NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 08-15-2023, 01:43 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Default Movie ticket stubs

I remember Heritage tried generating a lot of hoopla about movie ticket stubs a few months back - or was it Goldin. Can't be sure. My recolection is it went nowhere fast and was a bust. Have seen a few people on eBay offering first day stubs for big movies. Some even encapsulated. I think the whole idea is ludicrous, but I've been wrong many times before. 20 years from now are we going to be kicking oursleves that we don't have a PSA 10 Barbie opening weekend movie ticket stub?

Last edited by Snapolit1; 08-15-2023 at 01:44 PM.
Old 08-15-2023, 01:50 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
I remember Heritage tried generating a lot of hoopla about movie ticket stubs a few months back - or was it Goldin. Can't be sure. My recolection is it went nowhere fast and was a bust. Have seen a few people on eBay offering first day stubs for big movies. Some even encapsulated. I think the whole idea is ludicrous, but I've been wrong many times before. 20 years from now are we going to be kicking oursleves that we don't have a PSA 10 Barbie opening weekend movie ticket stub?
Do they still have paper tix to movies? Or perhaps we should all take/save screen shots from our phones.

Seems ludicrous, but you never know!

https://www.youtube.com/@tsogreatness/videos
Old 08-15-2023, 09:09 PM
CJ

I've always saved my stubs for the memories. I can't see how they'd be worth anything with a million tickets sold on day one at random theaters everywhere. They're probably rare-ish, but who cares?

I do have a fancy pre-screening ticket for Revenge of The Sith with poster art on it.

Pretty sure it was in a book that I got from a goodwill way back. I just found it again while cleaning out some junk.

There was one going for ~50 bucks on ebay when I checked a month ago.

I have a tentative deal to sell it to a buddy for 40 since I hate the prequels.

Then again, a 16-year-old boxed iphone sold for 190k earlier this year... so, what do I know? Maybe save those stubs.
Old 08-16-2023, 11:38 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Well, I collected Academy Awards tickets for years and have a heck of a collection of them, so I hope entertainment tickets besides concert tickets pick up a following.

This one is from the first Board of Governors Ball held after the show:

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 08-16-2023, 12:37 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Oh those are very cool.
Old 08-17-2023, 12:46 AM
Doug Goodman

Among the best concert films ever made...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1982-05-22 Ticket AC-DC Movie.JPG (156.8 KB, 112 views)
Old 08-17-2023, 11:17 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug.goodman View Post
Among the best concert films ever made...
Bon died in early 1980... looks like the film is from '82. Really hope it includes some footage of the great Bon Scott, but will definitely be checking it out either way. Thanks for the post!

Old 08-17-2023, 07:59 PM
Doug Goodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
Bon died in early 1980... looks like the film is from '82. Really hope it includes some footage of the great Bon Scott, but will definitely be checking it out either way. Thanks for the post!
From wikipedia :

AC/DC: Let There Be Rock was filmed on 9 December 1979 at the Pavillon de Paris in Paris, France. It also contains interviews with members of the band, including vocalist Bon Scott, who died the following February.

"My first punk rock moment was going to see the AC/DC movie, Let There Be Rock," recalled Dave Grohl. "It was the first time I'd felt that energy; like, I just wanna fuckin' break something. I'm so excited that I'm losing my mind! It was dirty and sweaty. Fuckin' beautiful."

It's the entire live performance, and it's amazing.
Doug

PS - I went to see the Barbie movie a few days ago but it wasn't as good as LTBR, and I didn't get a ticket...

Last edited by doug.goodman; 08-17-2023 at 08:01 PM.
Old 08-18-2023, 01:09 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
From wikipedia :

PS - I went to see the Barbie movie a few days ago but it wasn't as good as LTBR, and I didn't get a ticket...
Slightly different energy...

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 08-18-2023, 07:33 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
From wikipedia :

AC/DC: Let There Be Rock was filmed on 9 December 1979 at the Pavillon de Paris in Paris, France. It also contains interviews with members of the band, including vocalist Bon Scott, who died the following February.

"My first punk rock moment was going to see the AC/DC movie, Let There Be Rock," recalled Dave Grohl. "It was the first time I'd felt that energy; like, I just wanna fuckin' break something. I'm so excited that I'm losing my mind! It was dirty and sweaty. Fuckin' beautiful."

It's the entire live performance, and it's amazing.
Doug

Much appreciated Doug... I'm putting this one in the "must see" category!