NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 10-08-2013, 02:25 PM
Erich W

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter729 View Post
Has anyone received invoices for the auction yet? I don't want to miss out on paying but haven't seen how to do so yet.....
Scott, received mine this afternoon.
Old 10-08-2013, 02:34 PM
David McDonald

Just logged into my RMY account and the invoice is on-line. Easy pie.
Old 10-08-2013, 02:44 PM
Chris Wassmuth

Just paid. Can't WAIT to get my meager winnings in hand.
Old 10-08-2013, 03:17 PM

Default Update

After walking Rhys through the process, I wanted to let everyone know that they do accept PayPal at their standard buyer's premium of 10.9% and if you do want to pay with check or money order they will give you a 3% reduction in BP. You can pay online by visiting your MyAccount page and seeing your invoice total there. Let Rhys know if you want an updated invoice if you are paying with a check or M.O. so that he can adjust your invoice.

Rhys is learning very fast but do cut him some slack in the next few days.

Thanks
Bob Freedman

Last edited by bobfreedman; 10-08-2013 at 04:46 PM.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:59 PM

just requested new invoice, received it quickly and have check ready to go in the morning. thank you.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:30 AM
Phil P

Default Stan Musial 1947

Great Stan Musial batting pose from a youthful Stan 1 of my favorite players.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 387a_med.jpg (39.3 KB, 329 views)
Old 10-09-2013, 07:00 PM
Ryan

Great pickups guys. I got shutout. I went to bed winning 1 auction, but it wasn't to be.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:39 AM
Graig Kreindler

GREAT shot, Phil. And taken in St. Louis, no less!

Graig
Old 10-10-2013, 12:51 PM
Mikeknapp

Quote:
Originally Posted by repsher View Post
Great pickups guys. I got shutout. I went to bed winning 1 auction, but it wasn't to be.
Ryan, I suffered the same fate
Old 10-10-2013, 02:32 PM
Scott

I'm curious. If these cool photos were on ebay, rather than a Henry Yee or Mr. Yeakley auction, would they go super high? I don't know the final bids on these, but seems people do get caught in "auction fever" . Are there ever any deals with Henry? I mean, no disrespect, Im just curious. Henry, Ive known for many years and Rhetty seems like a cool guy.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:00 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcy View Post
I glanced though the catalog after the auction ended (after, all I was semi-conscious in the hospital during the auction) and noticed some of the high speed 'Edgerton' photos. In case anyone picked one up, Harold Edgerton is one of the most famous and important photographers in 20th century history. He was an M.I.T. electical engineering professor who invented ultra high speed photography. You know, those iconic images of a bullet piercing a playing card, a hummingbird wings in mid flap-- those are Edgerton's photos. Many to most of his photos were shot in his M.I.T. lab. His photos are ranked as both advanced scientific experiments and collectible works of art, and original examples are rare on the market.
And he's a Nebraska native...there is a museum in his hometown of Aurora, Nebraska that is pretty cool.

http://www.edgerton.org/
Old 10-10-2013, 10:00 PM
M@rk V3l@rd3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGhost View Post
I'm curious. If these cool photos were on ebay, rather than a Henry Yee or Mr. Yeakley auction, would they go super high? I don't know the final bids on these, but seems people do get caught in "auction fever" . Are there ever any deals with Henry? I mean, no disrespect, Im just curious. Henry, Ive known for many years and Rhetty seems like a cool guy.
Scott,
I think, like with every auction, the final price comes down to a few common things. Advertising/credibility/visibility of the seller, quality of the items, and luck.
Henry Yee, Rhys, REA, Legendary, Heritage, etc all have long lists of customers, as well as a certain amount of public awareness, so many more "motivated" buyers are following their auctions. More exposure = more interested parties following the auction = more likely hood of bidding fever.

These same auctioneers are known for outstanding quality. I think Henry's reputation is especially strong in regards to having, not only top quality images, simply impeccable condition of the pictures he sells.

Ebay is a mixed bag. Sellers that are unknown. Item quality that is all over the place. Uncertainty as whether or not the seller has described the "type" correctly.
For me, the price I would've bid/paid for each of the pictures I won would not have been different. The difference, between a name auction and eBay, is that I think the final price I wound up having to pay might have been less on eBay.

