NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-03-2019, 06:24 AM

Default Careful Friends, I don't like this Nodgrass

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254408916569?ul_noapp=true

Should have part of the right side of the "S" still visable.

No good in my opinion

Dan Mckee
Old 11-03-2019, 07:48 AM
Ben North

It's great to have honest guys like yourself watching out for the rest of us.

Last edited by bnorth; 11-03-2019 at 07:49 AM.
Old 11-03-2019, 10:49 AM
Andrew Hunt00n

But Dan, PSA authenticated it as a Nodgrass.

The Great T206 Back Stamp Project: Click Here
My Online Trading Site: Click Here
Member of OBC (Old Baseball Cards), the longest running on-line collecting club www.oldbaseball.com
My Humble Blog: Click Here
Old 11-03-2019, 11:40 AM
Henry Levy

I agree with Dan.
Definitely looks suspect because none of the initial “S” is showing.
Not like any of the real Nodgrass cards I’ve owned.
Steer clear of this one.
Old 11-03-2019, 01:39 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

So you're saying that the people here know more than PSA? How could that be? They don't want us to get cheated, so you must be wrong. This Nodgrass is good.
Old 11-03-2019, 03:19 PM

Agreed Dan. I used to own one, had part of the "S".
Old 11-03-2019, 07:53 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

From what I heard on an elevator at the Embassy Suites, when at the National this year, is that we are troublemakers and hot heads. Nice catch Dan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
So you're saying that the people here know more than PSA? How could that be? They don't want us to get cheated, so you must be wrong. This Nodgrass is good.

Last edited by Leon; 11-03-2019 at 07:54 PM.
Old 11-04-2019, 06:34 AM
Brendan Mullen

What a beautiful card in general. The snarl, the colors, etc.
Old 11-04-2019, 10:46 AM
Ryan
Ryan McCla.nahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
At this point, where is the indication that PSA's opinion is worth trusting? I don't trust them, why should you? Because they're an authority...an authority whose under investigation by the FBI is all you should know to ask questions of PSA. Personally I dont put too much faith in them, or Beckett and certainly not SGC.

If collectors only did their homework on grading this stuff and stopped being such nickel mercenaries, perhaps we wouldn't need companies like PSA, Beckett or SGC. Even Burdick, Lionel Carter and Buck Barker knew that there had to be a value placed on these cards, but they cautioned against high values which they believed could destroy the Hobby. I cant disagree that their assessment. I believe there are a lot of inflated pricing going on and that SMR and PSA should be 100% separated because it appears to be a conflict of interest.
Old 11-04-2019, 11:30 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat61 View Post
At this point, where is the indication that PSA's opinion is worth trusting? I don't trust them, why should you? Because they're an authority...an authority whose under investigation by the FBI is all you should know to ask questions of PSA. Personally I dont put too much faith in them, or Beckett and certainly not SGC.

If collectors only did their homework on grading this stuff and stopped being such nickel mercenaries, perhaps we wouldn't need companies like PSA, Beckett or SGC. Even Burdick, Lionel Carter and Buck Barker knew that there had to be a value placed on these cards, but they cautioned against high values which they believed could destroy the Hobby. I cant disagree that their assessment. I believe there are a lot of inflated pricing going on and that SMR and PSA should be 100% separated because it appears to be a conflict of interest.
I’m with you 100% and was joking about PSA being the ultimate authority. If you check just a few of my other posts, you’ll see we view it the same. PSAs credibility has taken a nosedive. I thought I could get by without the sarcasm emoji after railing against them so many times now.

That said... this Nodgrass is just another of their many disgraces.
Old 11-04-2019, 12:26 PM
Johnny MaZilli

This Crapola is all being covered up and "TAKEN CARE OF" Behind the scenes. Follow the money. I don't see the buys/sales dropping, either real/fake manipulated back in the safe sales. The most corrupt hobby out there.

Last edited by Johnny630; 11-04-2019 at 12:30 PM.
Old 11-04-2019, 12:28 PM
Chuck Tapia

snodgrass schmodcrass, just another trim soak job.
Old 11-04-2019, 12:38 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny630 View Post
This Crapola is all being covered up and "TAKEN CARE OF" Behind the scenes. Follow the money. I don't see the buys/sales dropping, either real/fake manipulated back in the safe sales. The most corrupt hobby out there.
LOL, it isn't being hidden. It jut depends on who you are if you get called out for it or not. If you are in the "IN" crowd nothing but crickets when you get caught. If you are the one calling them out you get called a moron or idiot. If you are not in the "IN" crowd then all hell breaks loose.

