NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-02-2013, 10:12 AM
Jerry.Gal.le.ano

Retired UPS Manager and Financial Advisor.

I have a part time gig as State Inspector for professional boxing, mixed martial arts and wrestling. They actually pay me to sit ringside!

That's me "inspecting" from the apron for a Showtime event.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Corner Pedraza.jpg (75.5 KB, 775 views)

Last edited by Jerry G; 09-02-2013 at 10:19 AM.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:53 AM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Real Estate Broker in Queens and Long Island
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:23 AM
N@te

Hmm, I must be the youngest person on here.

A portion of my collection on GUA:

https://gameusedauthority.com/all-co...member_id=pUnl
Old 09-02-2013, 11:26 AM
David McDonald

Another land surveyor
LPLS 9515, State of Hawaii (Retired)

Old 09-02-2013, 11:40 AM
Dan Paradis

Thanks to all of the N54 members who served in the military. You'll never hear me refer to any sports figure as a hero (never did, even as a child). I save that for all of you! FYI... whenever I'm feeling bad that I have to work a lot of hours or even a little depressed, I watch a war movie (started doing this when I was about 25). It doesn't take long for me to realize I have nothing to complain about.

Sold my business and retired when I was 40. Retirement lasted one year (pretty much the most boring year of my life). I realize now I want to work right up to the day I die.

Right now I'm manage a golf course, restaurant and banquet facility I bought with some friends and family in 2002. I'm also own a software consulting business which is really my primary job.
Old 09-02-2013, 01:54 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry G View Post
Retired UPS Manager and Financial Advisor.

I have a part time gig as State Inspector for professional boxing, mixed martial arts and wrestling. They actually pay me to sit ringside!

That's me "inspecting" from the apron for a Showtime event.
I know what I'd be inspecting in that photo.
Old 09-02-2013, 02:36 PM
Christopher Herman

For the past five years, I've been a case manager for children and adolescents with severe emotional disorders at a social services agency in Queens, NY but lately I've been thinking about going back to teaching high school Social Studies.

Christopher.

My needs lists:
W514 strip cards
W515-2 strip cards
Old 09-02-2013, 02:43 PM
And.rew C0rs0

I'm a Navy surface warfare officer working at the Pentagon now
Old 09-02-2013, 02:44 PM

What do I do for a living? As little as possible.

Retired (three years) college English Professor.

Cheers,
Mike
Old 09-02-2013, 02:47 PM
Skip

Sales, New Era Cap Co., 41 years and still going...
Old 09-02-2013, 03:37 PM
Ben North

I owned a small Masonry construction company for 20 years. Then for the last 3 years I have grown hydroponic produce(fruit/vegetables) in a 40' X 76' greenhouse for a living.
A picture from a few months ago of the tomatoes.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:57 PM

Retired in 1994, after 30-something years in the mortgage industry. I created a mortgage company for a large aerospace corporation and established an operations center to purchase mortgage loans from the western half of the United States for a large east coast insurance corporation. Spent a few years taking screenwriting classes and art/watercolor classes trying to find a way not to go back in to the mortgage industry.

Ended up taking a job with the county where I assess commercial and industrial properties for real estate tax purposes. Get to see a lot of interesting businesses in the county including a couple of convents (they are still inventoried though not taxed), crematoriums, new shopping malls, theme restaurants and the place they wash the county's buses.

I enjoy what I'm doing now, I get to be outdoors most of the time and the work is not physically taxing (excuse the pun). Not sure when I'll retire again.
Old 07-05-2015, 05:56 AM
Skip

Default Now retired...

...but still going (reading, writing, and collecting)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashvol View Post
Sales, New Era Cap Co., 41 years and still going...
Old 07-05-2015, 02:04 PM
Ken McMillan

practicing veterinarian for the last 30 years and still going strong after some health issues a few years back.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:14 AM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by novakjr View Post
I know what I'd be inspecting in that photo.
I'm with you, brother. It took me a minute to realize there were other people in the picture.

By the way, I've really enjoyed reading this thread, everybody. It is truly amazing to me how people with such diverse backgrounds and employment histories can come together to enjoy a common hobby, and a love of America's pastime. These threads are wonderful, because while the items that are shared on the forum are simply amazing, it is the members of Net54 that make this place what it is.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.

Last edited by the 'stache; 09-04-2013 at 03:26 AM.