NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-03-2002, 11:18 AM
Administrator

Default Thanks David - uncut sheets for sale

Posted By: scott (runscott)

I'm ready to make my millions - if this works out as planned, I will have a Yacht ready in Lake Michigan for us to enjoy durint the Nationals!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1841124982

Old 07-03-2002, 11:58 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian Weisner

Hey Scott
I'll take it! Please put it on layaway until I contact AAA to see how much they will charge to cut and grade each atleast a 10. I'll let you know. brian

Old 07-03-2002, 12:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Tom

outbid Leon.......I know he wants it for his type collection but I bid a firm 6c on the item. We should increase it each time ONLY by the amount of the bid till it gets to about $2 million, then cancel the auction, so there's no fees associated with it.

Old 07-03-2002, 12:08 PM
Administrator

Please do not bid on the following - my good buddy Oyster Burns already has made a spot for it next to his glass eye collection:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1841138061

Old 07-03-2002, 12:26 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Tom

so I retracted my bid and commented on the item's authenticity. Sorry I had to rat you out Scotty..........

Old 07-03-2002, 01:36 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Keith O'Leary

It may be a little early to have stars in my eyes, but I now know how I will retire early. I can see the potential with this lot, but the higher you guys push it, the further out my retirement date gets. Don't forget all, on top of the purchase price and the shipping costs, the submission fees to AAA will substantial with a bliffet of this magnitude.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2112962878

Old 07-03-2002, 02:36 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

everyone place just the minimum bid on it so it hits the HOT!!! listings

Jay

Old 07-03-2002, 04:29 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Mathewson

Oh my gawd. Scott...i laughed my BUTT off reading that eBay auction. My belly hurts. I'm sending you my pepto-bismol bill...

Old 07-03-2002, 04:39 PM
Administrator

Posted By: David

I placed a bid, though under the assumption that I will be given a 30 day grace period to submit it to AAA for authentication.

Old 07-03-2002, 05:12 PM
Administrator

I found the rare uncut sheet that all three of historictreasures current 1911 Reach auctions came from. I immediately photocopied and slipped it under my bathroom door (RSR office) so that it could be properly odorized and encapsulated.

RSR's new slabbing process will be ready by July 5 at 00:32:04, just in time to begin a 3-day auction to compete head-to head with the following three auctions.

I also plan to offer the entire book as a "build your own card set", complete with an x-acto knife, 3 plastic slabs, and a cheap screw-driver. With any luck, the winner will accidentally slice off their own thumbs with the knife and then fall on the screwdriver and pith themselves.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1840797054
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1840797113
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1840797185

Old 07-03-2002, 07:39 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie Vognar

the guy who won the "Joe Jackson" for over $500 was real...

I tried wrting Ebay, found myself in a chat room. How do you do it?

Old 07-03-2002, 07:40 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Your next holders need to say something like the "new partnership of your company and "AAAA Grading Service" just to screw with 'em.....why not have a little fun best regards

Old 07-04-2002, 01:35 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Mathewson

Julie-

eBay is a mystery to me.

Where did they come up with tht name "Safe Harbor" and what is it supposed to mean?

Get this: Remember my complaint to them a while back, wher I told them about the username: "dan_mathewson" that had appeared?

Well, their response was: "We can't do anything about it. While that username is similar to your name, it is not exactly the same as your name (contains an underline) and the person has a different e-mail address from you."

What MORON came up with that logic? Of course the e-mail is different, it is SOMEBODY ELSE you idiots! And, of course the name is SLIGHTLY DIFFERNT because a person's regular name wouldn't have the underscore in between to connect the first and last name, like a username would need to have.

These jackasses must require help to pick up a sandwich and aim it into their mouths without hitting themselves in the eye. Go figure. The Safe Harbor is only "safe" for all the criminals who deal in fraudulent garbage on eBay. And, eBay loves them because so many are "power sellers" and are making a fortune for eBay's principals. Indirectly, eBay probably makes more off of PRO than the owners of PRO make from their own scams...

Old 07-04-2002, 07:29 AM
Administrator

- I mean, the part about the sandwiches. It's hard to believe, but ebay is COMPLETELY revenue oriented. If you give them a buck, they love you! It doesn't matter if you steal it from a blind cripple or earn it honestly.

Old 07-04-2002, 07:32 AM
Administrator

I'm just expressing my extreme anger. If I wasn't so mad, those holders would have looked much better, I wouldn't have accidentally left part of Cy Young's face in the holder, and Joe's moustache would have come out much nicer.

Besides, I think RSR grading can stand on its own and needs no help from the mega-graders like AAA and NASA.

RSR: "Send us your poor,your reprinted,your scraps"

Old 07-04-2002, 08:56 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie Vognar

Your "auctions" are funny as a crutch (funny as a crutch?), but at the same time, I worry about the INCREDIBLE SUCKERS (if there are any, and it's not all shill bidding).

Old 07-05-2002, 09:53 AM
Administrator

Posted By: John(z28jd)

I dont trust this runscott person,looks like he has alot of people running up the price of this auction(over $4 already!),27 bids already including people with a star wars name and a camaro name and someone from canada,definitely shill bidding

Old 07-05-2002, 10:16 AM
Administrator

It concerns me more that libertyforall and historictreasures are adulterating the pre1950s category with crap. It would be much more enjoyable to use ebay if ajcsportscards, libertyforall, and historictreasures would go away.

It is even more disturbing that they are destroying so many great publications that will never be available again except as reprints. Some of the old Spaldings have been reprinted, but the Reach's aren't available.

While it is good that people get a laugh, I hope to make a farce out of libertyforall and historictreasures - I believe it is entirely doable, and I can use ebay's ambivalence to my advantage.

Hi Keith - check out my new formatted text signature. hint,hint.