NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-19-2010, 02:05 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Just Collect Inc.'s new consignment program and advertising

I would like to introduce our newest advertiser to Net54baseball.com, JustCollect Inc. I have known the owners for several years and give them my highest recommendation for honesty and integrity. They are a great addition within our hobby and have carved out a nice niche as one of ebay's, and soon to be Grand Slam Bid's, top sellers. I wish them well in this project and their future endeavors. regards
leon

Here is a synopsis of their newest program:

Hi everyone,
We are a new advertiser on Net54baseball.com and this offering is unique and interesting enough that I wanted to post about it. Just Collect has rolled out eBay’s 1st 0% Seller’s Commission Consignment Program for significant cards. For cards that are expensive and rarely sold, auctioning them at no reserve can be risky. Just Collect’s new service allows you to take advantage of our eBay name, clientele, and huge email marketing prowess, as we market your card at a fixed price.

Let’s say you have 15 significant cards worth an average of $1,000 each and you would like to sell them but you are uncomfortable selling them at no reserve. This service could be ideal for you. The service works like this for consignors:

- For each card, you specify the price you would like to receive for the card.
- Just Collect markets your cards under our account on eBay and to our mailing list (it is the largest list in the hobby with over 35,000 collectors). Just Collect will work on selling the card for up to 90 days.
- For each card that sells, you receive the price you specified. Just Collect will return any cards that do not sell.
- You pay only a flat fee of $60 per card to Just Collect, which includes:

1. the listing of your card
2. inclusion of your cards in their weekly newsletter
3. creation of a specialized email newsletter highlighting only your cards
4. reaching out to our best clients to try to broker your cards privately.

We encourage you to consider giving it a try. More info is available here:
http://www.justcollect.com/Zero.html

Regards,

Scott Greenwald
Principal
Just Collect, Inc. -- eBay's Largest Vintage Sports Card and Memorabilia Consignment Seller
Current Auctions: www.JustCollect.com/auctions
Consignment Info: www.JustCollect.com
eBay ID: just_collect
P.O. Box 80
Somerset, NJ 08875
(v) 732.828.2261 (f) 732.828.2281
You can always view our current auctions at www.JustCollect.com/auctions!

Old 10-21-2010, 02:52 PM

Default Just Collect Inc.'s new consignment program and advertising

Hi Everyone,

I appreciate Leon taking the time to post the overview of Just Collect’s new consignment service. We are excited to offer this new program, as it addresses a big concern that consignors have had in this tough economy:

How do I consign my rare and expensive cards to be sold while protecting myself from an extremely low auction closing price?

While we received a few inquires privately, I am surprised to have not seen any replies or questions about the service publicly on the board. Please share with me any feedback you have on the service and the approach:

Would you consider using it yourself? Why or why not?

Would you consider recommending it to someone else who is interested in selling?

A great way for us to grow as a company is to solicit feedback of potential clients, so I thank you for your thoughts. If you would prefer to respond privately, I am available at the office at (732) 828-2261 or at scott@justcollect.com.

Regards,

Scott Greenwald
Just Collect, Inc.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:13 PM
Robert Williams

I like the idea personally, however I feel as though the $60 per card fee is a little obscene, with only trying to sell the card for 3 months, with no guarantee of a sale. That is just me personally, and I don't mean to offend.....

Last edited by bobbyw8469; 10-21-2010 at 03:18 PM. Reason: added comments
Old 10-21-2010, 03:58 PM

Hi Bobby,

Thanks for the reply and your thoughts. As for the duration, we are willing to work on selling a card for a longer period of time, but clients have often felt more comfortable with a shorter-term contract... I would be happy to extend this.

With respect to the per-card fee, we would always prefer to sell cards at no reserve auction (with no per-card fee). This service, by its nature, will focus on selling cards for clients at more aggressive prices than they would auction for, so a percentage of them will not sell. As a result, we need to charge a per-card fee to both guarantee the service is minimally profitable for us, as well as discourage consignors from giving us cards at outrageous, completely unachievable prices.

And like many offerings, we would certainly be willing to discount the per-card fee further as a consignor brings in a greater volume of cards. If someone had 50 cards, for example, they would do considerably better on the per-card fee.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Regards,

Scott Greenwald
Old 10-21-2010, 04:13 PM
Matt Hall

How do I subscribe to this newsletter?
Old 10-21-2010, 04:29 PM
Jeff

A couple of questions; a.) you pay the $60 fee whether the card sells or not, and b.) if you sell the card in excess of the price specified do you keep the difference and the $60? Thanks.

Jeff

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 10-22-2010, 08:02 AM

Default Matthew, please email me directly

Matthew,

Please email me directly at scott@justcollect.com and I will add you to the list.

Thanks for your interest.

Regards,

Scott Greenwald
Just Collect, Inc.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:07 AM

Jeff,

Thanks for the questions.

Yes, you pay the per-card fee regardless of whether the card sells. This fee is intended to cover our costs in attempting to sell the card (listing the card, incorporating it into our standard weekly newsletters, creating a special email marketing newsletter to our list of 35,000 collectors around it, and negotiating with buyers on your behalf).

If the card sells, you receive the price you specified. It is our goal to sell the card for more than your specified price to both cover the eBay/PayPal fees as well as earn a profit for our firm. If the card does not sell, we will earn nothing beyond the per-card fee and will return the card to the consignor at our expense.

In this program, we have moved the risk of selling the card from the consignor (Will it auction for too little?) to our firm (Will we successfully sell the card or work on it for 3+ months and earn nothing?). We are proud to have the confidence in our firm and its marketing approach and client list to offer this service and assume this risk.

For example, let’s assume you have a card that you would be happy selling for $2,000 but you believe may auction for as low as $1,500. If the card sells on eBay for $2,000, the eBay/PayPal fees will be about $125. Therefore, we would list this card around $2,500 in the hopes of selling it for about $2,350 and earning income of $225 after eBay/PayPal fees.

$2,500 Card’s List Price on eBay
$2,000 Price Specified by Consignor

$ 2,350 Card’s Sale Price on eBay
$ -2,000 Price Specified by Consignor
---------------------------------------------
$ 350 Subtotal
$ -125 eBay/PayPal fees
----------------------------------------
$ 225 Total Revenue eBay/PayPal fees

On the other hand, if the card does not sell, we would return it to the consignor at our expense and not earn the revenue.

As I posted earlier, we always welcome the opportunity to sell cards at no reserve auction. However, when a consignor prefers to sell his cards with a guaranteed price and no risk, this unique program allows him to do exactly that.

Regards,

Scott Greenwald
Old 10-22-2010, 08:15 AM
Jeff

Scott,

Thanks for the answers. I thought that was the case but they were not specifically addressed in your post. I appreciate it. Good luck with the program.

Jeff

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 10-23-2010, 03:39 PM

I for one have had nothing but great experiences with JustCollect! Great offerings, many many auctions of quality material, and super service.
I think it is great that JC is going to be using GSB as hopefully that will generate interest for GSB and give card collectors another viable outlet other than eBay.