NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-30-2017, 04:33 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tao_Moko View Post
I haven't gone after that back run but you have a good start. You want to trade? I don't just have eggs! Have grass fed beef cattle too. Organic, North Icelandic kelp fed girls. Here are some of them upside down for some reason from this morning.
No comprende. Habla espanol?

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 09-30-2017, 04:47 PM
Er1c Sh@rp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
No comprende. Habla espanol?
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...45#post1673245
Old 09-30-2017, 04:49 PM
S Gross

Interesting topic.

Just did a quick chart of PSA Pops (included Schulte, based on having a Pied.350, but not for analysis):

Elite11chart.jpg

As seen, 9 of 11 subjects have Piedmont 350 scarcer than EPDG (some by quite a bit). Only Ganley EPDG scarcer, and Ewing even. Of the 11, only 2 (Ewing and Jones) have Hindu scarcer than other two backs.

Although I didn't put it on the chart, Sovereign 150s are also a bit tougher, in to 10-15 population range.

I don't have any Pied. 350s of any of them, but a few Hindus and EPDGs. I round out my "mid-tier" Elite 11's with three SC 150/649OPS (as an aside, these three are the only Elite 11 with the SC150/649 back )

elite11me.jpg

Fun, fun, Scott
Old 09-30-2017, 05:02 PM
Er1c Sh@rp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybuddyinc View Post
Interesting topic.

Just did a quick chart of PSA Pops (included Schulte, based on having a Pied.350, but not for analysis):

Attachment 289469

As seen, 9 of 11 subjects have Piedmont 350 scarcer than EPDG (some by quite a bit). Only Ganley EPDG scarcer, and Ewing even. Of the 11, only 2 (Ewing and Jones) have Hindu scarcer than other two backs.

Although I didn't put it on the chart, Sovereign 150s are also a bit tougher, in to 10-15 population range.

I don't have any Pied. 350s of any of them, but a few Hindus and EPDGs. I round out my "mid-tier" Elite 11's with three SC 150/649OPS (as an aside, these three are the only Elite 11 with the SC150/649 back )

Attachment 289468

Fun, fun, Scott
At least four of those on the pop report have been busted out by me and resold and I believe reslabbed. As I mentioned earlier, the Sov for these guys are tougher. I had an easier time sourcing the Hindu's. When I was putting these runs together I gave up on some but believe the following to be accurate in order of toughness:
Lundgren - EPDG more difficult than PD350
Ganley - PD350 then EPDG, Sov, Brown Hindu and SC150 fact30.
Jones - I believe PD350 may edge out the EPDG
Old 09-30-2017, 07:04 PM
Luke Lyon

I agree with Jeff. The EPDGs are much easier to find than the P350s for these 11 poses. Probably at a 2:1 (EPDG:P350) ratio or higher.

Everyone will have their own experiences though. Ted says he's owned 4 Piedmont 350s and only 1 EPDG. My experience the last 5 years is I've seen only one Piedmont 350 Lundgren and about 6/7 EPDGs come up for sale. 3 or 4 of them in the past few months.

At one point about a year ago, me and Jeff owned 5 different Tom Jones EPDGs between us, and 3 others have been on ebay in the last year. I've never even seen a P350 in that same time-frame.

Obviously these poses were pulled from the P350 print run early, but I don't think the same can be said about EPDGs. I think most, if not all of these poses were printed with EPDG backs for the duration of the print run. Only Dahlen seems to be truly rare. That could be because he was pulled early, or just due to the random variance of a normal distribution.

People have posted on net54 in the past that these 11 are tougher to find with EDPG than other EPDGs but the Pop numbers don't support that. Guys like Turner, Criger, Abbaticchio brown sleeves, Overall portrait are tougher to find than most of these 11 poses.

Last edited by Luke; 09-30-2017 at 07:05 PM.
Old 09-30-2017, 07:31 PM
Er1c Sh@rp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I agree with Jeff. The EPDGs are much easier to find than the P350s for these 11 poses. Probably at a 2:1 (EPDG:P350) ratio or higher.

Everyone will have their own experiences though. Ted says he's owned 4 Piedmont 350s and only 1 EPDG. My experience the last 5 years is I've seen only one Piedmont 350 Lundgren and about 6/7 EPDGs come up for sale. 3 or 4 of them in the past few months.

At one point about a year ago, me and Jeff owned 5 different Tom Jones EPDGs between us, and 3 others have been on ebay in the last year. I've never even seen a P350 in that same time-frame.

Obviously these poses were pulled from the P350 print run early, but I don't think the same can be said about EPDGs. I think most, if not all of these poses were printed with EPDG backs for the duration of the print run. Only Dahlen seems to be truly rare. That could be because he was pulled early, or just due to the random variance of a normal distribution.

People have posted on net54 in the past that these 11 are tougher to find with EDPG than other EPDGs but the Pop numbers don't support that. Guys like Turner, Criger, Abbaticchio brown sleeves, Overall portrait are tougher to find than most of these 11 poses.
Surprised to hear that about Jones. Having 5 not in circulation changes my opinion. On the other hand, I've had 3 PD350 Lundgrens at once which is a card with about a dozen known. I would challenge that the EPDG is more prevalant than the PD350's for him. I own about 60 Ganley's and have tracked them for several years. A PD350 Ganley is really tough. I gave up on the Dahlen run.
Old 09-30-2017, 08:07 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post

Only Dahlen seems to be truly rare. That could be because he was pulled early, or just due to the random variance of a normal distribution.

Hey Luke

Your having seen one Lundgren / P350 in 5 years is luckier than most T206 collectors have been.

Incidently, it's 3 Lundgren's (not 4). I have been collecting T206's since 1981; therefore, acquiring only 3 - P350 Lundgren's in 36 years is certainly
proof that this front/back combo is very, very tough.

Furthermore, my experience collecting these guys is......Dahlen (Boston) is the toughest (next to Spencer) of the Elite 11. My theory explaining this
is that American Litho stopped printing the Dahlen (Boston) card since he changed teams (Boston, then Brooklyn) in late October 1909.

TED Z

Last edited by tedzan; 10-01-2017 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Correct typo.