NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-17-2018, 08:34 PM
Pete Sycks

I was worried that we didn't have a PWCC thread up in at least a week, I'm glad we have one now.

http://syckscards.weebly.com

Always looking for 1938 Goudey's
Old 10-21-2018, 11:19 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycks22 View Post
I was worried that we didn't have a PWCC thread up in at least a week, I'm glad we have one now.
So you are saying you want them to be seen more? I also think they get more eyes than most because most of the rest, except for some sellers, don't offer the kind of things they do in straight auctions. Some of their realized prices on '14 Cracker Jacks (and others) looked very strong (without me doing research on it). I should say I am at least a little biased as they are the largest advertiser on our board currently and have been for 2-3 yrs running. I appreciate that. Of course I appreciate all of our advertisers and hope they get a good bang for their buck here.

Last edited by Leon; 10-21-2018 at 11:20 AM.
Old 10-21-2018, 11:39 AM
Rich v@n He$$

So I guess what I would say is that I'd consign the appropriate cards to PWCC but I will likely never, ever buy from them.
Old 10-21-2018, 12:05 PM

I enjoy getting the auction house catalogs and bidding on them better than ebay.
Much more excitement in my opinion
Old 11-22-2018, 07:43 AM
Tony S.ti.ns.a
Tony Stins.a

Default Say what you want about PWCC - OK, I will!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
So you are saying you want them to be seen more? I also think they get more eyes than most because most of the rest, except for some sellers, don't offer the kind of things they do in straight auctions. Some of their realized prices on '14 Cracker Jacks (and others) looked very strong (without me doing research on it). I should say I am at least a little biased as they are the largest advertiser on our board currently and have been for 2-3 yrs running. I appreciate that. Of course I appreciate all of our advertisers and hope they get a good bang for their buck here.

Ok, so here's my two cents on PWCC. I think they are losing their way. I say this based on a recent transaction on a large, fairly expensive lot of 49 Bowman PSA cards that I bought.

They do get a lot of bidders and a lot of attention to their eBay auctions. Congratulations to them. I am primarily a buyer. I have bought many single cards in the past from their eBay auctions and while I don't typically get a "deal" in the sense that the price is below market.

The recent lot I bought was this one:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-90-1949...72.m2749.l2649

Note that the title says "...ALL PSA6 EXMT (PWCC)".

I am working on a 49 Bowman PSA registry set, and it looked like I needed at least half of them, so I calculated a reasonable price based on all PSA 6's, considered a "volume" or common card lot discount, and I bid on the lot, thinking I could sell the rest.

After winning the lot, I found that 20 of the cards were not PSA 6. There were cards as lowly graded as PSA 4 and about 20 of the 90 were PSA 5 / 6/ 7 OC's, which most in the collecting world know get fewer bids and go for a value about 2 grades below a card graded with no qualifier.

So I went about calculating what the value difference is between what the title said, and what I got. I calculated the difference in value to be about $400 - $500, based on auction prices realized as well as SMR. I sent PWCC a message about it on eBay and their response was "sorry, there's nothing we can do other than cancel the purchase." The problem is that I did need about half of the cards for my set, so I didn't want to cancel the transaction - I wanted most of the cards. I just feel I got cheated by PWCC's error in the title of their listing. They could have agreed to do a number of things that would have made me more satisfied, like auction the OC's and ones that were less than PSA 6 for no fee, to give a credit, to pay shipping, something. Their response leaves me with an impression that they are becoming "too big for their britches", and no longer collector and customer focused. They seem to think they are now a grading company, a bank, a mutual fund index, or any number of things other than hobby / collector focused.

In the "about us" portion of their website they state:
Trading on trust: We believe trust is the bedrock of the trading card marketplace, and we handle every trade with the highest level of integrity and care. For 20 years, PWCC has worked tirelessly to provide collectors and investors the marketplace they deserve, where integrity and transparency are to be taken for granted, and investment-focused decision making can instead own the moment

I don't trust them anymore.

Tony Stinsa
Old 11-22-2018, 07:52 AM
pete ullman

We all take different paths in life...all that matters is that we end up where we belong.

It took you a while...but you've finally made it!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bram99 View Post
Ok, so here's my two cents on PWCC. I think they are losing their way. I say this based on a recent transaction on a large, fairly expensive lot of 49 Bowman PSA cards that I bought.

They do get a lot of bidders and a lot of attention to their eBay auctions. Congratulations to them. I am primarily a buyer. I have bought many single cards in the past from their eBay auctions and while I don't typically get a "deal" in the sense that the price is below market.

The recent lot I bought was this one:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-90-1949...72.m2749.l2649

Note that the title says "...ALL PSA6 EXMT (PWCC)".

I am working on a 49 Bowman PSA registry set, and it looked like I needed at least half of them, so I calculated a reasonable price based on all PSA 6's, considered a "volume" or common card lot discount, and I bid on the lot, thinking I could sell the rest.

After winning the lot, I found that 20 of the cards were not PSA 6. There were cards as lowly graded as PSA 4 and about 20 of the 90 were PSA 5 / 6/ 7 OC's, which most in the collecting world know get fewer bids and go for a value about 2 grades below a card graded with no qualifier.

