NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-27-2014, 01:49 PM

Default WSSCA card show in Seattle, WA area (Shoreline) this weekend

The Washington State Sports Collectors Association (WSSCA) Winter Convention will be held Saturday November 1st and Sunday November 2nd.

A list of dealers and other show information is available on the WSSCA web site: www.wsscaseattle.com

The show again will be held at Meridian Park Elementary School in Shoreline, WA. The School's address is 17077 Meridian Ave. N, Shoreline, WA (about 10 minutes north of downtown Seattle). Show hours are 9-5 on Saturday, and 9-3 on Sunday.

There will be dealers with Pre-war cards, including Mark Macrae and Keith Schneider. Matt Sears, Luke Lyon and I will have a table of pre-war as well. Hope to see some Net 54ers at the show,

Andrew
Old 10-27-2014, 06:14 PM

I'll be there Saturday. Good vintage cards AND meeting up with fellow collectors -- it doesn't get better than this.
Old 10-27-2014, 07:24 PM
Jeff 'Prize-ner'

Will be there!
Old 10-27-2014, 07:57 PM
Belltown Vintage

David Rudd (Cycleback) and myself will have a couple of tables, so please stop by. I think we will be next to Andrew, etc., and across from Mark, unless things have shifted.

This time it will mostly be photographs - cabinets, prints and RPPC's, pre-war autographs and some great autograph display pieces: Babe Ruth, Sam Crawford, Mickey Mantle, Ted Williams...
Old 10-27-2014, 08:12 PM
Luke Lyon

I'll be setting up at the show for the first time. I'm bringing a combination of pre-war cards and modern oddball stuff. I'll have 50+ T206 HOFers and 30+ Southern Leaguers, mostly in lower grades. Will also be bringing around 1000 autographed items (mostly cards). Looking forward to it!
Old 10-28-2014, 12:36 PM
Br1@n L1ndh0lm3

I am working out my connecting flights and where to lose my baggage ...
No wait, I'm driving.
Never mind

See you all there if it works in my favor!
I've got to fill trick or treat bags Friday night, and empty my wallet on Saturday.

Brian L
Familytoad
Ridgefield, WA

Hall of Fame collector.
Prewar Set collector.
Topps Era collector.
1971 Topps Football collector.
Old 10-28-2014, 02:35 PM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

I was at the last show and there was a good amount of Pre-War baseball cards, cards and memorabilia from all other eras and many different dealers/tables. It's definitely worth visiting. A well organized show.

I had a cold last time and expect to me more awake this time

Last edited by drcy; 10-29-2014 at 01:53 AM.
Old 10-28-2014, 06:15 PM
Robert A

I'll miss hangin out with you guys. This is a great show! Nothing else like it. See you guys when you make it to Chicago.

Rob
Old 10-29-2014, 02:49 AM
Bill Cohon

I plan to stop in on Saturday. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone, and to searching for critical Zeenuts and Obaks.

And what's with Rob's post? Did we lose him, like the Boeing Company, to Chicago?
Old 10-29-2014, 10:05 AM
C0nor D0na.hue

Yeah, Bill. Rob moved to Chicago and is dead to us (Hi Rob)
His awesome pre-war set-up will be missed for sure, but still plenty of good stuff to be had. Lots of new dealers this time (I believe it's our biggest turn-over in convention history), so I'm looking forward to seeing fresh faces and fresh material.
Old 10-30-2014, 01:11 PM

I will be setting up and I'm bringing several Zeenut partial sets as well as Zeenut singles. Lots of misc. Pre war cards too-

The show won't be the same without Rob.... Is Rob with Mr. Summer???
Old 11-01-2014, 01:56 PM

Default WSSCA Fall Show is not to be missed

Just got back from a brief visit to the fall WSSCA show. Due to a family member's health, my stay was brief but long enough to see that this show is not to be missed if you are near the Seattle area.

