NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 06-07-2013, 06:03 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Default Negro League Broadside

Is there any chance this is real? I know coming from dreaded Ohio.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1930s-Negro-...item19dd9b0df8
Old 06-07-2013, 06:15 PM
Kevin O'Gara

First thing. Do u really think it would be in that good condition , no blemishes etc. RUN AWAY. Anything paper pretty much I don't even look at anymore. How many posts do we have to read about is it real or not , or forged. This hobby is really starting to suck because now I am questioning everything... IM so tired.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:03 PM
G@ry Cier@dkowski

It's a repro of a real broadside. I believe the original was printed in black and red as well. This looks like it was printed on that fake parchment paper they used to print the Declaration of Independence and colonial currency on when I was a kid in the 70's.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:12 PM
Phil Garry

Don't think so and a real one won't be worth a whole lot of money anyway.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:50 PM
J@son M1ller

Agree with all above. Here's one that sold in Fusco Auctions.

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/...ball-broadside
Old 06-08-2013, 07:01 AM
G@ry Cier@dkowski

Yes that's the red and black ink original I was referring to. When you compare the two side by side it's easy to tell the fake. I wouldn't even consider buying a broadside these days without thoroughly researching before hand. There are so many fake out there and even many very poorly done "recreations" that it makes your head spin.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:41 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by khkco4bls View Post
First thing. Do u really think it would be in that good condition , no blemishes etc. RUN AWAY. Anything paper pretty much I don't even look at anymore. How many posts do we have to read about is it real or not , or forged. This hobby is really starting to suck because now I am questioning everything... IM so tired.
I hope if a member doesn't know if something is real or not they will always ask. There is no limit on being careful, imo. Looking at this issue another way, finding a real item is getting to be more difficult, which makes the times we do find a great one, all the better. It's all about perspective.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:14 AM
G@ry Cier@dkowski

I think question posts like this are great because that's how you learn. I have an extensive background in printing, design and also making period-specific movie props and I'm always happy to help someone else who does not have the experience as I do. Same as I appreciate the help when I ask about signatures or cards, things I do not have a huge amount of experience with. Net54 is a font of expertise you can't find on any other board out there, period. We all do each other a favor by helping members who lack the hard earned knowledge some on here have. In that way we both educate hobbyists and also increase the number of collectors who are able to spot a fake and not reward the con artists with a purchase.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:04 AM
Dan Brown

The only thing about asking about an item, is that some members feel an auction is being outed, when really the less knowledgeable person is just looking for help.