NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-16-2019, 08:38 AM
Kev1n @1les

Default Heritage- wow

I won a 48 Bowman set on Sunday night. I then went to pay yesterday morning with e-check. When I hit the button, I realized that it was a closed checking account from a couple of years ago (closed due to ID theft). I called about noon yesterday and they were able to void the transaction to ensure no NSF fees. I then paid on the new account about 2pm yesterday.

Overnight I received notification that my package had shipped. At 9:23 this morning it was at the front door.

The shipping fees and taxes are pretty heavy and add on to the sales price - but, I couldn’t be happier with the service. I had not bought from them in at least 2 years, yet they got it right out and even helped me fix my blunder.

Thanks to Peter and crew!

53-55 Red Mans Complete Set
Old 07-16-2019, 09:18 AM
Robert Williams

You got a super deal on the Bowman set. I know I used to buy from Heritage all the time. Since they started charging me sales tax though, I haven't really given them a second look. I know it's not their fault, but in my mind, it is really stupid, especially considering how not every state pays the extra tax. I'm sure I am not alone in this.
Old 07-16-2019, 09:21 AM
John Wondowski

Congrats on your purchase and on your superlative customer service experience!!!
Old 07-16-2019, 09:26 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
You got a super deal on the Bowman set. I know I used to buy from Heritage all the time. Since they started charging me sales tax though, I haven't really given them a second look. I know it's not their fault, but in my mind, it is really stupid, especially considering how not every state pays the extra tax. I'm sure I am not alone in this.
Aren't you a dealer? You buy and sell a ton of cards, or is that just a hobby? Being a real dealer with a tax license should make it so you are not paying sales tax on your purchases to resell.

Kevin, that is awesome they did such a great job at customer service for you.
Old 07-16-2019, 10:33 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Aren't you a dealer? You buy and sell a ton of cards, or is that just a hobby? Being a real dealer with a tax license should make it so you are not paying sales tax on your purchases to resell.

Kevin, that is awesome they did such a great job at customer service for you.
It's a hobby....I do it for fun - to help me pay for stuff I want to keep. I have no tax number. But like everything else, the government had to get involved and suck the fun right out of it.
Old 07-16-2019, 10:52 AM
Ben North

Quote:
It's a hobby....I do it for fun - to help me pay for stuff I want to keep. I have no tax number. But like everything else, the government had to get involved and suck the fun right out of it.
I think most of us have done the buy/sell thing as a hobby. Personally I see it as a loophole we have been able to exploit that is now closing up. As a long time business owner I would imagine the "real" dealers with tax IDs are happy about it. It makes for a more level playing field for them.
Old 07-16-2019, 11:09 AM
Kev1n @1les

Quote:
You got a super deal on the Bowman set.
. Thanks Bobby. I always assume that I am the dead money that puts one extra bid in past an items value. The Scooter, Yogi, and Spahn are graded but the Musial is raw so I need to get that one in hand. It says there are 10-15% trimmed which would 5-8 so hopefully I got enough value that I can upgrade and no be over my skis in it.

53-55 Red Mans Complete Set
Old 07-16-2019, 11:52 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

How many freakin' times do we have to go over this? If your state has sales tax you owe it regardless of whether it is collected as sales tax by the seller or whether you are supposed to pay it as a use tax with your own tax returns. Please stop whining that the government is somehow treating you unfairly by making Heritage collect sales tax; it is finally policing the tax obligation that you have been dodging. I for one am happy that the states are finally going after the tax evaders who are free-riding on the rest of us who pay our taxes.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 07-16-2019 at 11:52 AM.
Old 07-16-2019, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
How many freakin' times do we have to go over this? If your state has sales tax you owe it regardless of whether it is collected as sales tax by the seller or whether you are supposed to pay it as a use tax with your own tax returns. Please stop whining that the government is somehow treating you unfairly by making Heritage collect sales tax; it is finally policing the tax obligation that you have been dodging. I for one am happy that the states are finally going after the tax evaders who are free-riding on the rest of us who pay our taxes.
It's totally unfair to tax these high-priced cards (and coins, comics, etc.) These are more like investments (whether good or bad is debatable) than consumer goods.

We don't pay sales tax when we buy stocks, bonds, etc.. The same should apply to other investments as well.
Old 07-16-2019, 12:28 PM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejharrington View Post
It's totally unfair to tax these high-priced cards (and coins, comics, etc.) These are more like investments (whether good or bad is debatable) than consumer goods.

We don't pay sales tax when we buy stocks, bonds, etc.. The same should apply to other investments as well.
Exactly......it's almost like paying taxes on a used TV. Wasn't the sales tax paid on it when the item was new?? How many times are you gonna freaking tax an item. PS - don't be a donkey.
Old 07-16-2019, 12:36 PM
Martin
Martin L.ee

Default Heritage excellence

To the OP I have to agree that Heritage is the best in the business when it comes to customer service. The shipping is extraordinary. It's as if they have their own expedited shipping service which is an extension of their AH's excellence. It would be nearly impossible to improve upon Heritage's entire process from bid to delivery.

Five stars or 10/10 all day.
Old 07-16-2019, 12:37 PM
Martin
Martin L.ee

Quote:
Exactly......it's almost like paying taxes on a used TV. Wasn't the sales tax paid on it when the item was new?? How many times are you gonna freaking tax an item. PS - don't be a donkey.
Good point. Another reason to revise the tax laws for certain commodities. It is very much a blanket policy at this time.