Last edited by bnorth; 11-04-2019 at 12:39 PM.
Old 11-04-2019, 12:43 PM
Johnny MaZilli

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
LOL, it isn't being hidden. It jut depends on who you are if you get called out for it or not. If you are in the "IN" crowd nothing but crickets when you get caught. If you are the one calling them out you get called a moron or idiot. If you are not in the "IN" crowd then all hell breaks loose.
If it wasn't for this board and blowout who else would raise hell?

Sadly as you and most on this board know this has been going on for years!

Last edited by Johnny630; 11-04-2019 at 12:47 PM.
Old 11-04-2019, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpm0014 View Post
What a beautiful card in general. The snarl, the colors, etc.
I would personally give the nod to my Snods.

Brian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg t206snodgrass850.jpg (72.2 KB, 374 views)

Last edited by brianp-beme; 11-04-2019 at 12:59 PM. Reason: adjusted sizing of scan
Old 11-07-2019, 09:50 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I would only give the nod to 92% of the one on the right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianp-beme View Post
I would personally give the nod to my Snods.

Brian
Old 11-08-2019, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I would only give the nod to 92% of the one on the right.
Call me odd, but my favorite part of the Snod card on the right is the 8% missing.

Brian
Old 11-09-2019, 01:16 PM

WOW! George Hober I believe was the gentleman lasering off these "S" and he lived in PA.... This seller is in PA and also has a Catching pose Nodgrass which absolutely can't exist.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/T206-Fred-S...kAAOSw-a5dvekm

Is good ole George still with us or could this be a relative selling these bogus junkers?
Old 11-09-2019, 01:19 PM

PSA should get these doctored junkers off the market.....
Old 11-09-2019, 08:28 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmckee View Post
PSA should get these doctored junkers off the market.....
But they'll just say to return them to the seller.
Old 11-10-2019, 02:55 PM
Michael Durrett
Banned

What a merry-go-round!

You guys eat PSA stuff daily then also act like their awful.

So weird.
Old 11-10-2019, 03:11 PM
Johnny MaZilli

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeerGut View Post
What a merry-go-round!

So weird.
Many do on the board....true statement...however a great many do not ..it’s a never ending vicious cycle. The more skin in the game, meaning you’re selling or hold large dollar or large volume PSA Slabs the less you’re to Bi£H and Moan....and vice versa if you don’t...let them have it sound the alarm on how much the Stink.

PSA won’t change or be responsible for anything Ironclad Policy it’s Just Their Opinion Nothing More Nothing Less. All the info is out their for people to see.....they’re still getting thousands of cards a week to grade despite what has been exposed.

Keep the wheels in motion nothing to see here. They keep sending us cards in droves....the big money guys, Major Dealers and Auction Houses need their service they won’t bite the hand that feeds them. Keep Pumping this is the Strongest Market So Much Room for for future growth potential......our cards still sell for the most....we are fine. Just keep business as usual this will all blow over.

It’s a brutal game

Last edited by Johnny630; 11-10-2019 at 03:24 PM.
Old 11-10-2019, 03:23 PM
Andrew Hunt00n

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeerGut View Post
What a merry-go-round!

So weird.
I don't think you can throw us all in one category and say "you guys". There are a lot of differing opinions on PSA. Some still defend them because their cards hold the most value in the market and others don't like them because they can't (or as some believe) purposely don't identify altered cards consistently. But throwing us all in the same boat is just wrong.

The Great T206 Back Stamp Project: Click Here
My Online Trading Site: Click Here
Member of OBC (Old Baseball Cards), the longest running on-line collecting club www.oldbaseball.com
My Humble Blog: Click Here
Old 11-10-2019, 03:35 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobbSpikedMe View Post
I don't think you can throw us all in one category and say "you guys". There are a lot of differing opinions on PSA. Some still defend them because their cards hold the most value in the market and others don't like them because they can't (or as some believe) purposely don't identify altered cards consistently. But throwing us all in the same boat is just wrong.
And it's also entirely possible that both are true.

That PSA is either incompetent or corrupt
And that they add and/or retain value

Just because a company has people that aren't all that good at what they're doing doesn't mean their product isn't wildly successful. (See - Most of the software industry, and pretty much all the companies that sell millions of cheap junky products through WalMart, Target, and Amazon. )