NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 06-19-2017, 05:52 PM
Derek 0u3ll3tt3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Bowman View Post
Do you know how to shut Kaepernick up? Ask him to name just one of the hundreds of young black males murdered by another young black male last year. He couldn't name one if his life depended on it.
So you're saying people committing crimes on one another is the same thing as institutionalized racism? It's ok for white cops to treat black suspects differently because black people at times kill other black people? What is the point you're trying to make?
Old 06-19-2017, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgo71 View Post
So you're saying people committing crimes on one another is the same thing as institutionalized racism? It's ok for white cops to treat black suspects differently because black people at times kill other black people? What is the point you're trying to make?
What is the ratio of black men killed by cops as compared to black men killed by other black men? Don't hold me to this, but I remember hearing the number 60 to 1. Which one is by far the greater threat to the black community? Which one is ignored, and which one is covered wall to wall when it happens? I will forever have the names Trayvon Martin, Philando Castille, Michael Brown, Laquan McDonald, Freddie Gray, Eric Garner stuck in my head through the wall to wall saturation from the media. There are also the gentlemen in Louisiana, South Carolina, and Oklahoma whose names I can't think of but certainly remember the incidents. I couldn't tell you the name of a black on black murder victim to save my own life. The media purposely ignores those and sweeps them under the rug. I am saying that liberals and the black community have their priorities way out of whack and are ignoring the 800 pound gorilla in the room.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:41 PM

If any those of black men that I named were killed by another black man rather than a cop or a white man, would you or I have ever heard of them? Absolutely not.
Old 06-19-2017, 07:05 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
Schilling's is that there's a lot of hatemongering in him and he makes people uncomfortable. He's insulted the transgender community...
And what do you say about this?

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...-straight.html

Because it was made by a lefty perverted freak, I suppose that makes it OK, right? And you seriously question what Schilling has against the transgender freak community?
Old 06-19-2017, 08:15 PM
Derek 0u3ll3tt3

Quote:
What is the ratio of black men killed by cops as compared to black men killed by other black men? Don't hold me to this, but I remember hearing the number 60 to 1. Which one is by far the greater threat to the black community? Which one is ignored, and which one is covered wall to wall when it happens? I will forever have the names Trayvon Martin, Philando Castille, Michael Brown, Laquan McDonald, Freddie Gray, Eric Garner stuck in my head through the wall to wall saturation from the media. There are also the gentlemen in Louisiana, South Carolina, and Oklahoma whose names I can't think of but certainly remember the incidents. I couldn't tell you the name of a black on black murder victim to save my own life. The media purposely ignores those and sweeps them under the rug. I am saying that liberals and the black community have their priorities way out of whack and are ignoring the 800 pound gorilla in the room.
Why should one thing outweigh the other? Black-on-black crime exists, so that somehow negates or minimizes the problem that racism still exists as well? Of course not, because one problem has nothing to do with the other. They are BOTH problems, and trying to turn focus to black-on-black crime serves only to draw focus away from racism.
Old 06-19-2017, 08:23 PM

I was off on the 60 to 1 ratio, after googling it, it is about 40 to 1. According to FBI statistics, from the years 2009 to 2012, the yearly total is on average 4,472 blacks killed by other blacks, and the yearly total average of blacks killed by police both justified and unjustified is 112. So it would take 40 years of police killing blacks to equal one year of blacks killing blacks. Chicago's death toll from 2001 to 2015 was 7,401, the death toll from Iraq and Afghanistan combined in the same time period is 8,321. From 1999 to 2011, 2,151 whites were killed by police compared to 1,130 blacks. Yes, I know there is a higher ratio of whites to blacks in America. I could cite many more statistics but I believe those would get me branded as a racist bigot .
Old 06-19-2017, 08:27 PM
Derek 0u3ll3tt3

Quote:
I was off on the 60 to 1 ratio, after googling it, it is about 40 to 1. According to FBI statistics, from the years 2009 to 2012, the yearly total is on average 4,472 blacks killed by other blacks, and the yearly total average of blacks killed by police both justified and unjustified is 112. So it would take 40 years of police killing blacks to equal one year of blacks killing blacks. Chicago's death toll from 2001 to 2015 was 7,401, the death toll from Iraq and Afghanistan combined in the same time period is 8,321. From 1999 to 2011, 2,151 whites were killed by police compared to 1,130 blacks. Yes, I know there is a higher ratio of whites to blacks in America. I could cite many more statistics but I believe those would get me branded as a racist bigot .
Since you really said nothing new...
Quote:
Why should one thing outweigh the other? Black-on-black crime exists, so that somehow negates or minimizes the problem that racism still exists as well? Of course not, because one problem has nothing to do with the other. They are BOTH problems, and trying to turn focus to black-on-black crime serves only to draw focus away from racism.
Old 06-19-2017, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Why should one outweigh the other??? I never see any discussions here or from Kaepernick about black on black crime. All I hear about is the much smaller cops killing blacks problem. By the way, it made me sick to my stomach when I heard that the Minnesota cop got away with murdering Castile. I absolutely agree he should be doing time for his utter incompetence.
Old 06-20-2017, 04:07 AM
Barry Sloate

This is why politics shouldn't be allowed on the board.
Old 06-20-2017, 06:30 AM
Kyle May

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
This is why politics shouldn't be allowed on the board.
This is also why Kaepernick doesn't have a job. This would be going on among a fan base.

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame