NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 01-11-2010, 08:30 AM
Scott

Default OMG. horrible forgery seller.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I just reported that ball. ALL his items are bad, and w an unacceptable authenticator. I reported that as well. Ebay needs to get their act together. Id say.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:34 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

WOW...that is bad!
1955 Dodger Autographs...40/43
1934 Gas House Gang Autographs...Complete
1969 Cubs Autographs...Black Cat ticket plus 30/50
1960 Pirates autographs...Complete
1961 Yankees autographs...Complete
1971-1975 A's Playoff/WS roster autos...Complete
Old 01-11-2010, 09:20 AM
Scott

EVERYTHING he has is fake. A Rod looked like he "signed" in the middle of a stroke. just horrible.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:02 AM

That's a terrible fake Jeter! Look how many bidders (16!!)- what a shame that people are so easily duped........
Old 01-11-2010, 10:02 AM
Weingarten's Vintage

Default hahaha

Those are some of the worst I have ever seen....it would be better if they didn't even looked at what the real one looked like and signed it with block letters.
Ebay does nothing anymore...

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection

Last edited by Forever Young; 01-11-2010 at 10:03 AM.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:30 AM
Scott

Nice Peyton Manning ball too. FAKE OR NOT..YOU CANT EVEN SEE THE AUTOGRAPH!!!!!!!!!!!

Ebay needs to police things better. Spend some of their mucho dinero and hire someone qualified to look at listings of autographs specifically for this reason. Tom Tresh 2 videos and the members of Net 54 and other people can only do so much. Idiots buy and Idiots sell too, when it comes to this garbage.

If ebay allows ANY of these guys autographs to be sold, then they have NO right to comment when they pull any autograph.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:41 AM
Paul

What about the quality Brett Farve. What a joke!!!
Old 01-11-2010, 02:17 PM

Here's an article I found when I Googled Stan's Sports Memorabilia.

dh

Friday, October 08, 2004
Stan's Sports Memorabilia Faces The Music
Here is an article from eSCD regarding the forgery mill, Stan's Sports. It saddens me to think about all the people that have "treasures" framed on their walls with no idea they are fake. As the article indicates, Stan's is responsible for selling up to $7 million in forgeries... that's a lot of fake autographs sitting in collections.

I'd love to see Stan and his whole crooked family rot in jail.

GUILTY PLEAS ENTERED IN FORGERY CASE
A prominent purveyor of fake autographs is close to facing justice as the Fitzgerald family – Stan, his wife Donna and mother Josephine – pled guilty Sept. 30 to felony charges stemming from the sale of forged sports memorabilia. The Fitzgeralds, from Caldwell, N.J., and operators of Stan’s Sports Memorabilia during the 1990s, pled guilty to the charges in San Diego federal court, home of the FBI’s Operation Bullpen investigation, which has been overseen by San Diego-based FBI agent Tim Fitzsimmons.

The Fitzgeralds were charged four and a half years after Bullpen’s primary raids shut down their business and more than 50 others on Oct. 13, 1999. For a variety of reasons – among them the work-flow crunch on federal prosecutors – the Fitzgeralds almost “walked” despite almost five years of fake-autograph sales and anywhere from $2.5 million to $7 million in fake-autograph revenue, as a five-year statute of limitations loomed this month. But assistant U.S. attorney Melanie Pierson was able to get charges filed in April.

Stan Fitzgerald, 37, pled guilty to conspiring to commit mail fraud. Because of the dollar amount involved, he faces a federal guidelines recommendation of 70-87 months in jail, along with a fine. Donna Fitzgerald, also 37, pled guilty to aiding and abetting tax evasion, admitting she failed to declare $100,000 in income from the sale of counterfeit memorabilia. She faces a recommended 12-18 months in jail. Josephine Fitzgerald, 61, pled guilty to assisting the preparation of false tax returns with federal guidelines recommending 10-16 months in jail.

