NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-30-2004, 07:46 PM
Administrator

Default Board Opinion on eBay Auction Description

Posted By: Jon Canfield

This thread is not meant to be a shameless plug so I will be somewhat cryptic in my wording here. Tonight, I listed a an auction on eBay for a card which I believe to be somewhat of an odity from a "T" set. However, I am not 100% accurate as to its' legitimacy. Let me clarify - the card is real; no doubt about it. However, it may be somewhat "special", which greatly increases it's value. Since I am not an expert at all, I wrote the following paragraph in my auction...

"I have tried to be as accurate and complete as possible with my item description. As you can see from my 100% feedback, I'm not in the business to rip people off. However, self admittidly, I am not a [purposely omitted in this post so no self advertising] expert, and surely not a [purposely omitted in this post so no self advertising] expert. Although I feel this card is legitimate (and the people I have showed it to seem to believe it is legitimate), I am not 100% convinced. So, here is what I'm going to do. The high bidder who wins this card will receive the card with item tracking. I will give that high bidder 2 days from receipt of the card (according to when USPS says the card was delivered) to evaluate the card and make their own determination as to the legitimacy of this as being a [purposely omitted in this post so no self advertising] odity. If the winning bidder is not happy with the card, they can either email me or call me within those 2 days and I will give a full refund less shipping costs. (I will provide the high bidder with my phone number at auctions end). I feel that this is fair and allows the high bidder to make their own independent judgment. Again, I want to stress I feel this card is a LEGIT [purposely omitted in this post so no self advertising], but I am no expert."

OK, HERE IS WHAT IM ASKING. I highly value this board's opinion. Do you feel I have been straight-forward in my description and offered reasonable terms for inspection? We often have threads the errupt about eBay seller's purposeful deceit and I don't want this card to be a subject of such conversation. I look forward to your feedback.

Thanks,
Jon

Old 12-30-2004, 08:35 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

That is fine.....if they don't like it within the time frame they can return it. Hard to argue against that. good luck

Old 12-30-2004, 11:14 PM
Administrator

Posted By: J Levine

I hope I am not giving anything away here but I know the card you listed...I looked at the scans and wonder about the card but the description is clear and gives return privledges. Then I saw who listed it and thought it is fine and i will probably bid on it...

As an aside...I remember a notebook page or two that had several cards pasted to it with notations about the cards...several were one sided and featured printers marks etc. Not sure about this one...

Good luck in your auction.

-Joshua

Old 12-31-2004, 05:40 AM
Administrator

Posted By: warshawlaw

What am I on an Easter egg hunt?

Just so as you know, I would never buy a "maybe" over ebay even with a return privilege unless I was really sure that the seller would honor the return commitment, so you may be chasing off some buyers.

Old 12-31-2004, 05:56 AM
Administrator

Posted By: dennis

why not get it graded? or offer money back if not able to grade.but really it sounds like a regular old ebay scammer mombojumbo. 2 days is not nearly long enough.

Old 12-31-2004, 06:34 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jon Canfield

Dennis,

To answer your questions. The card is a blank back and I do not believe it will grade by PSA or SGC. Otherwise, would have sent it in myself. Besides that, I felt two days to evaluate the card was sufficient but maybe I should change it?

Old 12-31-2004, 06:49 AM
Administrator

Posted By: dennis

i can see your dilema. 7 day return would seem better. give the ebay item # and lets see it or put it in the permanant buy sell thread,would help. i found the card on ebay and if i were interested seeing your feedback and length of time as ebay seller i would not hesitate to bid.

Old 12-31-2004, 08:25 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

It's a blank backed, fairly low grade, T205 common. We have seen them before and while scarce, really not earth shaking. The card will do fairly well regardless of what I say and Jon's a good guy so there will be no issues. take care all.....