NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section103 View Post
One ticky tacky thing I would do would be to move up the Post War Discussion board on the home page so that its in the same section with the Pre War Discussion board and Memorabilia page.

I feel like the Post War board gets lost way down there and that ultimately impedes traffic and growth of that board. I know there is an emphasis on this being a PRE War board, but I think separating the POST War board from stuff like Modern and Golf would put an nice in-between step to help emphasize VINTAGE.
I agree and think this is a good suggestion. Right now the postwar forum is listed below the "watercooler - off topic forum".

Sure, many users just click the "view new posts" link, but it wouldn't hurt to group the postwar, modern, and other sports forums a little higher on the main page for visibility and (hopefully) increased traffic to those areas.
Old 05-27-2017, 04:45 PM
Jimmy Knowle$

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagerookies51 View Post
I was going to say nothing, but I like the idea of some kind of feedback system. I think the large majority of members are solid, trustworthy people and I've never had any problems but it wouldn't hurt
I don't know how many purchases or sells I've done on here (probably 100 or so) but I have never had a problem or issue on here. Even with the prevailing PP FF payment option.

This site seems like the adult site... compared, say, to Blowout.com.

I buy and sell here at ease. No worries.

I have made friends across the country on here (Seattle to Boca Raton) and have learned so much information - especially in the T206 area.

Honestly, I have no suggested inprovements to list.

Last edited by xplainer; 05-27-2017 at 04:51 PM.
Old 05-27-2017, 05:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianp-beme View Post
The cricket section is the area where the sound of crickets are heard.

I would get rid of me just because of this pointless comment.

Brian
lol...Leon tried telling me theres not enough demand for photos so itd be better to keep the cricket card section..lol...yaaaaaaa right
Old 05-27-2017, 05:17 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section103 View Post
I wouldnt change much at all. If it aint broke dont fix it, indeed.

One ticky tacky thing I would do would be to move up the Post War Discussion board on the home page so that its in the same section with the Pre War Discussion board and Memorabilia page.

I feel like the Post War board gets lost way down there and that ultimately impedes traffic and growth of that board. I know there is an emphasis on this being a PRE War board, but I think separating the POST War board from stuff like Modern and Golf would put an nice in-between step to help emphasize VINTAGE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
The first board should be called General Discussion, the second Pre War, the third Post War. So when you post a general interest comment on the first board the self appointed policing force doesn't get anguished that you are not taking about T cards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushihotwings View Post
I like this. Also, with the growing interest and popularity of basketball and hockey, it would be nice to have their own sections in my opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CW View Post
I agree and think this is a good suggestion. Right now the postwar forum is listed below the "watercooler - off topic forum".

Sure, many users just click the "view new posts" link, but it wouldn't hurt to group the postwar, modern, and other sports forums a little higher on the main page for visibility and (hopefully) increased traffic to those areas.
I have highlighted the things I agree with, and to be honest, when I first joined this site, I was confused where the home page was?

I also always wondered why Post War was way below, under the water cooler section. Always thought, as was suggested, it should be up top as well. I also think the water cooler sections should be at the bottom.

Also, and I am not sure how easy this is, or any of it for that matter, but I get frustrated when members are talking about card and/or memorabilia at certain auction houses but they don't link the site. If it is possible, it would be great to have those links somewhere available just so one could see all the current auctions that are beginning or already in progress.

Other than those, I don't have anything. I like the site and certainly wouldn't complain to Leon about any of them, but as suggestions, I personally think these would be great improvements or upgrades.
Old 05-27-2017, 05:37 PM
pete ullman

The top 10 posters(# of total posts) as of right now should make up the board of directors...and by majority vote...should be allowed to make any changes to the board they see fit!
Old 05-27-2017, 05:42 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Net54 is by far my favorite place on the internet. It is absolutely great! Any tweaks I can think of would be nitpicky at best.
Old 05-27-2017, 05:54 PM
S Gross

If I owned the forum, I would ...................

SelfPort2.jpg
Old 05-27-2017, 06:00 PM
Rich.ard Dwy.er

Default Here is a can of worms....If I owned the forum I would....

I would get rid of the can of worms. Not really appropriate here. But I'm sure there will be a couple who disagree.
Old 05-27-2017, 06:10 PM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMayUSA6060 View Post

3. Allow political talk.
I don't even want to know anyone's political persuasion, much less talk about it.
Old 05-27-2017, 07:16 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagerookies51 View Post
I was going to say nothing, but I like the idea of some kind of feedback system. I think the large majority of members are solid, trustworthy people and I've never had any problems but it wouldn't hurt
This. Some kind of system where we can leave comments. Every transaction I've made on this site has been smooth and relatively easy. But it would be nice to know others had a good experience with someone I don't know but am considering doing business with.
Old 05-27-2017, 07:26 PM
Glenn
Glen.n Sch.ey-d

Two things come to mind.

