NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-23-2004, 08:30 PM
Administrator

Default The Crossover Dilemma

Posted By: t-206collector

I have a number of PSA cards that I am planning on having crossed over into SGC holders. Does anyone have any experience doing this? Have you ever had a card graded higher by SGC than PSA after sending it in within a PSA holder? How about graded lower? Do you think it makes sense to break the card out of the PSA holder before submitting it to SGC to ensure that they get an impartial look?

Thoughts? Impressions?

Old 05-23-2004, 09:18 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bill

I have sent PSA T206's to SGC, and they came back either equal or a lower grade. They never came back with a higher grade. The grade really didn't matter to me, because I was looking to get the card in the SGC holder for my set registry. I don't think it would make any difference if the card was taken out of the holder prior to submitting it. SGC is just tougher grading these cards, or should I say more accurate.

Old 05-24-2004, 10:48 AM
Administrator

Posted By: warshawlaw

I always put on the invoice "do not cross over unless the grade is equal to or better than PSA grade". I've crossed over several dozen cards (mostly for sets) and have gotten a handful back uncrossed due to minimum grade considerations. I've also gotten several cards back 1/2 grade higher than the PSA gade. All were 'tweeners that I felt PSA had undergraded due to their lack of a 7.5 or 8.5 grade.

Old 05-24-2004, 11:55 AM
Administrator

Posted By: JimB

I have submitted three cards to PSA for crossover from SGC and GAI for inclusion in PSA graded sets. The SGC crossed over in the same grade. The GAI graded cards did not cross over due to minimum grade (I asked that it not be broken out of its holder if it does not cross to the same grade or higher). From speaking to several dealers, I have gotten the impression that PSA is very reluctant to cross cards over. I think the especially have a grudge against GAI for breaking away from PSA. I haven't bothered, but I bet if I broke these cards out of their holders and sent them in raw they would come back in the same grades.