NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 12-17-2015, 09:50 AM
Steve Kennedy

Default another great find ! 1939 Centennial of Baseball in Australia

Picked up this letter to Alexander Cleland from the Fairfield Baseball Club this letter ties together my collection of the Centennial Celebration's in Australia. Love it when things come together!! Some years ago I found from the Cleland Estate this Ephemera regarding the Australian Celebration of the Centennial of Baseball in 1939 this Letter brings it all together visit my Web Site www.1939baseball.com enjoy Steve
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tucker letter to Clealand --file copy Clealand Estate.jpg (75.3 KB, 275 views)
File Type: jpg 1 Schedule.jpg (77.8 KB, 273 views)
File Type: jpg 2 Pin.jpg (69.8 KB, 275 views)
File Type: jpg 3e- Large Sticker 5 3-4.jpg (73.2 KB, 273 views)
File Type: jpg 1939 Australian Baseball New South Wales Refrence.jpg (39.1 KB, 276 views)
File Type: jpg 3a- 2 Inches Dia.jpg (77.0 KB, 278 views)
File Type: jpg 3b- 2in Dia.jpg (66.0 KB, 275 views)
Old 12-17-2015, 10:29 AM

Default Centennial

Appreciate your passion for your collecting niche, and your collection and website are fantastic. As you say, that letter is a great tie-in to those other items. Really cool!

The 1939 "A Century of Baseball" calendar produced by the PCL champion Seattle Rainiers is a favorite of mine. Also pictured is the mailing tube, featuring the Centennial logo on the label.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (76.4 KB, 260 views)
File Type: jpg Centennial Tube.jpg (76.0 KB, 257 views)
Old 12-20-2015, 07:44 AM
Steve Kennedy

Default PLC Centennial

Great stuff never saw this poster really rare !! The PCL went all out to Celebrate the 1939 Centennial I have several programs and tickets but your poster is the tops. I collect stories of the Centennial as well can you share how you came to have it love to know. Thanks for visiting the web site work in process more photos to take and stories to write but it represents 40 plus years of collecting. I love the fact there isn't any check list keeps me looking. All the best and Happy Holidays, Steve
Old 12-21-2015, 09:09 AM

Default Centennial

Thanks, Steve.
Here's a 1939 Seattle Rainiers team-signed letterhead with the Centennial logo. Also, an envelope from the Louisville Colonels with a fun text alteration in the logo:
Old 12-21-2015, 03:19 PM
Steve Kennedy

Default Centennial and the PCL

I have only been on the west coast a few times but always found some great items for the collection. Do you have any idea who printed the Poster/Calendar will start searching advertising collectors maybe find one . This printer had great graphics. I just found Railroad poster with the centennial logo with the Cleveland Indians schedule and train time table real nice add to the collection. All the best and have a great Holiday, Steve