1. I would have a separate BST page for unique (i.e., one-of-a-kind) cards and keep a running list of unique cards sought (with links to contact the interested buyer/trader) and unique cards offered and a list of successful white whale captures facilitated by the page.

2. I would, and I'd have done this quite a few years ago, have banned Ted Z. for repeatedly harassing younger members of the forum and anyone else who disagrees with him and points out his mistakes.

Glenn Scheyd
Old 05-27-2017, 07:58 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

canofworms.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 05-27-2017, 08:57 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
The first board should be called General Discussion, the second Pre War, the third Post War. So when you post a general interest comment on the first board the self appointed policing force doesn't get anguished that you are not taking about T cards.
I can agree with with not hiding the post war also.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.
Old 05-27-2017, 09:04 PM
Adam B

The only way I could imagine this forum being any better would be an annual grading contest.

Granted Ive only been around for a couple months so if this already takes place I apologize🍻👯🍕
Old 05-27-2017, 09:35 PM
David Sims

A feedback system would be nice for new members. Additionally if you want to grow I would stay away from modern cards as there are several forums who already fight for members. The one thing I have yet to find is a solid forum for autographed memorabilia. I know we have a section which handles it, but if pushed I think would grow quickly.
Old 05-27-2017, 09:59 PM
Phillip Abbott
Banned

Make a shill section
Make an EBay complaint section
Ban the people that say Doug Allen and Mastro more than 1 time a day or make a section just for them as well.

Last edited by PhillipAbbott79; 05-27-2017 at 09:59 PM.
Old 05-27-2017, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
Ban everyone.
Cept Mr. Seinfeld, Mr.Crosy, Stills, Nash & Present Company!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I am waiting to see how says anything negative and they will all be summarily banned. This is really just a set up.

How can you not be in a good mood listening to this as we chat on the board?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBmeOgBdBzg
Love it Sir! Cept BeiN a Sailor i'm partial to dis overture:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw9gLjEGJrw

Also, Pick'd dis Beauty uP The Last Time These Gents Play'd iN Austin, Tx

And ta Finish Your Thoughtful Fill iN da Blank Question:

imho, Absolutely No BST on the * MAIN "PREWAR" BOARD *

Other THaN THaT...
You are All An AmaziN BRiLLiNT Boiling Pot of Diversity!
And ComiN Hear Day iN & Day Out has BeeN All my Pleasure..."TRuLy" ~

Certainly a Community of individuals who have come on their own accord
And doze who have stood the test of time "Get it", And doze who have left wit their conscience in tact...(or NoT )
I'm Sure Have Found Others to Incriminate elsewhere!

As Always my Friends...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CSN_A.jpg (75.1 KB, 385 views)
Old 05-28-2017, 12:36 AM
Keith
ke.ith tem.ple

Default Let Leon run the thing, business as usual it's all good....

More T-shirts! Mine are looking pretty sad (or is it just me and taco tuesday)

Less structure and rules are like pork chops. Pork chops is good.
...whatever I want
Old 05-28-2017, 12:44 AM
Bob Davies

Have Buyers, Sellers, and Traders in their own sections. When I'm looking to buy something, or looking to move something, I can do such with more focus.
Old 05-28-2017, 12:47 AM
Bob Davies

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcy View Post
I don't even want to know anyone's political persuasion, much less talk about it.
4. Religious discussion

(JK... )
Old 05-28-2017, 01:31 AM
Jay Cee

Agreed, would like to see more promo items like Net54 tee shirts and a different National pin every year.

Two other topics I see brought up each year are.

When someone passes away, it might be nice to have a special section (or moved there after a specific time period on the main board)

Lost/stolen section. Would be nice to have for easy reference on items.
Old 05-28-2017, 06:25 AM
Scott
Scott All.en

If I owned the forum I would...run more ads - a lot more ads. Then I'd make more money. Then I'd find a beautiful mistress who was only interested in me for my money. Then my wife would find out and she'd divorce me and take half my money. Then my beautiful mistress would dump me. Then I'd be miserable and wish I'd never run more ads.
Old 05-28-2017, 06:41 AM
St3phen M@rchillo

I'm pretty new to the forum but I would create a paid membership. Not a lot of money. Maybe $20 year. With that membership I'd offer perks. Maybe try to get SGC or PSA on board for members only rates for card grading. Maybe other perks as well. The key is the site is still completely free for anyone but the perks are available for paid members.
Old 05-28-2017, 06:45 AM
M@rk Comer

Default Forum

If I owned the forum I would put the Brooks Robinson and Orioles Forums right at the top (why is it not there now just goes to show you improvement is definitely needed) and would require members to post "positive" comments and great pictures. Also, may require to sell stuff to me on the cheap...

