NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-24-2002, 12:56 PM
Administrator

Default Admin Question

Posted By: Elliot

It has been suggested to me that the Buy/Sell/Trade thread is getting too long, and that it is a pain to scroll down to the new items. I think that at obviously at some point a new thread should be started, but the question is when?

I realize some of the threads are getting dated (Hal found his McPhee) but I don't want everybody to necessarily repost their old ads. Ideas? Suggestions?

Elliot

Old 05-24-2002, 01:06 PM
Administrator

Default Admin Question

Posted By: Julie Vognar

Is there some SIMPLE way--sure. Once a week, start a post Buy-Sell-trade. Or once every two weeks. It'as going to be impossible to please everyone. The guy qwho has to keep posting the same thing time after time won't be too happy.

Reminds me of my classified ad in VCBC; it's been there for 2 years, and I haven't gotten so much as a postcard. It's free.

Old 05-24-2002, 01:44 PM
Administrator

Default Admin Question

Posted By: jeff

once every week or two for sales, but keep some sort of ongoing post for "wants." Some of the wantlists will remain the same (Andy B's comes to mind) for a really long time, and since many people on the board are looking for things they may not find for months or years, it would be nice to have a post to build on for those.

Or maybe the best way is to link to some website where everyone posts their long-term wants.

Old 05-24-2002, 01:46 PM
Administrator

Default Admin Question

Posted By: Tim

Every week or two sounds good to me. People can always cut and paste into a new thread. It would be interesting to hear from people who have posted under the buy/sell/trade thread what kind of luck this thread has been to them.

Tim

Old 05-24-2002, 01:51 PM
Administrator

Default Admin Question

Posted By: john

I think it would be good if possible to have a different web page with a link to it from this site. As far as how people did with their post in the buy/sell thread,sadly no one has given me any free t206 yet.

Old 05-24-2002, 01:52 PM
Administrator

Default Admin Question

Posted By: Andy Baran

My wantlist wouldn't remain the same if you guys would just sell me the few cards that I am looking for. Someone must have an E107 Lajoie handing around. By the way, my list was reduced a couple of weeks ago, due to my purchase of an M116 Joe Wood. The seller knew that I was looking for the card because of this board.

Old 05-24-2002, 01:56 PM
Administrator

Default Admin Question

Posted By: petecld

I know when this was discussed before that the feedback you received was against the idea of posting Buy/Sell messages on the board but the number of responses to that thread seems to imply otherwise. Collectors do/are using this board as a source to locate others who can possibly fill in their want lists. There really is no way of starting over without everyone re-posting their requests. Was doing it the old way so bad? Did it really get out of hand?

My first proposal is to just go back to doing it the old way, or. . .

If you still want to keep them in one thread, then my idea is to make 3 new threads: "For sale" - "Wanted" - "For Trade"

Those using these threads will:

- post what they have to trade, want to buy, or want to sell & where to find them in the respective thread.

- use NO pictures (just to save time)

- MUST post a personal email address for others to respond to

People won't reply here, ONLY to the personal email addresses so you won't need to scroll through a series of replys. The thread will be NOTHING BUT a certain type of request - just like classified ads.

I also think if you just reply to the top post the new ones don't shift to the right as they appear to do on my computer. I could be wrong.

Does this help?

Old 05-24-2002, 01:58 PM
Administrator

Default Admin Question

Posted By: Jaime Leiderman

How about individual threads.

OJ's/19th C.
T206's/T205's
Etc...

I normally skip post 1900 stuff, so now you know my "hidden" agenda.

Old 05-24-2002, 02:20 PM
Administrator

Default Admin Question

Posted By: john

i like petes idea of 3 different threads buy sell wanted with no replies in the thread,and email addresses.....or the web page with the link from this site,either one sounds good

Old 05-24-2002, 02:27 PM
Administrator

Default Admin Question

Posted By: leon

As someone who never really thought there was a problem with the old way of doing it....ie just posting "at will" I would tend to agree with one thread ea. for buy, sell, or trade....with no responses in that particular thread....goodness sakes if you want something put your friggin' (trademark Tbob) email address on the post where it says "Your Email-optional" so people can help you.......that makes 2 peso's worth today.....regards all.....

Old 05-24-2002, 02:29 PM
Administrator

Default Admin Question

Posted By: Trevor Hocking

Elliot,
I completely agree with Pete. I think seperate threads for Buy, Sell, and Trade would work great. I did perfer the old way of just posting a thread for what you where looking for, or if you had cards to sell, but I think with seperate threads that work like a classified ad it could be very useful. I did want to say thanks for all of your great work keeping this site strong. Keep up the great work and do as you see fit. I know you will always treat this board with a fair hand. Thanks again Elliot.
Trevor

Old 05-24-2002, 03:31 PM
Administrator

Default Admin Question

Posted By: runscott

Start a new thread every 2 or 3 months with a "delete thread date" in the Message Title, adding the new thread a few days in advance of delting the old. Then posters can cut and paste into the new thread.