Other interests/sets/collectibles.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96571220@N08/albums

My for sale or trade photobucket album
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7c1SRL
Old 10-10-2013, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstan View Post
Scott,
I think, like with every auction, the final price comes down to a few common things. Advertising/credibility/visibility of the seller, quality of the items, and luck.
Henry Yee, Rhys, REA, Legendary, Heritage, etc all have long lists of customers, as well as a certain amount of public awareness, so many more "motivated" buyers are following their auctions. More exposure = more interested parties following the auction = more likely hood of bidding fever.

These same auctioneers are known for outstanding quality. I think Henry's reputation is especially strong in regards to having, not only top quality images, simply impeccable condition of the pictures he sells.

Ebay is a mixed bag. Sellers that are unknown. Item quality that is all over the place. Uncertainty as whether or not the seller has described the "type" correctly.
For me, the price I would've bid/paid for each of the pictures I won would not have been different. The difference, between a name auction and eBay, is that I think the final price I wound up having to pay might have been less on eBay.
+!
Old 10-10-2013, 11:05 PM
Belltown Vintage

Since we now have a hyee ad in the RMY thread...

I don't bid in the hyee auctions, or even view them, and I have still managed to build a decent collection and I am certain that avoiding paying huge premiums for photos has not hurt my collection any. I am glad to see Rhys entering the photo auction market, and I hope he clears up a few issues and improves on what, if you believe everything you read in this forum, is an area that up to now has basically been 'owned' by a single ebay seller. That's not the case, but that's what some here would have us believe.

I would have liked to have seen Rhys begin his auctions without even mentioning previous systems or other sellers - I think his own reputation would have been sufficient for beginning this venture - but nevertheless I think he will do just fine.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:01 AM
M@rk V3l@rd3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
Since we now have a hyee ad in the RMY thread...

I don't bid in the hyee auctions, or even view them, and I have still managed to build a decent collection and I am certain that avoiding paying huge premiums for photos has not hurt my collection any. I am glad to see Rhys entering the photo auction market, and I hope he clears up a few issues and improves on what, if you believe everything you read in this forum, is an area that up to now has basically been 'owned' by a single ebay seller. That's not the case, but that's what some here would have us believe.

I would have liked to have seen Rhys begin his auctions without even mentioning previous systems or other sellers - I think his own reputation would have been sufficient for beginning this venture - but nevertheless I think he will do just fine.
Scott,
If you're referring to my post, I don't understand why you would accuse me of advertising for Henry.
Scott asked if these prices would've been the same if posted on ebay. I merely answered why I think they sell for more in RMY, HYee, REA, etc auctions. I mentioned all of the auction houses in both of the points I made and I only singled Henry out for the condition of the items he sells. I used it as an example to reinforce the point about condition affecting sale price, not as an ad telling people to go buy from him. Perhaps if you did view his auctions, you would know that his reputation in this regard isn't a secret. This goes hand in hand with his reputation for getting, what in many cases are, ridiculously high prices.
It's kind of funny that I get nailed for advertising for Henry after spending more money in a single RMY auction than I have ever spent in a single HYee auction. This followed me criticizing, in another thread, the writer of the press release about Yee and Rogers that took shots at Rhys' auction and system on the eve of his first auction ending. I think there is plenty of evidence that I like and support both parties.
Also, I never said, or implied, bidding in anyone's auction was mandatory to build a great collection. If you choose not to patronize one auctioneer or another, that is certainly your perogative. There have been many threads questioning the business practices of just about every auction house in creation. Personally, I hope no one who collects anything similar to me visits any of these auctions, so I can pay less for the stuff I want.
If you were referring to someone else, sorry for the rant.
Best,
Mark

Last edited by Lordstan; 10-11-2013 at 07:02 AM.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:33 AM
Scott

Again, there is no intent of negativity against Rhys or Henry. I guess a name and reputation, plus not having to "hunt " for a nice piece, like you do prowling through the bay, is worth a bit of a premium.

