NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 01-05-2011, 08:10 PM
Christopher Williams

Default 500 HomeRun Club Baseball Forgery.

You have to check out this "500 Homerun Club" forgery on Ebay. The seller has "4 Available" and the "Buy It Now" price is only $4,001.32. This is your typical "Operation Bullpen" and "Shop At Home" forgery.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...7587563&_rdc=1

500.jpg
Old 01-06-2011, 11:48 AM
FredYoung

You picked ut one of the "fishyish" new sellers on EBay---He has 4 of EVERYTHING he lists!

Almost no FB & yet he suddenly has 31,000 listings--even graded cards he has 4 of all of them!

I can't quite figure this "businessman" out!
Old 01-06-2011, 01:00 PM
Chuck Tapia

this guy is basically just SPAMMING all the buy it nows and adding about 30%-75% to original e bay ad. He lists the item number on the sku part of his ad. Probably some items come from other sites. For e-bay to allow this type of store is a crying shame. Many of the items are good at least, as he has all KSports1966 Buy it nows listed. If I were Kent Sessions, I'd be pissed that someone can actually just use my ad. As it is, his prices are high already. Maybe that's because he is a trusted dealer with actual real stuff in his store.

Either e-bay endorses this NEW TYPE STORE in the new year or they don't? I think the SPORTSSCAMGIFTSGUY will have a rough go of it. Imagine when he does sell something....he'll have to buy it now from the guy he stole the ad from and wait for it to get delivered or just have them deliver to different address's everytime. Anyway, it seems like a heck of a way to make a living.

Now this piece of shit ball that you show here TT2, Speaks for itself. Looks like a Mike Lopez (Operation Bullpen) special from "Fake at Home"

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 01-06-2011 at 02:56 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:04 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuddjcal View Post
this guy is basically just SPAMMING all the buy it nows and adding about 30%-75% to original e bay ad. He lists the item number on the sku part of his ad. Probably some items come from other sites. For e-bay to allow this type of store is a crying shame. Many of the items are good at least, as he has all KSports1966 Buy it nows listed. If I were Kent Sessions, I'd be pissed that someone can actually just use my ad. As it is, his prices are high already. Maybe that's because he is a trusted dealer with actual real stuff in his store.

Either e-bay endorses this NEW TYPE STORE in the new year or they don't? I think the SPORTSSCAMGIFTSGUY will have a rough go of it. Imagine when he does sell something....he'll have to buy it now from the guy he stole the ad from and wait for it to get delivered or just have them deliver to different address's everytime. Anyway, it seems like a heck of a way to make a living.

Now this piece of shit ball that you show here TT2, Speaks for itself. Looks like a Mike Lopez (Operation Bullpen) special from "Fake at Home"
I just spoke with a rep from "Ksports" and they are aware of the problem. Ebay, of course, is slow is responding to "Ksports."
Old 01-06-2011, 05:29 PM
Chuck Tapia

This is their reply to my concerns......

"the original owners of these photos are aware we are listing these products, we have an agreement with them. It is not illegal, as ebay states: "Members are not allowed to use images or text from another member's listings without that member's permission. Doing so may violate copyright laws. We encourage members to take and use their own photographs."

We appreciate your concern for everyone's well being and fair playing field by contacting eBay. Ebay has contacted us about the duplicate images and we are returning the vendor permissions on the use of images which they are requiring us now to send. Thank you

- sportsgiftsandcollectibles"

I don't think KSports is on board because they were trying to get them removed as you stated.

This marks the end of Fudd's collecting career. I have just about seen it all. Nobody really gives a rats ass anyway and I'm tired of discussing all the crap on E-bay and here ad nausium. I guess I should just try and work more I will check in from time to time, but I am ALL IN when it comes to Autographs. The best days of collecting are behind us. Consider this just another way of making a living has been taken away from Americans.

I will NEVER buy another autograpgh until every last Dr Birdcrap, STAT un Authentic, TTA and Moral ASS and now spamming stores from other stores are out of business. When Coaches Corner is Busted and that f'ing Morales has died or is in jail. Until then, I am OUT. Moral ASS and ALWAYS FAKE AT AUCTION are partnering now with a beautiful new shiny hologram and new verbage on how all their autographs are real.

It goes like this...

"Authenticity Process and Sports Memorabilia 100% Guarantee

We assure 100% authenticity of each piece sold from our auction. The photos are singular expressions and each signature is genuine and one of a kind. Examinations are performed independently with a certificate of authenticity being issued for each piece. Our authenticators have the highest level of objectivity and hold no financial interest in the certifying process, which allows them to maintain an independent opinion. We use only qualified authenticators who have been credentialed as expert document examiners. Scientific principles are used to examine each piece. Scientific principals may include but are not limited to writing instruments, ink comparisons, area measurements as well as the use of ultraviolet and infrared lighting and a stereoscopic microscope.

In addition, we believe that it is important for buyers to keep in mind that there are many self-proclaimed experts that attempt to render their opinion as truth, fabricating their credentials and qualifications. It is essential to look beyond advertised qualifications and base conclusions on findings and facts. A certified forensic examiner will never change his or her mind about the authenticity of any decision made. Their decision will be supported by scientific principles and hold up in a court of law. Unlike others in this market who claim no liability to their customers, stating that opinions may change, we stand behind the authenticity of each piece and will not knowingly sell any forged items. Additionally, we also randomly select certified pieces from our collection and resubmit to a second authenticator.

