NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-20-2014, 05:14 PM

Default Nashville Volunteers 1956 Signed baseball

Hoping a few of you seasoned folks would guide me to know what to do with 2 signed baseballs I have just found hiding in my dad's things that have been stored in my basement for a long time. I have had no luck just generally searching on line. I am looking at a 1956 ball that seems to be in mint condition with over 20 signatures on it. I have no idea where to start as far as value or attempting to sell. Thanks for any advise!
Old 03-20-2014, 05:43 PM
Skip

Depending on the players, and the quality of the signatures would determine value. Could you list the names, or provide an image?

Last edited by Nashvol; 03-20-2014 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Spelling correction
Old 03-20-2014, 06:44 PM
Scott Ti3k

1956 Nashville Volunteers roster according to Baseballreference.com

James Atkins
Frank Baldwin
Matt Batts
Rick Botelho
Jimmy Bragan
John Brechin
Ralph Brown
Tommy Brown
Jerry Davis
Bob Duretto
Bobby Durnbaugh
Jim Dyck
Lefty Hayden
Neal Hertweck
Stan Hollmig
Cal Howe
Cal Humphreys
Bob Kelly
Dick Kokos
Ken Landenberger
Michael Lutz
Roy Pardue
Charlie Rabe
Jack Roberts
Don Robertson
George Schmees
Keith Schmidt
Bob Schultz
Sonny Senerchia
Frank Smith
Larry Taylor
Bill Upton
Billy Werber
Charles Williams

And the manager was Ernie White.

Last edited by cardsfan73; 03-20-2014 at 06:46 PM.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:50 AM
JeR@Me

Default Nash items

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashvillegirl View Post
Hoping a few of you seasoned folks would guide me to know what to do with 2 signed baseballs I have just found hiding in my dad's things that have been stored in my basement for a long time. I have had no luck just generally searching on line. I am looking at a 1956 ball that seems to be in mint condition with over 20 signatures on it. I have no idea where to start as far as value or attempting to sell. Thanks for any advise!

Nash Girl - A couple of options for you. Nat'l Auction House or Ebay. For a regional item like what you have, I think Ebay would be your best option to sell the balls. I would list the entire teams names on the auction listing, then try to list the 20 names on the ball as well. You should sell them separately as well. I think you would realize most from an ebay listing.

Tags
1956 ball, nashville vols