So I went about calculating what the value difference is between what the title said, and what I got. I calculated the difference in value to be about $400 - $500, based on auction prices realized as well as SMR. I sent PWCC a message about it on eBay and their response was "sorry, there's nothing we can do other than cancel the purchase." The problem is that I did need about half of the cards for my set, so I didn't want to cancel the transaction - I wanted most of the cards. I just feel I got cheated by PWCC's error in the title of their listing. They could have agreed to do a number of things that would have made me more satisfied, like auction the OC's and ones that were less than PSA 6 for no fee, to give a credit, to pay shipping, something. Their response leaves me with an impression that they are becoming "too big for their britches", and no longer collector and customer focused. They seem to think they are now a grading company, a bank, a mutual fund index, or any number of things other than hobby / collector focused.

In the "about us" portion of their website they state:
Trading on trust: We believe trust is the bedrock of the trading card marketplace, and we handle every trade with the highest level of integrity and care. For 20 years, PWCC has worked tirelessly to provide collectors and investors the marketplace they deserve, where integrity and transparency are to be taken for granted, and investment-focused decision making can instead own the moment

I don't trust them anymore.

Tony Stinsa
Old 11-22-2018, 07:55 AM
Mike P.ap

Default Huh?

Reference: Tony Stinsa Quote "Ok, so here's my two cents on PWCC. I think they are losing their way. I say this based on a recent transaction on a large, fairly expensive lot of 49 Bowman PSA cards that I bought.

They do get a lot of bidders and a lot of attention to their eBay auctions. Congratulations to them. I am primarily a buyer. I have bought many single cards in the past from their eBay auctions and while I don't typically get a "deal" in the sense that the price is below market."

Tony,

No offense but I also bid on that auction and they CLEARLY show EVERY card in a photo in the description?!?!?!? Did you not scroll down to see EVERY card in the lot? They also say "nearly every card is a 6" in the description. I totally agree that the word "All" should NOT have been in the total but that is the only point I agree on here. I'm thinking since you were working a set that you did see all the other grades as they were laid out easy to see.

You are blaming them for 1 word that granted they should not have used but they explained everything in their description with clear photos.

Peace, Mike

Last edited by vthobby; 11-22-2018 at 07:56 AM.
Old 11-22-2018, 08:10 AM
Tony S.ti.ns.a
Tony Stins.a

Default Re: Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtgmsc View Post
Reference: Tony Stinsa Quote "Ok, so here's my two cents on PWCC. I think they are losing their way. I say this based on a recent transaction on a large, fairly expensive lot of 49 Bowman PSA cards that I bought.

They do get a lot of bidders and a lot of attention to their eBay auctions. Congratulations to them. I am primarily a buyer. I have bought many single cards in the past from their eBay auctions and while I don't typically get a "deal" in the sense that the price is below market."

Tony,

No offense but I also bid on that auction and they CLEARLY show EVERY card in a photo in the description?!?!?!? Did you not scroll down to see EVERY card in the lot? They also say "nearly every card is a 6" in the description. I totally agree that the word "All" should NOT have been in the total but that is the only point I agree on here. I'm thinking since you were working a set that you did see all the other grades as they were laid out easy to see.

You are blaming them for 1 word that granted they should not have used but they explained everything in their description with clear photos.

Peace, Mike

Mike, I take no offense to your email. I made an oversight as well. I actually admitted that in my note to them. I took part of the blame but they took none. I was not asking them for or expecting a $500 discount. They could have provided free shipping, offer to re-list the 20 cards...something. They didn't make a reasonable attempt to rectify it with me, a collector - the market they used to cater to.
Old 11-22-2018, 08:59 AM
Scott Russell

Also from the description:

"This grouping comes from some of the very first PSA graded cards out there with nearly every card grading EXMT."

I'm no PWCC apologist, but the other problem is it's not their item to do with as they please, there is a consignor involved. They would either have to get the consignor's permission (which likely wouldn't happen) or issue you the partial refund and eat that amount when settling with the consignor.

A retail sale and a consignment sale are very different animals. They offered you a full refund, I don't understand how your trust was abused.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions

Last edited by Aquarian Sports Cards; 11-22-2018 at 09:00 AM.
Old 11-22-2018, 09:12 AM
Tony S.ti.ns.a
Tony Stins.a

Default ok, well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
Also from the description:

"This grouping comes from some of the very first PSA graded cards out there with nearly every card grading EXMT."

I'm no PWCC apologist, but the other problem is it's not their item to do with as they please, there is a consignor involved. They would either have to get the consignor's permission (which likely wouldn't happen) or issue you the partial refund and eat that amount when settling with the consignor.

A retail sale and a consignment sale are very different animals. They offered you a full refund, I don't understand how your trust was abused.
Thanks - I had not considered the consignor complication. I am not going to post anymore about it. But I'm not satisfied with the way this went. When a title and description are different, that's an error. PWCC stretched the truth on what "All" and "Nearly every" actually mean. "All" means 100% or "the whole amount, quantity, or extent of ". Nearly every in my book is no 70 out of 90.

In the end, it's my error as well. Caveat emptor.
Old 11-22-2018, 01:33 PM
Mike P.ap

Default I understand....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bram99 View Post
Mike, I take no offense to your email. I made an oversight as well. I actually admitted that in my note to them. I took part of the blame but they took none. I was not asking them for or expecting a $500 discount. They could have provided free shipping, offer to re-list the 20 cards...something. They didn't make a reasonable attempt to rectify it with me, a collector - the market they used to cater to.

Got it. I'd probably have felt a bit miffed also but if you needed the bulk of them I understand your dilemma. I agree that the customer service end could have been handled differently by at least throwing you something to appease you since you are a longtime buyer and there was certainly confusion caused by that one word "ALL".

Take care, Mike

Last edited by vthobby; 11-22-2018 at 01:34 PM.