NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-09-2023, 05:45 AM
Jeff Weisenberg

Default OT Help identifying basketball?

I have a customer that has 20 or so of these. They are black and thick pretty thick cardboard. They appear to be cut from a box or something like that. The size varies from 2x2 to 3x2 to 4x2 or so.

Old 01-09-2023, 02:54 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Those are indeed cuts from a box. Called the "1969 NBAP Member" cards by PSA. Per PSA:

"The 1969 NBAP Members basketball set, once again, break from the norm and measure approximately 2-3/4” by 4-1/2”, though variations in size may appear. Each card features a black-and-white photo of the player in-action on the court, or posed before a blank background surrounded by a light blue border with the player’s name and N.B.A.P. member printed in black at the bottom. Because the cards don’t display the NBA logo, it is assumed that the league may not have sanctioned the set and the cards were potentially hand-cut from basketball shoeboxes such as Converse. These unnumbered, blank-backed cards may have been distributed in the early 1970s as it includes Kareem Abdul Jabbar, but also Bill Russell, who retired after the 1968-69 season. This relatively unattractive, but scarce 20-card set (though more may surface) is anchored by the likes of Hall of Famers Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Wilt Chamberlain, John Havlicek, Oscar Robertson, Bill Russell and Jerry West among others."

The Chamberlain is supposed to look like this:

They are pretty hard to find. The ones shown are really hacked up (no better than "A" grade) but still valuable. Last one looks like Len Wilkens.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 01-09-2023 at 02:57 PM.
Old 01-10-2023, 09:16 AM
octavio ranzola

Default i own

some rare basketball adam hi are these tuff ??
Old 01-10-2023, 09:31 AM
Bobw

Found these online

https://www.postwarcards.com/1969-nb...and-checklist/

Last edited by bobw; 01-10-2023 at 09:33 AM. Reason: added link
Old 01-10-2023, 09:32 AM
Darrell

Default 1969 NBAPs

[QUOTE=Exhibitman;2302611]Those are indeed cuts from a box. Called the "1969 NBAP Member" cards by PSA. Per PSA:

Those are (cut way down) NBAPs indeed .... I have had several and still kept a few graded from SGC ... they are indeed rare .. I auctioned off a few a couple years ago ..

Supposedly cut from shoebox but I have also heard from an actual basketball box ... many HOFs ... couple folks at the national and I talked about them this past year national...

thanks
Old 01-10-2023, 12:10 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

They're not easy. Been looking to add a Chamberlain to my collection for some time.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 02-12-2023, 03:06 PM
Jeff Weisenberg

Default 1969 nbap

The (16) NBAP cards I have are going up for auction tonight for 1 week on Ebay. My user id is NATCARD. They start tonight at about 10pm. Jeff W
Old 02-13-2023, 08:09 AM
Dan Bretta

That box was mine. I obtained it at a local auction without a basketball in it for just a few bucks. I kept it intact for a few years and tried to sell it as is. I had no takers. I came home one day and found the box on the floor with my cat inside it. He had torn a few of the cards so I cut the cards out and sent them all to PSA. For reasons I don’t know PSA graded about half the cards as Authentic and gave number grades to the other half.