NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 05-20-2017, 09:29 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Default Clean Sweep Auction: 1947 Dodgers "World Series" Ring

Coming up in the Clean Sweep auction is a "1947 Brooklyn Dodger original World Series ring." The ring is at 4K before the juice right now, with about 11 days left in the auction: http://www.cleansweepauctions.com/it...ow_item=575595

Of course, the Dodgers lost to the Yankees in that WS and the ring is not a World Series championship ring but instead an NL championship ring. This exact ring sold in Heritage last November for $3824 including the juice. Why the much lower price considering it was so recent? Heritage correctly described the ring as a "1947 Brooklyn Dodgers National League Championship Ring." A WS championship ring is a hell of a lot more valuable than a pennant winning ring. Don't get fooled. https://sports.ha.com/itm/baseball-c...a/7165-52643.s
Old 05-20-2017, 10:26 PM

Default Revision

The title has been updated to avoid any confusion.

There is no intent to mislead or trick anyone. We did not claim or imply that this was a World Championship ring.

The Dodgers of course played in the World Series in 1947, hence the creation of the ring. We never claimed that the Dodgers won the World Series in 1947.

Please feel free to email me with any questions about this lot. Thanks much - Steve Verkman Clean Sweep Auctions info@csauctions.com

Last edited by SteveVerkman; 05-20-2017 at 10:27 PM.
Old 05-21-2017, 06:39 AM
Ben North

This is still the first line in the description.

Great piece, offered is a truly historic 1947 Brooklyn Dodger original World Series ring.
Old 05-21-2017, 07:00 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

If the World Series was never played due to a strike etc., the dodgers still would of been entitled NL ring.

Basically, if you get another ring for playing and losing the world series, i would agree they can call that a 'world series' ring.
Old 05-21-2017, 08:21 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
This is still the first line in the description.

Great piece, offered is a truly historic 1947 Brooklyn Dodger original World Series ring.
Of course, I have yet to see a league championship ring ever described as a World Series ring LOL. That's usually the way auction houses -- and everyone else on the planet -- distinguishes between a World Series championship ring and a league championship ring. But then, of course, that wouldn't help the price surpass a recent sale in Heritage.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/lo...ampions-rings/

Last edited by calvindog; 05-21-2017 at 08:21 AM.
Old 05-21-2017, 10:53 AM
Peter Spaeth

I would change the description to match the new title, myself, I think it would be more accurate.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 05-21-2017 at 10:59 AM.
Old 05-26-2017, 08:40 PM
P.aul Orl,in

well, to be fair, the Heritage description later calls it a "Championship ring". ok, i would consider a true "Championship ring" without the "NL" qualifier to be the world series winner. secondly, Clean Sweep says it's a world series ring and immediately says they lost in the next sentence. Heritage makes no mention of losing! I think what the ring is is obvious in Clean Sweep, and title is very clear its an NL Championship ring, which is the same thing as a world series ring when you lose the world series.

splitting hairs here...
Old 05-26-2017, 09:10 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckpaul View Post
well, to be fair, the Heritage description later calls it a "Championship ring". ok, i would consider a true "Championship ring" without the "NL" qualifier to be the world series winner. secondly, Clean Sweep says it's a world series ring and immediately says they lost in the next sentence. Heritage makes no mention of losing! I think what the ring is is obvious in Clean Sweep, and title is very clear its an NL Championship ring, which is the same thing as a world series ring when you lose the world series.

splitting hairs here...
The original description did not note that Brooklyn lost the WS. And the title originally said World Series ring: "1947 Brooklyn Dodger original World Series ring," nowhere did it say "NL championship ring" or any kind of championship ring: just "World Series ring." Heritage described it as a "1947 Brooklyn Dodgers National League Championship Ring."

Last edited by calvindog; 05-26-2017 at 09:16 PM.