Also, maybe set up a friend system where the smart people would teach the not so smart people (me) how to navigate and post great pictures, at the right size, each and every time.

Leon, man you need to step it up (this is the stuff right off the top of my head). Just imagine all the other great ideas I may or may not have.
Old 05-28-2017, 06:56 AM
Sc0tt Sp@id

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis13 View Post
3). You all do a great job of flagging auctions, but perhaps from a rev perspective building an auction scanner of some sort may be $$$$$ beneficial to net54. So Net54 member says "I am looking for the following 10 cards" and all the auction houses that sponsor Leon's site have their auctions able to be parsed over by a computer code that alerts the Net54 member to his wishlist being sold at REA or Heritage or some really sort of esoteric auction that he may otherwise miss. This would only work for people that advertise here, so it's pay to play, but the hit rate would be higher because we are actionable buyers for the most part. So beneficial for auctioneers, buyers and site owner. I know this already "exists" but why not incorporate it somehow and monetize a bit for your personal good?
The Trivago of sports collectibles auctions exclusively found on Net54. Brilliant! Where do I log in to pay for my new $12/mo Platinum Membership? Because I would join in a heartbeat.
Old 05-28-2017, 06:59 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

MaKe dEnny uSe proPer Capitalization.

Prohibit all flame wars and personal attacks and enforce it hard. It drives away a lot of really good people who aren't into being personally attacked. There is no reason for members to treat one another disrespectfully. Even a dive bar makes you take it outside.

No politics or religion. You want to call Donald Trump a c***sucker, no matter how justified, go to Facebook.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 05-28-2017, 07:00 AM
Al Richter

"The other day I got out my can opener and started to open a can of worms, but then thought, hey, what I doing"....Jack Handey
Old 05-28-2017, 07:11 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmondobueno View Post
More T-shirts! Mine are looking pretty sad (or is it just me and taco tuesday)

Less structure and rules are like pork chops. Pork chops is good.
I agree with this. My Net54 T-shirts are also starting to look pretty beat up and I like pork chops.
Old 05-28-2017, 07:18 AM
bi11h00d

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard38 View Post
I'd make thumbs up and thumbs down tabs so we wouldn't have to make an entire post just to type +1.
+1

I always appreciate reading a well thought out informative post. So in return I'd like to somehow thank that poster for their efforts without adding clutter to the board. A simple +1 or thanks or thumbs up, etc. button would be nice.
Old 05-28-2017, 07:44 AM
Keith
ke.ith tem.ple

Quote:
Originally Posted by prof_plum View Post
+1

i always appreciate reading a well thought out informative post. So in return i'd like to somehow thank that poster for their efforts without adding clutter to the board. A simple +1 or thanks or thumbs up, etc. Button would be nice.
👍⚾️🤑😎✌️
...whatever I want
Old 05-28-2017, 08:02 AM

Outlaw the personal attacks or, better yet, start a separate section for personal attacks. That way we don't have to deal with it in the original thread. It would be like the good old days - "if you two can't get along, take it outside into the parking lot."

Rob M
Old 05-28-2017, 08:45 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramram View Post
Outlaw the personal attacks or, better yet, start a separate section for personal attacks. That way we don't have to deal with it in the original thread. It would be like the good old days - "if you two can't get along, take it outside into the parking lot."

Rob M
Not saying it's a bad idea, but if there was a Net54 parking lot, we might need to have a physician on call.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 05-28-2017, 08:55 AM
Al Richter

Or a MASH unit
Old 05-28-2017, 08:55 AM
Anthøny N. ex

Create a section for the best threads of all time, so I don't have to do a long search when I need to relive The Bruces suing themselves.
Old 05-28-2017, 09:36 AM
Bob Donaldson

Thicken up my skin.

Seriously, perhaps introduce a "time out" or "penalty box". When two guys start going at it back and forth or someone is being a bit of a jerk, they would be unable to post for two weeks. During that time they would hopefully cool off and realize this is a hobby and should be fun.
Old 05-28-2017, 10:49 AM
Scott ku.rtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaidly View Post
The Trivago of sports collectibles auctions exclusively found on Net54. Brilliant! Where do I log in to pay for my new $12/mo Platinum Membership? Because I would join in a heartbeat.
Not sure if joking or serious, but ideally free to us, because we buy so much collectively. This audience is very valuable to auctioneers. They pay and he just has a matching system to our wish list to create an alert.
Old 05-28-2017, 10:58 AM
Max Jackson

I apologize if there is a way to do this already, but I would love to get alerted when someone replies to one of my comments in a thread.