100% Satisfaction Guarantee. We offer a 30 day 100% refund guarantee. If for any reason you are unsatisfied with your Sports Memorabilia purchase, you may return it for a full merchandise refund.

This item was personally authenticated by Christopher Morales, President, Morales Forensic Investigations. Morales Forensic Investigations provides services in all areas of questioned documents, including handwriting and hand printing examinations, ink, paper, detection of erasures, alterations and other document examination. Mr. Morales has been a Court qualified forensic science expert since October 1995. As a Court qualified forensic science expert, Mr. Morales received the majority of his forensic science training in the U.S. Secret Service's Forensic Services Division's Questioned Document Section. He served as Special Agent/Examiner of Questioned Documents, U.S. Secret Service from 1989 to 1995. Mr. Morales has also served as Faculty Advisor and Adjunct Faculty Member for the Forensic Sciences Department at George Washington University; International Police Technical Advisor, U.S, Department of Justice, International Criminal Investigative Training Assistance Program. Mr. Morales holds dual degrees in Forensic Science and Security Management from George Washington University. He is a member of American Academy of Forensic Sciences and the International Association for Identification. For more information on Christopher Morales, visit www.moralesforensics.com"

You'll be seeing this in e-bay ads shortly.

ONE LAST POST FROM FUDD & I'm DONE!

KISS MY FAT SMELLY ASS ALL YOU CHEATER FERS!

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 01-06-2011 at 05:35 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
...Our authenticators have the highest level of objectivity and hold no financial interest in the certifying process, which allows them to maintain an independent opinion.....
Does this mean they authenticate free of charge?
Old 01-06-2011, 05:54 PM
Scott

I wish you wouldn't leave sir, but somehow, the crooks need to be stopped, all of those you listed. Roach's and all the crooked "authenticators" and the like. It sickens me, and Im mainly a lurker.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:03 PM
Christopher Williams

Hey, Fuddjcal. We really hope you don't leave us for good. I tried to "leave it behind" many times. I tried to not do any more videos and I tried not to write any more about the total garbage (FORGERIES) that have flooded the hobby by the likes of Roach's Corner, Ted Taylor (Stat Authentic, TTA), Chris "I Never Saw An Autograph I Didn't Like" Morales, the thousands of GAI pieces, etc. But not only is it in our blood, but if we go away they win, and we cannot allow that. Our day will come, Fuddjcal.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:22 PM
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere View Post
Hey, Fuddjcal. We really hope you don't leave us for good. I tried to "leave it behind" many times. I tried to not do any more videos and I tried not to write any more about the total garbage (FORGERIES) that have flooded the hobby by the likes of Roach's Corner, Ted Taylor (Stat Authentic, TTA), Chris "I Never Saw An Autograph I Didn't Like" Morales, the thousands of GAI pieces, etc. But not only is it in our blood, but if we go away they win, and we cannot allow that. Our day will come, Fuddjcal.

Bingo. They will get it someday.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:46 PM
George Bryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuddjcal View Post

I have a pretty substantial store on eBay and thank my stars that I have yet to see any of mine. I do see many of Sidsgraphs inventory on here. Seems that he may have worked an agreement with these sellers? I don't know. His inventory system really sucks because if you look at an item that has 9 in stock, every one varies in condition. For instance, every Carl Hubbell PSA ball that I saw had an inventory of 9. Yet some were very faded and some bold. God forbid somebody buys more than one. I have worked very hard to establish a real inventory and to see this, really urks me to no end. If you carry a large amount of inventory, it is usually OK to demand the market value. (Not auction wholesale). But this guy owns nothing AND charges OVER market. It is against eBay policy and the law (for that matter) to plagerize other peoples listing photos without their permission. I really would have to think these sellers are in on this. I have been approached by Sportsmemorabilia.com to let them drop-ship my items. I told them to pound sand. My final take: THIS REALLY STINKS!

Last edited by Basinballers; 01-07-2011 at 12:58 AM.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:18 PM
Brandon

Hey Basinballers, just wanted to comment that you are one of the few trusted autograph sellers I go to when looking to buy auto's on ebay....just goes to show there are still top notch sellers out there for autographs. regards, brandon
Old 01-07-2011, 05:18 PM
Christopher Williams

Default All Gone!!!

All of that seller's 24,000 autograph listings are gone!!!
Old 01-07-2011, 05:55 PM
Scott

That is a victory then.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:24 PM
FredYoung

A total of 61,991 listings were all ended---He has nothing in Store or auction up right now!

What a waste of time & manpower for a scam that didn't work!
Old 01-22-2011, 01:36 AM
George Bryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gashousegang_1 View Post
Hey Basinballers, just wanted to comment that you are one of the few trusted autograph sellers I go to when looking to buy auto's on ebay....just goes to show there are still top notch sellers out there for autographs. regards, brandon
Brandon, that is awesome to hear that! I work very hard at it and my reputation as a trusted seller always comes before a sale. I will keep trying. Rounding up materials for the Cactus League. Should have a ton of new authenticated items in March and April. Always adding new things though.

George

Last edited by Basinballers; 01-22-2011 at 01:37 AM.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:32 PM
Steve Birmingham

I'm wondering how this scheme can even work? what if an item is bought then quickly bought from the original lister? Or the other way around?
It might work for books or CDs or tools or anything available in large quantity, but for any collectible it seems like an invitation for trouble.

My guess is that he's going to rack up a load of negatives.

Steve B

Tags
500 homerun forgery