NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 08-06-2023, 02:25 PM
MJ

Default Type 1 photos

I am new to type 1 photo collecting, and I am wondering beside finding them on ebay and auction houses, where else can I buy them from? Who are some of the trust worthy dealers/collectors in this space?
Old 08-06-2023, 03:19 PM

Default " BST" memorabilia on forum here

..Buy Sell Trade memorabilia " Photos Etc."
Old 08-06-2023, 04:23 PM
Jamie

I would start with RMY and start small. Get a feel for what is available, subject matter(s) you want and price point. The owner (a member here) does a great job describing the photos even if they are not authenticated by PSA. He uses a system he created but is very close (and logical) so some of his described Vintage 1 would end up a Type 2. He typically described them that way.

The other bigger houses get some solid and high end options too, but of course, are mixed within the regular auctions.

I have bought some here on Net54 including a snap shot of Gehrig’s Luckiest Man Speech.

I have bought a few a show or two, but most of what I get are through the auctions.

It may make sense to buy non slabbed photos, so you can feel them too.
Old 08-06-2023, 04:28 PM
Jamie

If you do not own “A Portrait of Baseball Photography” by Henry Yee/Fogel/Oder and Jim Chapman’s “Baseball Photography of the Deadball Era” book get them and read them first.
Old 08-07-2023, 10:43 PM
MJ

looking to buy high quality type 1 photos
Old 08-09-2023, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlesinj View Post
If you do not own “A Portrait of Baseball Photography” by Henry Yee/Fogel/Oder and Jim Chapman’s “Baseball Photography of the Deadball Era” book get them and read them first.
I second this whole heartedly. It saved me money. Made me money. But much, much more importantly passed along insight and grew my appreciation for photography.

Tags
cobb, michael jordan, photos, ruth, type 1