NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 03-30-2014, 11:48 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default 1924 Wright & Ditson-Victor Co, Senators W/Johnson

Anyone ever see this 1924 Wright & Ditson-Victor Co, Senators W/Johnson ad premium before? It looks to be trimmed on at least a few sides, maybe all of them, and measures approx. 7" x 9 1/2". It is on photographic type paper. It has an Interesting note on back too. It wasn't advertised as such but at the very bottom of the front it says CONLON PHOTOS, which can't hurt!! Thanks for any help...and btw, I consider it sort of an ad premium so fits my (loose) collecting niche for premiums. Large scan on purpose.....

Last edited by Leon; 03-30-2014 at 11:50 AM.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:59 AM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

I was watching that one as well, you got it for a good price!
Old 03-30-2014, 12:04 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe View Post
I was watching that one as well, you got it for a good price!
Thanks, I thought so. I Was surprised it didn't go higher even with the bottom damage.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1924-Photo-C...vip=true&rt=nc

Last edited by Leon; 03-30-2014 at 12:05 PM.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:05 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Below is an image of the full piece. The black border should extend all the way around the perimeter of the photo, with all "circles" completely fitting within.

This one went for about $950 (BP included) in a major auction, complete with the original mount. I think you did great with regard to the price!

http://legendaryauctions.com/LotDeta...ntoryid=125445

Hope this helps!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sens.jpg (74.9 KB, 172 views)

Last edited by perezfan; 03-30-2014 at 12:08 PM.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:20 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

That's exactly what I was hoping for, Mark. Thanks so much...

Heck, if I wanted to I could find a generic mount for it....but alas then the back handwriting wouldn't be seen. I will leave it as is. Nice to see the full cabinet and know that not much was cut off.
Old 03-30-2014, 02:55 PM

Geez Leon, you stole it! Nice pickup!!
Old 03-30-2014, 03:18 PM
Hank Thomas

Here's mine, which came from Walter Johnson's scrapbooks. An odd twist is the full white border. The only two other examples I could find thru Google had the white border trimmed before being mounted. And I don't think this photo, although unquestionably a first generation original, was ever mounted as there is no damage to the back other than paper residue from Johnson's scrapbook.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1924 Wright and Ditsons.jpg (16.2 KB, 145 views)
Old 03-30-2014, 04:22 PM
Belltown Vintage

Nice pick-up, Leon. I need to change my ebay search arguments
Old 03-30-2014, 09:32 PM
Val Kehl

Hi Leon,
FYI, I am the person who won the 1924 Senators composite that was in the May 2012 Legendary Auction (see pic above). I wasn't aware until a very thoughtful Net54er alerted me to the example you just won on eBay, thinking I would surely be interested in it. When I saw the pic on eBay, I knew it was trimmed on both sides, and I contacted the eBay seller - to her credit, she added what I told her to her eBay listing. Getting this composite stoked me to elevate my collecting focus on obtaining as many cards as I can of all the Senators players on the 1924 Championship team, not just WaJo and Sam Rice, whose cards I have collected for many years. I agree with the others who said you got this at a good price - BTW, this item would have cost you more $$, if I hadn't just paid for a WaJo I just won on eBay!
Best,
Val