NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-06-2017, 05:14 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Default What Did You Find in Barcelona?

..... or anywhere else for that matter in a place where you didn't expect to find it.

While scouring the western Mediterranian these past two weeks, I found exactly zero prewar cards, but did find this item near the old Cathedral in Barcelona.

ATC Stock.jpg

Not too rare, and not prewar, but in excellent condition and priced right.

What have you found in your travels (hobby related of course) that popped up when you least expected it?

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 11-06-2017, 07:48 PM
Ronald Glenn

Location: Lake Norman N. Carolina ( New Jersey Born and Raised)
Default Brazil and Italy Sports cards

Not baseball prewar but still sport related unopened packs. Trips to Brazil and Italy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Soccer 001.jpg (82.7 KB, 337 views)
File Type: jpg soccer 002.jpg (86.1 KB, 338 views)
File Type: jpg soccer 003.jpg (78.7 KB, 336 views)
File Type: jpg soccer 004.jpg (77.8 KB, 340 views)
File Type: jpg soccer 005.jpg (82.5 KB, 337 views)
Old 11-07-2017, 12:51 AM
€dw@rd Sk€Łt0n

Not something I have pictures to show, but when I was in Italy, I saw all these posters for Italian baseball, and the guy on the posters was the brother of my brother's best friend. I don't remember his real first name, we always called him "Buh" (that was his nickname), and his last name was Gallo. His dad was a pretty well known actor named Mario Gallo (he was in Raging Bull). Pretty strange walking around a foreign country and seeing all these posters of someone you know literally everywhere, and trying to convince your friends "hey, I know that guy!" Apparently he was like a super star in Italy.

Collecting PCL, Southern Association, and type cards.
http://hangingjudgesports.com
Old 11-07-2017, 01:12 AM
€dw@rd Sk€Łt0n

OH, and what I found in Barcelona, well, it wasn't really sports related, and I can't rightly post on the internet. But it was close to a religious experience. I definitely love Spain. The Costa Brava is exceptional. Spectacular.

Collecting PCL, Southern Association, and type cards.
http://hangingjudgesports.com
Old 11-07-2017, 06:18 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Originally Posted by edjs View Post
OH, and what I found in Barcelona, well, it wasn't really sports related, and I can't rightly post on the internet. But it was close to a religious experience. I definitely love Spain. The Costa Brava is exceptional. Spectacular.
Ed, at least you can tell us her name.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 11-07-2017, 08:45 AM
Ben North

I got the little toys out of Kellogg's cereal in Europe 10-12 years ago. The Yellow one is a version of "Tony's Treasure Box" and the other one is promoting the XBOX 360. It will easily shoot the little disk 6' across the floor or on a table.

I found a little store in the middle of a residential area in Haarlem, Netherlands. The entire store was completely full of thousands of these little semi trucks. They had everything you could imagine as advertising on these things. The little shop only took cash so I bought around 10 total because thats all the cash I had on me. I figured I would return and buy a ton of these things the next day. I could never find that place again and I looked a few more times that trip. I also went back for a few more years and could never find that place again.

I went to tons of markets all over and never found any baseball related stuff.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg toys1.jpg (81.2 KB, 188 views)
File Type: jpg toys2.jpg (50.5 KB, 189 views)
Old 11-07-2017, 08:48 AM
Al Richter

Frank---I did not discover any great sports items in Barcelona. Just a church, that looked more like a fruit and vegetable garden, that has apparently been designed to never be completed...and a bull ring with no bulls

But in Istanbul, in a friendlier time, I did see this in the rafters of the Grand Bazaar. As a long time San Antonio guy I thought it was interesting because Turkey is not a basketball haven and Duncan, although one of the best, was not a flashy star

There was other stuff too

Old 11-07-2017, 03:19 PM
Dave

I don't remember her name. But she was gorgeous. Besides, it was 1980.
Old 11-07-2017, 04:37 PM

I picked up a 1952 Topps grey back in London. Guy had like 15 cards. don't remember which grey back it was - but a lucky find. Worth every pound I had to pay for it.

Cheers,
Patrick