I was there long enough to pick up an order as well as some nice postcards from Mark Macrae:

(1) Opening game (5/5/1913) of a New England League game showing a grandstand and bleachers view of Bayside Park, Portland, Maine. Though I lived in Portland for two years (1957-58) and spent most of my first 19 years in the Greater Portland area, I do not know the location of this park though I'm hoping the relative proximity of church steeples (to one another) in the distance may help me pinpoint its location one day. (See scan)

(2) A cool pre-Wrigley Field view of the Chicago Cubs ballpark and

(3) A Wrigley Field postcard when it was under Federal League ownership. The card's reverse only identifies it as "Federal League Park, Chicago" stating "The 'Feds' Park is located on the North Side at Clark and Addison Streets..." (No mention of it being Weeghman Park.)

I've been enjoying reading (and rereading some) of the bio's from The Deadball Era Stars books and, naturally, these cards caught my eye.

To repeat: the Washington State Sports Collectors Association show (runs today and tomorrow) is not to be missed if you are in or near the area.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img001.jpg (32.8 KB, 179 views)
Old 11-01-2014, 03:47 PM
Larry Moe

This show was great! Picked up lots of pre WW1 stuff and saw lots of net 54ers. I'm coming back tomorrow.
Old 11-01-2014, 04:35 PM
Br1@n L1ndh0lm3

Default Bummed!

I wasn't able to make it after all.
Bummer since I have an excellent suite and excellent company waiting for me on these bi-annual weekends (thanks Dave for your always awesome hospitality)

I made plans, packed my bag and even withdrew a fair amount of dough for the trip, but alas some things don't always work out.
I missed seeing all the usual suspects and the great cardboard.

I'm glad I could make it to the Macrae Portland Traditional Breakfast on Monday, so it wasn't a total hobby shutout.

I won't miss June's show no matter what!

Brian L
Familytoad
Ridgefield, WA

Hall of Fame collector.
Prewar Set collector.
Topps Era collector.
Old 11-01-2014, 10:05 PM
Grant Wescott

My dad and I made it out to the show and had a great time. Talked with some of you for a bit and was surprised to see all the T212s and the beautiful collection of T3s. I likely won't make it again tomorrow but I'm tempted, the show was really good.
Old 11-02-2014, 10:37 PM
Bill Cohon

Another outstanding event! I was sorry I was only able to attend on Saturday, and for just two brief visits.

Still, thanks to Mark Macrae, who came up with the elusive 1928 Cohen card, I now have all nine Jewish players with a Zeenut card. Been working on it for ten years.

That's not all. Thanks to Scott Forrest, I have ten more of the 1911 Obaks.

It was a great haul. Just sorry I didn't get to visit a bit more. Be well guys; see you in June.
Old 11-03-2014, 03:22 PM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

A reason to show up on Sundays is they have three random drawings for $100 gift certificates to buy anything at the show that day. Anyone who pays the $2 admission is in the draws, though you have to be present at the drawing to collect. I believe one woman won two of them.

I joked that once you won a draw, suddenly all the dealers are friendly to you.

Last edited by drcy; 11-03-2014 at 03:28 PM.
Old 11-04-2014, 12:26 PM
Br1@n L1ndh0lm3

Anyone got WSSCA pickups to share?
Unfortunately I was unable to attend after getting all geared up
This is one of my favorite events of the year ....

Brian L
Familytoad
Ridgefield, WA

Hall of Fame collector.
Prewar Set collector.
Topps Era collector.
Old 11-04-2014, 01:19 PM
Belltown Vintage

Saw lots of great people and hobby friends - that is why I keep going.

Sent from my SM-G730V using Tapatalk
Old 11-04-2014, 01:56 PM

Default Wssca show

the show was great, the collectors were great, the dealers were great, the purchases were great, the sales were great, I was great! the end
Old 11-04-2014, 02:12 PM
Luke Lyon

I picked up this beauty from Scott:

It was a lot of fun and I'm definitely looking forward to setting up at the next one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20141103_161216.jpg (42.1 KB, 69 views)
Old 11-05-2014, 09:21 AM
Mark Macrae

Default Thanks again WSSCA for another great show

Although attendance was down this time, those who attended did not seem to be disappointed one bit.There sure were a lot of Zeenut collectors present !! A lot of people carrying bags of stuff. Thanks to all of those who stopped by the booth, and lightened my load going back home... Its always easier to hitchhike home with ten bags instead of 11. Sorry you couldn't make it up Brian, but it was good to see you at the Portland breakfast (and hope you become a regular )..See you guys in the Spring