defrauded by Jason please contact me at thegoat91@yahoo.com. I want to help you and we can work together to recover our losses. Thanks

Old 08-18-2005, 10:50 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Judge Dred (Fred)

Time is Jason's best friend. The more time that passes the harder it will be to recoup. He's a pathological liar and in his own mind he probably owes you nothing because you've let him get away with stringing it out this long. No he doesn't owe me money but I've dealt with him in the past and I know his tactics. File a complaint with the RCMP and get him in hot water again, he deserves to do some prison time.

Old 08-19-2005, 10:49 PM
Administrator

Does anyone have any contact information for the RCMP in British Columbia just in case I need to go that far. I have already reported this to my local attorney general and US Attorney and they are apprised of the situation, but it doesn't help me much because he's not a US citizen. If anyone could provide any information about the RCMP in the Vancouver BC area I would really appreciate it.

Old 08-19-2005, 11:10 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Judge Dred (Fred)

I contacted several agencies and the RCMP brought a case against him in New Brunswick. It's been over a couple of years now and I've filed the paperwork away somewhere. I'm sure you could contact the RCMP in New Brunswick to see what transpired at the end of the case. It sounded like they had a lot of evidence against him.

Good luck.

Old 08-20-2005, 04:18 PM
Administrator

I used the following contact:

Constable Claude Tremblay
fax: 506.357.4303 / dispatcher phone: 506.357.4300

Other email addresses Jason used:

vlc@rogers.com
crazyc@ROGERS.COM
crazyc@nbnet.nb.ca

Old 08-20-2005, 04:35 PM
Administrator

Posted By: davidcycleback

It's no fun being chased through snow pack woods by Mounties on horseback. It was worse when they rode moose.

Old 08-20-2005, 04:40 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

Doesn't anyone have the number for Dudley Do-Right?

Old 08-20-2005, 05:35 PM
Administrator

Posted By: davidcycleback

Dudley doesn't have a cell phone on his horse. You have to place a damsel on the railroad tracks.

Old 08-20-2005, 07:17 PM
Administrator

Thanks for all the help guys. Nothing ever gets better with this guy, and now he actually has the gall to e-mail me and give me a hard time for starting more "crap" for him on this website. I guess he justifies stealing my money and holding it for over a year and a half, and lying to me time and again. Thats all right, and hasn't been a load of "crap" for me. If I don't have my money by months end I will follow up with your sources here and will try a different way of recovering the money that is mine. Thanks guys.

Old 08-21-2005, 10:29 AM
Administrator

Posted By: LloydBraun

Check out the username "fittings12" on Ebay.

They have a ton of low cost cards for sale and their history of sales is all of low vallue and many repeated customers. Also, they have item locations as Eastern Canada.

May be coincidental, but you never know.