Also I cant see my sent messages is that normal or is there a trick to checking them. If that is not possible I would love for that to be a feature too

To clarify about the sent messages I can select them in the message section but the area is empty

Always looking for oddball Larry Doyle items.

Collecting New York Nationals in most Pre War sets. Especially t206 Non-Piedmont and non-sweet caporal backs.

Last edited by Maxjacks; 05-28-2017 at 11:13 AM.
Old 05-28-2017, 11:44 AM
thomas c killeen

Default Pictures

Try to find an easier way to upload pics!
Old 05-28-2017, 12:43 PM

1) Agree that pic uploads could be easier.

2) Search function could be dramatically improved.

3) I don't understand all the OT threads. If it is OT then put it in the Watercooler.

4) Miss Wonka's posts, would like to see him back.

5) Not sure about this one but maybe consider a section just on Ebay complaints. I agree with many of them but it does get very tiresome, especially when the complaints are the same or about someone's BIN prices or how they respond to best offers.

6) Still a few members who bump their BST threads too frequently.

7) I would like to see members reprimanded for hazing new or young members who have simply ask a naïve question. After many years I'll never forget the member who tried to harass/intimidate me when I asked a question he didn't like instead of helping or just ignoring me.

8) I know this may not interest most members but I would like a section just on photo id. Some of us collect more obscure teams and players and it would be nice to have a forum for this since it is probably not of general interest to the board.

9) Glad there is less political or religious posts. It oozes in every now and then by a few in particular but grateful it is mostly under control.
Old 05-28-2017, 12:47 PM
Sc0tt Sp@id

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis13 View Post
Not sure if joking or serious, but ideally free to us, because we buy so much collectively. This audience is very valuable to auctioneers. They pay and he just has a matching system to our wish list to create an alert.

I am serious and would prefer a no cost/free option, too. There would be development costs for Leon unless each AH pitches in to cover the nut, which would be like herding cats. Maybe a gofundme approach would get it done. I dunno but there would be at least 150 hours of programming work that would need to be done to tap into each AH's API (if they have one) and present the data in a meaningful and accurate way. Each AH would be a mini project in itself because they are all different and this assumes they want to provide the data feed in the first place. Love the idea but needs funding as nobody programs for free unless Leon is a closet coder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-28-2017, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUM301 View Post
Of course, an official "Net54" 12 month calendar featuring pictures submitted by members "significant others". Everyone knows sites like ours attract all the best beefcake. We`d sell 1000`s ................................... !
Actually, it might be cool to have a Net54 calendar that featured a member's card (or group of cards) each month. Maybe have a contest or voting thread to determine which cards gets featured each month.

For example, for the first year we could have a thread where each member submits their favorite card. Then we have a thread where members vote for their 3 favorite cards from the thread and the top 12 vote getters are featured in the calendar.

To provide diversity, each month could be designated for a certain set or style of cards (E cards, T cards, N cards, etc.). Portions from the sales of the calendars could go to a certain charity or charities. Leon (hi, Leon ) could sell them in his booth at the National.
Old 05-28-2017, 01:49 PM
D0NN1E B

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombocombo View Post
+1.
Old 05-28-2017, 02:30 PM
C0nor D0na.hue

Quote:
Originally Posted by celoknob View Post
1) Agree that pic uploads could be easier.

2) Search function could be dramatically improved.

3) I don't understand all the OT threads. If it is OT then put it in the Watercooler.

5) Not sure about this one but maybe consider a section just on Ebay complaints. I agree with many of them but it does get very tiresome, especially when the complaints are the same or about someone's BIN prices or how they respond to best offers.

7) I would like to see members reprimanded for hazing new or young members who have simply ask a naïve question. After many years I'll never forget the member who tried to harass/intimidate me when I asked a question he didn't like instead of helping or just ignoring me.

8) I know this may not interest most members but I would like a section just on photo id. Some of us collect more obscure teams and players and it would be nice to have a forum for this since it is probably not of general interest to the board.

9) Glad there is less political or religious posts. It oozes in every now and then by a few in particular but grateful it is mostly under control.
I agree with every one of these.

With regards to eBay, I think it should just be a general eBay section with questions, complaints, rants, notifications, etc. Sometimes I feel like at any given time eBay related posts make up 25% of the front page.