Sentencing is set for Jan. 10, and Judge Larry Burns made it clear the sentencing judge does not need to follow the guidelines. “He may follow the recommendation, he may listen to your counsel, he may listen to Ms. Pierson, but he’s not bound to do that,” Judge Burns said. It’s very possible that each of their sentences could be lighter than even the lowest recommendation jail term, especially for each woman.

Unfortunately for collectors, while assets seized from the Fitzgeralds were valued in an FBI press release at more than $2 million, only $19,326 in restitution was ordered. At this point, the restitution will only be available to the seven victims who assisted Fitzsimmons and Pierson during this specific investigation and, according to Pierson, have items the FBI has been able to confirm were forgeries. In other words, there will very likely not be a method of applying for restitution for those victims who are not contacted by the court, although Pierson suggested collectors who believe they have a claim for restitution can contact the Victim/Witness Coordinator’s office at the U.S. Attorney’s Office in San Diego for instructions on how to proceed.

Stan’s Sports Memorabilia sold both real and fake memorabilia, the latter being primarily provided by the Marino family, the well-documented group that included the forgers and several of the key distributors of the fake material. Stan Fitzgerald told the judge that he sent items to an address in San Diego to have the phony signatures applied, but didn’t know the specific person performing the forgery. “(I) utilized the service. At the time, I did not know (where the forger was),” Fitzgerald told the judge. The Fitzgeralds sold a wide variety of fakes from both current players and deceased legends during the period from November 1995 to October 1999. Along with those fakes came bogus certificates of authenticity.

Both Donna and Josephine Fitzgerald admitted to the judge they knew Stan was selling fake autographs.

Along with still-unspecified fines, back taxes and the restitution, the Fitzgeralds will forfeit their two primary Caldwell homes, plus a third residence that Donna told the judge they purchased about a week after the October, 1999, raid on their business.
– Rocky Landsverk, reporting from San Diego

Posted by Steve at 2:42 PM
Old 01-11-2010, 02:41 PM
Scott

Thanks for the article. Ebay better pull EVERY item in that auction.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:14 PM
Kevin O'Gara

i didnt know derek jeter had parkinsons disease.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:15 PM
Kevin O'Gara

what blows my mind is that people bid on these items.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:10 PM
Chris

Default The Listing Was Removed

Thankfully eBay actually removed the listing. I also reported it and I sent him a message. I am not sure if his other listings were removed.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:59 PM

Nice! Good job Chris.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:06 AM
Jim VB

Default We've neen threatened! (LOL)

2 of the seller's 12 auctions have been taken down. He's not happy and blames us!

Email #1:

"i am not worried about some 2nd class website talking about my listings, this is not a career of mine, I am just selling some things around the house.

- niahparker21"

Email #2

"It is you who is talking about me. If you do not remove my auctions from that forum I will be suing for defamation. This is not a battle that you should start. If I see or read anything involving me or my sales in anyway I will be taking immediate legal action.

- niahparker21"

Last edited by Jim VB; 01-12-2010 at 10:02 AM.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:16 AM
Scott

Let him take legal action. His stuff is all 100pct FAKE FORGED CRAP. I emailed ebay to remove everything, as its all fake and with a bad COA. IF this guy is getting upset at anyone, including any of us, let him. He'd lose any attempted lawsuit. The ball as I see it is in Ebay's court.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:46 PM
Jim VB

11 of his 12 auctions have been taken down by Ebay. Only the Favre ball is still up.

Looks like Ebay did it correctly this time.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:12 PM
Scott

Good. lets hope this is a precedent for so many rotten sellers/items
Old 01-12-2010, 09:31 PM
Jim VB

Just checked and the last auction is gone as of tonight.
Pretty nice job by Ebay. Too bad their fight is neverending. He'll probably have a new name and new auctions in no time.

Guess this means we'll all be getting sued... LOL!
Old 01-13-2010, 07:28 AM
Scott

Let him sue. They won't get nothing but sand out of me, and hopefully these scum will get a lot more than that, trouble wise.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:02 AM
Rob Miller

Countersue for emotional distress to this forum!