NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-01-2003, 07:48 AM
Administrator

Default TICKET STUB FOR YANKEES/TWINS GAME 3

Posted By: Jay Miller 

I collect tickets from games Roger Clemens pitches in. If any of you are going to Game 3 in Minneapolis I would love to trade for/purchase your ticket stub(hopefully not ticketmaster). I have a stub to Game 1 in NY, etc.

Thanks--Jay

Old 10-01-2003, 09:49 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Lee Behrens

Hi Jay,

It looks like there is a very good chance I will be at game 3. Drop me an email.

Lee

Old 10-01-2003, 10:43 AM
Administrator

Posted By: runscott

Watching the twinkies, or 10 t206's in poor/fair condition. This is a no-brainer! ...unless you have a free ticket

Old 10-01-2003, 11:15 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

He doesn't go there for the game. He goes there to check out all the sexy hot dog and beer vendors.

Jay

Old 10-01-2003, 12:11 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Albie O'Hanian

When Clemens was with the Red Sox my goal was to watch him pitch in each American League park. However, once he became a Blue Jay that stopped for me. Jay - If you have any extra stubs you want to trade or sell to any 10+ K game with the Red Sox, I would be interested.

Old 10-01-2003, 12:53 PM
Administrator

only Astros and Rangers, but I saw him any time I had the chance. As luck would have it, he was on the road almost every time he hit a milestone, but he did toss one no-hitter while I lived in Arlington. I have the stub to prove it, but since then I have met approximately 3 million other people who were also at that game.

I have an interesting Red Sox ticket stub - I was at the game where Jose Canseco pitched for the Rangers at Fenway.

Old 10-01-2003, 02:21 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Hankron

Lee, if you go to the game, make sure you afterward get the ticket graded by PSA to make sure it's real. And pray oh pray that you get a Mint 10.

Old 10-01-2003, 02:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rich Jacobs

Jay:

I'm glad you'll at least get the ticket. It'll be for the last game the Yankees play this year, if they play like they played today.

That'll give the A's a freeway route right through Boston and into the World Series.

Old 10-01-2003, 03:50 PM
Administrator

I was thinking of putting some hotdog mustard on the stub to authenticate it, how could it not be real and a "10" with a little mustard. Jay,When Lohse pitches his no hitter against Clemens and the Yanks, the price goes up.

Game 1 to the Twins and we even pitched Rick Reed!!!!!!

Old 10-01-2003, 04:18 PM
Administrator

The use of UV light and a IR viewer can be used to quickly weed out fake mustards, and chromatography can be used to determine how long the mustard has been on the ticket. However, a sample of the mustard must be removed and destroyed for the later test-- how much depending if the chemist is about the make a sandwhich.

Off topic, there was a Texas county coroner who kept his sandwhiches and condiments in the same refrigerator that the bodies were stored. He also once lost the head to one of the bodies, had no idea where it went.

Old 10-01-2003, 05:12 PM
Administrator

They made head cheese from human heads in "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" (pronounced "Mass-a-cree"), so depending where in Texas this guy was coroning....

Old 10-01-2003, 05:14 PM
Administrator

but I'm an "anti-Yankee", so I guess it's okay. On the other hand, I would LOVE to see the Red Sox beat the Yanks to get to the World Series...maybe destroying Roger Clemens in Game 7

Old 10-01-2003, 05:16 PM
Administrator

Clemens did not exactly behave well in his last Fenway Park appearance - the fans were screaming for him and he had to basically be shoved out of the dug-out by some of the Yankees after he exited the game. Real lack of class, but all the fans saw was that he eventually showed himself. Better than Ted Williams, but not by much.

Old 10-01-2003, 05:49 PM
Administrator

Face it, Scott. The Hankron record for conscutive posts wasn't made to be broken. Even those who have tried have hit the wall and started having halucinations by post four.

Old 10-01-2003, 06:05 PM
Administrator

...and was about to go for three more!

Old 10-01-2003, 07:38 PM
Administrator

Posted By: brian p

My one and only Fenway Park visit was in 1987 and Roger Clemens was pitching. I really enjoyed soaking in the atmosphere of the old ballpark, and wasn't closely scrutinizing the game. Someone told me later, which completely escaped me at the time, that I had witnessed a complete game by Clemens with NO strikeouts.

Any of you Clemens fans out there know if such a game exists, or was I led astray by some mean-spirited joker of a friend? Are there any other times when he had a complete game with no strikeouts? And wasn't 1987 also the year he had 20 strikeouts in a game?

(By the way, I don't have the ticket stub)

Brian

Old 10-01-2003, 08:26 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Albie O'Hanian

Brian - I remember listening to that game on the radio. It was against the Angels. 1986 was the year Clemens struck out 20. In 87 he held out, struggled early in the season and than pitched really well after the all-star break.

Old 10-06-2003, 10:36 AM
Administrator

As you all probably know by now, Roger was great and the Twins couldn't get going, nothing to cheer about, took the crowd right out of the game. The fate of the year rests on Johan.

I was able to get 4 ticket stubs, Jay is getting 2 and I am going to get greedy and see how much I can get for Clemens last win for the other 2 on ebay.

Any bids as to how much I will get if any for the stubs. i will start it at .99 with $2.00 S/H.
I am always amazed at what and how much Yankee fans pay for stuff.

Lee

Old 10-06-2003, 12:50 PM
Administrator

Ironically, the ticket would likely be worth more, if Clemens pitched poorly and it turned out to be his last game.

Old 10-06-2003, 10:54 PM
Administrator

Posted By: BROOKS

HEY LEE, YOU NEED TO GET BOTH A GAME THREE AND GAME FOUR TICKETS AND SANDWICH THEM AROUND SOME CREAM FILLING TO MAKE A REAL AUTHENTIC TWINKEE GAME STUB. LIKE I SAID EARLIER .."BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR".....OH WELL NOW THAT YOU HAVE YOUR HANKIES READY YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO WIPE THE TEARS AWAY <LOL>......P.S. GREAT LEFT FIELDER THE TWINS HAVE, HE WILL LOOK GREAT IN PINSTRIPES NEXT YEAR...............REGARDS BROOKS

Old 10-09-2003, 06:21 PM
Administrator

I guess I should have started looking in the garabage for more stubs. I listed my game 3 ALDS game stub last night, already more than I expected to get.

Here's your chance to own a part of history.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2758145554&category=50132&rd=1

Old 10-12-2003, 01:52 AM
Administrator

It cost me $1 to see the Game, UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!