NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-19-2017, 05:09 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Removed, You are welcome...
Quote:
Wrong again, ebay removed them. They are not taking kindly to Battle's shenanigans much more...so it seems.
Quote:
I think only 2 cards were reported and both were taken down. If anything else happens I have no idea. My guess is all items get bought and a lot of them get returned with some negatives given, but not nearly enough. Things are still being worked through but hopefully in the future it will be quicker getting bad stuff taken down on ebay. Had there been 83 things reported (or anymore than were) I am not sure anything would have happened. Baby steps....
Great news, Leon!

Thank you!
Old 04-24-2017, 09:29 PM
Nick Mich@lovitz

http://www.ebay.com/itm/391757219078...AIT&rmvSB=true

She has sold this same card multiple times. I really wish ebay would ban her. I recall in the late 90's, early 00's sellers would get banned. Ebay needs to update their polices.
Old 06-17-2017, 08:42 PM
D@le Irv*n

Well, it sure doesn't seem like Battlefield has changed her ways any.
These are mostly from within the last month, and looking at some 52 Topps cards she currently has on E-Bay, which look exceptional, one can only conclude, again, that she is hasn't changed one bit.
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...e&interval=365
Old 06-18-2017, 05:30 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I was set up at a show yesterday. A guy comes up to me and tells me he is bidding on a nrmt or better 55 Clemente on ebay. I asked him if the seller was Battlefield? He said "what?" He looked and it was her/him/them. I told him of our stories. He didn't know who the seller was nor what their feedback was AND he was bidding on $1500+ card, raw. That is when I saw their new listing and they aren't covering their butts the way they were recently in other ads. That said, they had about 135 Negs in the last year but not that many the last few months (still way too many but less than before). Back to reporting her/he/them for their misdeeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
Well, it sure doesn't seem like Battlefield has changed her ways any.
These are mostly from within the last month, and looking at some 52 Topps cards she currently has on E-Bay, which look exceptional, one can only conclude, again, that she is hasn't changed one bit.
Old 06-18-2017, 07:59 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
I was set up at a show yesterday. A guy comes up to me and tells me he is bidding on a nrmt or better 55 Clemente on ebay. I asked him if the seller was Battlefield? He said "what?" He looked and it was her/him/them. I told him of our stories. He didn't know who the seller was nor what their feedback was AND he was bidding on $1500+ card, raw. That is when I saw their new listing and they aren't covering their butts the way they were recently in other ads. That said, they had about 135 Negs in the last year but not that many the last few months (still way too many but less than before). Back to reporting her/he/them for their misdeeds.
Yep. In one of the many negative feedbacks was a 51 Bowman Mantle., slabbed/graded. I was watching it a bit before it sold and wondered if I'd ever see any feedback about it? It was a $10,000+ dollar card, and although the purchaser doesn't get into details about the card, my gut told me it wasn't the last time I'd see or hear about it.
Also, that Mantle is not the only graded/slabbed card in her negative feedback. Seems she can't even be honest about those, and with most people thinking pics of slabbed/graded cards are likely unaltered/photoshopped, she has taken it to a whole new level!
Old 06-18-2017, 09:41 AM
Lar.ry Buch.heim

Quote:
Also, that Mantle is not the only graded/slabbed card in her negative feedback. Seems she can't even be honest about those, and with most people thinking pics of slabbed/graded cards are likely unaltered/photoshopped, she has taken it to a whole new level!
I've only bought low dollar centered 57s which were actually rather nice. I've never dared to buy high dollar cards from battlefield. I've bought from the two "phenomenal" sellers..."really_bad_cards", and that was enough.

So looking at the expanded pic closely of the '51 mantle I noticed the lower right corner looks photoshopped. The corner is a bit discolored and may actually be dinged badly.
Old 06-18-2017, 01:08 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesWS1979 View Post
I've only bought low dollar centered 57s which were actually rather nice. I've never dared to buy high dollar cards from battlefield. I've bought from the two "phenomenal" sellers..."really_bad_cards", and that was enough.

So looking at the expanded pic closely of the '51 mantle I noticed the lower right corner looks photoshopped. The corner is a bit discolored and may actually be dinged badly.
I've been tempted with some of her 52's but since most look phenomenal, I have steered clear knowing they likely aren't what they appear to be.
Some of the prices, if they were in the exact condition as shown and described, would be pretty good deals, imo, but knowing her/them and what they are doing to the hobby, and people in general, I just can't do it.
Old 06-18-2017, 06:49 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Since they have as many negatives and neutrals as they do AND seem to give quick refunds, it really does say something, and it's not good. I would just say you are rolling the dice and they are stacked against you if you buy raw cards from them. Personally I have better things to do with my time but I don't blame some people for trying it. As I told the guy at the show though, is it really worth the headache and expense? That Clemente would have been graded if it would, imo. But there is always a chance a grader could have a bad and give a numerical grade out when they shouldn't. It's just not a game I am going to play though. Good luck to those that do. You still have lots of chances .
http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?item=...ld0516&_sop=16

Quote:
I've been tempted with some of her 52's but since most look phenomenal, I have steered clear knowing they likely aren't what they appear to be.
Some of the prices, if they were in the exact condition as shown and described, would be pretty good deals, imo, but knowing her/them and what they are doing to the hobby, and people in general, I just can't do it.

Last edited by Leon; 06-18-2017 at 06:51 PM.
Old 07-21-2017, 09:31 AM
D@le Irv*n

Just searching for some 52 Topps cards and of course I came across ole Battlefield again.
I hate to revisit this thread and bring it up to the top, but I thought with new members joining all the time, it might not be a bad idea if they see it?

Not much, and most likely not anything has changed with her. Seems like the same old same old, business as usual with her.
Old 07-21-2017, 11:02 AM
Robert Williams

As long as the make SOME money doing their scam, they could care less....
Old 07-21-2017, 01:15 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Just searching for some 52 Topps cards and of course I came across ole Battlefield again.
I hate to revisit this thread and bring it up to the top, but I thought with new members joining all the time, it might not be a bad idea if they see it?

Not much, and most likely not anything has changed with her. Seems like the same old same old, business as usual with her.
i like when battlefield defends itself on negative feedback on some of the negative feedback that is.
Old 07-21-2017, 01:23 PM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

How do they become a top rated seller with 125 negative feedbacks over the past months?

I have 0 negative feedbacks but my PO does not scan enough of my items. Because of that I can't even become a top rated seller.

Go figure.

Buythatcard

http://stores.ebay.com/Buythatcard
Old 07-21-2017, 01:43 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buythatcard View Post
How do they become a top rated seller with 125 negative feedbacks over the past months?

I have 0 negative feedbacks but my PO does not scan enough of my items. Because of that I can't even become a top rated seller.

Go figure.
I have the same problem. It's obvious they don't actually meet the top rated standards, they do however meet the double standard...
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 07-23-2017, 05:50 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
I have the same problem. It's obvious they don't actually meet the top rated standards, they do however meet the double standard...
When there seems to be no good answer the answer is usually $$.