I wish both men the best in their auctions, as reputation and quality is worth a lot in this business
Old 10-11-2013, 01:56 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstan View Post
Scott,
If you're referring to my post, I don't understand why you would accuse me of advertising for Henry.
Scott asked if these prices would've been the same if posted on ebay. I merely answered why I think they sell for more in RMY, HYee, REA, etc auctions. I mentioned all of the auction houses in both of the points I made and I only singled Henry out for the condition of the items he sells. I used it as an example to reinforce the point about condition affecting sale price, not as an ad telling people to go buy from him. Perhaps if you did view his auctions, you would know that his reputation in this regard isn't a secret. This goes hand in hand with his reputation for getting, what in many cases are, ridiculously high prices.
It's kind of funny that I get nailed for advertising for Henry after spending more money in a single RMY auction than I have ever spent in a single HYee auction. This followed me criticizing, in another thread, the writer of the press release about Yee and Rogers that took shots at Rhys' auction and system on the eve of his first auction ending. I think there is plenty of evidence that I like and support both parties.
Also, I never said, or implied, bidding in anyone's auction was mandatory to build a great collection. If you choose not to patronize one auctioneer or another, that is certainly your perogative. There have been many threads questioning the business practices of just about every auction house in creation. Personally, I hope no one who collects anything similar to me visits any of these auctions, so I can pay less for the stuff I want.
If you were referring to someone else, sorry for the rant.
Best,
Mark
Mark, my post wasn't all about you.

Edited to add - but yes, the first sentence was in response to: "I think Henry's reputation is especially strong in regards to having, not only top quality images, simply impeccable condition of the pictures he sells."

The rest of it had nothing to do with your post - I just felt like adding some of my thoughts regarding the new photo auction relationships. Just like with any other topic, there are those who haven't given it any thought, those who don't care and those who disagree.

Last edited by Runscott; 10-11-2013 at 02:05 PM.
Old 10-11-2013, 02:32 PM
M@rk V3l@rd3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
Mark, my post wasn't all about you.

Edited to add - but yes, the first sentence was in response to: "I think Henry's reputation is especially strong in regards to having, not only top quality images, simply impeccable condition of the pictures he sells."

The rest of it had nothing to do with your post - I just felt like adding some of my thoughts regarding the new photo auction relationships. Just like with any other topic, there are those who haven't given it any thought, those who don't care and those who disagree.
Scott,
I understand, but I didn't make that statement to function as an ad.

I agree that some of the behavior we have seen is unfortunate. To close my part of this discussion out, let me say that there appears to be more than enough pictures, sellers of pictures, and buyers of pictures for everyone to find things that fit their collection and their budget.

I wish all the photo people well, just no bidding on any Gehrig photos any more!!

Best,
Mark

Last edited by Lordstan; 10-11-2013 at 02:33 PM.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:31 AM
Nath.aniel Gr.ow

Has anyone received their winnings, yet? I'm anxiously awaiting the delivery of my photo.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:01 PM
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngrow9 View Post
Has anyone received their winnings, yet? I'm anxiously awaiting the delivery of my photo.
Not yet.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 10-17-2013, 02:55 PM

Hi Guys

We're working like crazy over here and shipping everything out. We have already shipped a ton of orders in the last few days and by the end of the week every order that has been paid for will be mailed and e mail notices will be sent starting tomorrow morning with tracking numbers! We use USPS Priority Mail so they will start arriving at doorsteps shortly!

Rhys

RMY Auctions
Old 10-23-2013, 01:58 PM
Belltown Vintage

Hey Rhys - at this point I recommend at least sending out an email with a status. My concern is that my payment might never have arrived, or that the item was shipped to an incorrect address.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:48 AM
Daniel Elsass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Padrino View Post
Looking to find out who won the Chic Harley football item. If anyone may know, please shoot me a message.

Thank you in advance. Dan
Anyone have any idea of who may have won the Chic Harley photo?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 268a_sm.jpg (32.3 KB, 147 views)
Old 12-19-2013, 01:13 PM
Daniel Elsass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Padrino View Post
Anyone have any idea of who may have won the Chic Harley photo?
Anyone?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 268a_med.jpg (42.8 KB, 84 views)