NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-21-2005, 07:01 PM
Administrator

Default Mastronet Wow!

Posted By: Charlie O'Neal

12 hours into the auction and is already past what I expected a lot I was interested in to go for. Some lots took off like a rocket once bidding opened. Can't wait till they show up on eBay...I hope they show up.

Old 11-21-2005, 09:24 PM
Administrator

Default Mastronet Wow!

Posted By: Cat

I actually thought that since so many auctions are going on at once supply might exceed demand to the point that one could get some good buys. But as always, there is a real rush to the elite stuff. There are probably 100 33/34 Goudeys (mostly PSA 8s) that do not even have bids yet in the MastroNet auction. Some are HOFers to boot. Everything I am looking at is already at or past my limit and we are only 12 hours into the auction.

Old 11-22-2005, 04:57 AM
Administrator

Default Mastronet Wow!

Posted By: Alan

You would think there's no way Mastro can not top this, but somehow they will in their next premium auction.

Old 11-22-2005, 05:29 AM
Administrator

Default Mastronet Wow!

Posted By: barrysloate

It does fascinate me how quickly a lot in their auctions will skyrocket to within 10-20% of its final bid. There must be some reason for this feeding frenzy. Most auctions are just the opposite, with lots relatively dormant until the end. I think it's a tribute to the sheer volume and amazing quality of their material that bidders can't get their bids in fast enough. I started bidding at 11:15 EST, 15 minutes after it started, and almost everything I bid on already had multiple bids and in some cases was already triple its opening.

Old 11-22-2005, 05:31 AM
Administrator

Default Mastronet Wow!

Posted By: david

i think with mastro most people get their bids in early so they can keep getting the catalogs. with mastro it seems like 90% of the early bids are not by 'serious' bidders

Old 11-22-2005, 11:13 AM
Administrator

Default Mastronet Wow!

Posted By: tbob

If the early bidding is in any way indicative of the way the bidding is going to go, I will find myself on the outside looking in. The caramel cards took off like a rocket. I expected some major bidding on Nagy's E94s but not as quickly and not as much this early.

Old 11-22-2005, 12:14 PM
Administrator

Default Mastronet Wow!

Posted By: barrysloate

It's starting to look like if you want to win any of the better card lots, you might have the raise the ante for what you think they are worth. Last week's prices are obsolete; we're now dealing with this week.

Old 11-22-2005, 12:30 PM
Administrator

Default Mastronet Wow!

Posted By: Cat

I was the lead bidder on a card and since the next highest increment was as high as I would go (10% higher), I decided to put in another bid using their "straight bid" format. I tried reading the Mastro bidding rules, since I did not want to automatically increase my existing bid. I simply wanted to increase my limit to what I would go by 10%. I couldn't find how this would actually work in their rules section so just put the bid in. Well... now I am still the high bidder but at 10% more. I could of used their "max bid" format, but that would of raised my bid by 20% and I really didn't want to do that. So essentially, I bid against myself. I am not real unnerved by this, since I think the card would of reached this limit, and likely beyond anyway, but potentially I could of cost myself some fairly significant money. It's something to keep in mind, especially on the last days of bidding if you plan to "up" your bids.

Old 11-24-2005, 09:29 AM
Administrator

Default Mastronet Wow!

Posted By: Julie Vognar

so..many..great...cards..all the cards I own in better condition..except for a few 19th century (guess that's what REA was after

Old 11-24-2005, 10:12 AM
Administrator

Default Mastronet Wow!

Posted By: Julie Vognar

Look at it this way: if you've discouraged other bidders, you'll still get the card at ther 10% less price...bloody likely!