NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Everything Else, Football, Non-Sports etc.. B/S/T

Old 05-19-2012, 11:09 AM
George

Default Advice on movie posters, promo items

Hi, I wasn't sure where else to post this thread so figured I would post it here. When I was in college, I worked at a movie theater. It was one of the best jobs for a college kid who needed some $ and time to study (weekdays were very slow). Anyway, we would receive several of the movie posters directly from National Screen Service Group and others. When new movies would come in the employees would have the opportunity to pick up the older movie posters, stand-up posters etc.

I had forgotten about these posters until I was back at my parent's house helping them clean out their basement. I really don't know if any of these posters have value or not but figured I'd post here to see if anyone has suggestions of what I should do with these items and if they hold any value. All of the movies are from the mid to late 90's.

- 100 movie posters (Star Wars Trilogy, When We Were Kings, Austin Powers, Conspiracy Theory, Twister and then a bunch of other random movies)
- Titanic preview movie reel (I have to find this but I have it)
- Large stand-up posters (these are pretty cool and have the additional cardboard graphics and associated slots to keep it up)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated...thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 1.jpg (43.9 KB, 103 views)
File Type: jpg photo 3.jpg (40.5 KB, 103 views)
File Type: jpg photo 4.jpg (42.9 KB, 103 views)
File Type: jpg photo 5.jpg (47.3 KB, 103 views)
Old 05-21-2012, 10:06 PM
Ty

Default movie posters

Hey, cool find. Some modern posters hold a little bit of value but the difficulty comes in selling them and making any money. Off the top of my head some of the best modern ones are jurassic park and nightmare before christmas and if you have an lenticular posters(3d). there are movie poster auction sites like emovieposter.com and ha.com but you wouldn't make much through them. emovieposter is a great site but to make it worth the trouble they would take probably 70% of the sale price for items selling under 15 bucks. Heritage Auctions probably wouldn't even accept most of them. I've never used them but you could look into movieposterbid.com. selling them in lots on ebay might be your best bet either way. If you have a complete list I might be able to save you some time by buying some if you have some I might be looking for. email me if you get a list together and we can worry about pictures later. poppenhousetm@hotmail.com
Old 05-21-2012, 11:48 PM
J@son M1ller

also, one of the most important things with modern posters are condition. Unfortunately, yours do not appear to be in great condition. Because there were so many copies of modern posters, the condition is more of a factor than with vintage posters (where it also matters). I'm not going to say they don't have any value but I would say limited value based on the pictures you posted.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:23 AM
George

Hi Guys,
Thanks so much for the excellent information! I actually had another member recommend emovieposter.com and after researching them, HA and movieposterbid.com I have decided on emovieposter.com. Their fees are high however they are likely to sell a bunch of the items as a bulk lot to reduce overall cost.

Poppenhouse, I'll send you a list of the posters that I have in inventory.

Jason, that's an excellent point on condition. Overall, they are in VG + condition with some much better and a few worse. The images which I included are that of oversized 'standees' not actual posters.

If anyone is interested in buying the standees, send me a PM. I'll give you a good deal. Local pick up only either in Vermont or Boston (too expensive to ship). Thanks.

George