NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-03-2002, 10:59 PM
Administrator

Default Good Card Shops?

Posted By: Glen V

I have a business trip to Phoenix. Does anyone know of any good card shops there?

Since there can't be too many, how 'bout starting a list of all vintage stores?

Old 08-03-2002, 11:32 PM
Administrator

Default Good Card Shops?

Posted By: benge610

Sorry Glen, don't have info on Phoenix; but it did get me thinking about if there are any (vintage) good shops in the Chicago area?(besides the National, guys; I'm going to be out of town). I guess I may have answered my own question though, the Rosemont has good shows every 5-6 months.

Ben.

Old 08-05-2002, 09:37 AM
Administrator

Default Good Card Shops?

Posted By: petecld

The ony place left to find anything in pre-1950s vintage in Chicago is AU Sports in Morton Grove and even they don't have a HUGE selection.

The one store in the south suburbs near never had any pre-1950s cards until the Topps T206 buybacks came out. I know, that's sad, but what are you gonna do.

Old 08-06-2002, 12:21 AM
Administrator

Default Good Card Shops?

Posted By: benge610

Morton Grove isn't too far to go when the occassional fix between Sun-times shows is necessary. Re: my previous post on Rosemont shows and "good" used in the same sentence; I had second thoughts about that, but I figure "the larger the show, the better chance I have seeing vintage material of interest to me"; there sure is a helluva lot of other stuff. BTW am I missing anything good (T,E, 19th cent.) in any of the "smaller" shows in the area? I used to drive around and check them out, but got tired of seeing 95% new crap, so restricted myself to the two Rosemont's and Sportsfest.

Old 08-06-2002, 07:35 AM
Administrator

Default Good Card Shops?

Posted By: petecld

I still go to some of the smaller ones looking for vintage cards and I do this because I am glutton for punishment. I rarely find anything. Here and there a "new" T206 will appear. Rarely do you find much.

I would stick to the Sun-Times and larger shows. Even those are a disapointment sometimes.

Old 08-07-2002, 06:17 PM
Administrator

Default Good Card Shops?

Posted By: Julie Vognar

used to serve the most divine Key Lime pie...

Old 08-07-2002, 08:51 PM
Administrator

Default Good Card Shops?

Posted By: john(z28jd)

does anyone else get mad when they see a whole bunch of updates in alot of threads but they end up being useless comments? maybe its just me,but theres been 10 threads replied on since i last looked and one useful comment.....maybe some people just like having their name in every thread