NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Football Cards Forum

Old 02-20-2018, 01:29 PM
Rob

Default Anyone have expertise in '73 Topps FB?

I have a question regarding card #133 in the Topps football set from '73. This is the NFC Semi-Final card featuring Staubach in the Dallas vs San Fran game. I have multiple copies of this card, and as I went to pull one to put in my set, I see some differences, and an oddity. There are variations in the front coloring with the banner being purple/yellow to violet/yellow. No problem there, typical printing stuff I assume. But, on two of the ones I have, the bottom edge is not straight. Rather than sitting flat if stood on that edge, it rockers, with the middle being wider than the rest of the card. My others don't have that cut. But, in addition, the ones that have that odd cut also have a darker cardboard back, whereas the straight cut ones are lighter. Does the card being #133 have something to do with the cut? Are cards printed in sheets of 132 which would put that card at a corner?

Just seeing if anyone had any thoughts on this. Thanks for any input.
Old 02-20-2018, 05:46 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

I found this on-line, if it helps...

7513c_1973_1974_topps_football.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 02-20-2018, 09:15 PM
Rob

Well, that answers one question. Thank you very much for looking and posting that, I appreciate your efforts. And that is the edge, on the right side of the sheet, that is uneven. I wonder what caused that, and how common it is. Thanks again.