I also like the idea of sanctions against bullying. New members can't possibly be expected to use the (less than stellar) search function before asking questions that have undoubtedly been answered previous to them joining. This hobby can't afford to alienate enthusiasm.

Last edited by conor912; 05-28-2017 at 02:40 PM.
Old 05-28-2017, 03:20 PM
Rich Klein

2) Search function could be dramatically improved. Agreed on this one.

Leon has stated that if a person is usually on point and is a good contributor, they get a slight leeway in this. And sometimes the OT posts leads to other good discussions. I'm fine with an OT post now and then (and I have done a couple myself)

Agreed -- and I also miss Jim Crandell's posts and I wish we could have Bruce back for some of his posts. When Bruce was on point he was great I'd love to see Jim B too and it's always great to see archives to see some of their posts

9) Glad there is less political or religious posts. It oozes in every now and then by a few in particular but grateful it is mostly under control. L

Leon and I have talked about this on many occasions. The less political or religious posts on any board the better. To me, the only religious posts should be about celebrating Christmas, Easter, Ramadan, Rosh Hashanah, etc. And political posts should be -- even more limited.

And one of mine -- I know Leon is not a big fan of "stickie" posts but I think a couple of them would be nice. One would be the new member introduction. Many boards do that before you can post on other topics. I'm in favor of the new member intros and think that should be adopted as a sticky.
Old 05-28-2017, 04:56 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombocombo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineer1999 View Post
+1.
This isn't a slam towards you guys, but I find this site one of the easier ones to upload pics to.

I upload from my camera, they get saved in a picture folder, I go into folder, edit pic to make it 50% smaller, on exit I hit save. From there, I go back in, right click on my pic, choose "send to" to which I send to "My documents" From there, I click on leon's "Manage Attachments" right below every post you start or participate in, click "choose file" click "documents on the left side, click on the pic, click open, click Leon's upload, close window, submit reply.

Maybe this seems like a lot, but I honestly don't know anyway quicker nor easier, and besides, once you get use to it, it takes no time at all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 020.jpg (64.7 KB, 431 views)
Old 05-28-2017, 05:07 PM
Scott ku.rtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaidly View Post
I am serious and would prefer a no cost/free option, too. There would be development costs for Leon unless each AH pitches in to cover the nut, which would be like herding cats. Maybe a gofundme approach would get it done. I dunno but there would be at least 150 hours of programming work that would need to be done to tap into each AH's API (if they have one) and present the data in a meaningful and accurate way. Each AH would be a mini project in itself because they are all different and this assumes they want to provide the data feed in the first place. Love the idea but needs funding as nobody programs for free unless Leon is a closet coder.
If an auction house agrees to fund it, they take 1% of all revs in perpetuity on the platform. Sell equity in the functionality.

Last edited by Tennis13; 05-28-2017 at 05:09 PM.
Old 05-28-2017, 06:01 PM
Bill Boyd

Have an annual "cards for orphans" charity. These kids do not have parents to buy them cards, but these orphans like baseball too. The cards may create some excitement for them. Just a passing thought.
Old 05-28-2017, 06:05 PM
David Sims

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
This isn't a slam towards you guys, but I find this site one of the easier ones to upload pics to.

I upload from my camera, they get saved in a picture folder, I go into folder, edit pic to make it 50% smaller, on exit I hit save. From there, I go back in, right click on my pic, choose "send to" to which I send to "My documents" From there, I click on leon's "Manage Attachments" right below every post you start or participate in, click "choose file" click "documents on the left side, click on the pic, click open, click Leon's upload, close window, submit reply.

Maybe this seems like a lot, but I honestly don't know anyway quicker nor easier, and besides, once you get use to it, it takes no time at all.

Completely agree with the easy to upload pictures.
Old 05-28-2017, 06:11 PM
David Sims

Kind of combining a few ideas. Tiered memberships. Bronze ($10 a year) gives you access to autograph/grade opinions from Leon and other trusted members. Silver ($25 a year) gives you bronze access plus group grading specials. Gold ($50 a year) gives you bronze, silver, and VCP. Maybe throw in one of the levels the ability for a couple of mods to be intermediates in highend trades where the members do not feel comfortable shipping directly to each other.
Old 05-28-2017, 09:15 PM
Joh.n Spen.cer

Endless quantities of top shelf champagne, raw oysters, caviar, Beef Wellington and Baked Alaska served by scantily clad hostesses at the Net54 National dinner. All to be paid for by members who made obscene profits last year selling their Clemente, Koufax and Rose rookie cards. You know who you are.
Closed Thread