NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Everything Else, Football, Non-Sports etc.. B/S/T

Old 04-25-2010, 05:05 PM
Matt S.

Default game used and signed cricket bat

OK forum friends....I need some help....today while at a local antiques mall, I came across something I really know nothing about. I found a cricket bat. Well, this cricket bat is game used and signed by Javed Miandad....yep, thats what I said "who"???. Well. I do collect alot of baseball items and this cricket bat does look very cool and is ready for display...Does anybody know anything about this player ( I hear he has many records and is in the Hall of Fame at Lords). Is this a cool item or trash...Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.....I'm sure there are alot of cricket fans..PLEASE..any help..Thanks.....Matt
Old 04-26-2010, 12:59 AM
Jim D

I dont know anything about cricket, i dont think many guys will on here.. you might get the odd guy....

from the info on wikipedia, he is supposedly the greatest ever. It might be worth a pickup if you can confirm his signature.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Javed_Miandad

It is better to be quiet and thought of as a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt!!
Old 04-26-2010, 04:17 AM
Matt S.

Thanks..I am hopeing that someone might know something about this guy..I did check out Wikipedia and Ebay and he acrually has some YOUTUBE clips..I dont know the game, but reporters were saying in one ofhis games, he hit th ball farther than any one else.....I paid $17.00 for the Cricket Bat and it came directly from England...I have no idea its worth..Anyone have a idea on the value of something like this, I guess he is the Albert Pujols of the Cricket world......Thanks
Old 04-26-2010, 11:46 AM
Jim D

I think 17$ is a steal.. i dont imagine you can buy any cricket bat for 17$, even a "walmart" quality one. If you can somehow prove the authenticity, you have a great find. Cricket is a hugely popular game, just not in North America. I think you would have to contact someone overseas to find out its true value.

It is better to be quiet and thought of as a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt!!
Old 04-26-2010, 12:06 PM
Matt S.

thanks for the info..It is really cool, definately game used and per the seller he obtained it in England and brought it with him to the States...I too thought for $17.00 you cant go wrong, and then finding out it was signed by a superstar of the sport..that was a BONUS.....Its cool to find interesting things at Flea markets and antique malls.... the hunt is sometimes funner then the actually prize...Just trying to find out about this cricket bat is pretty cool...its opening me up into another sport and country..
Old 04-26-2010, 04:51 PM

Default crickets

I do not know anything about cricket. Could you post a picture of the bat?
Old 04-26-2010, 04:52 PM
Kyle B@rni@k

Default Bat

Do you have a photo? I have some antique cricket items myself-make nice decoratives.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:41 PM
Matt S.

Default Photos of the cricket bat

The bat is made by English Willow. The blue wrapping on the handle says "Maruti". As you can see, there is a label on the bat indicating "used and recommended by Javed Miandad" along with his signature. It shows alot of game use (and is very cool). This bat was brought to the States directly from England.

Any information would be appreciated. Does anybody know the value of something like this? I read that Javed Miandad is one of the best cricket players ever.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3986.jpg (77.6 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3987.jpg (74.8 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3988.jpg (76.9 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3989.jpg (78.2 KB, 61 views)
Old 04-26-2010, 06:43 PM
Kyle B@rni@k

Default Bat

Just like our Baseball, Cricket has signature model bats. They sell on average for the 15.00(store model) price range on up to the 185.00 range for the top of the line English Willow. The modern bats range in price up to 800.00. As far as I know it is virtually impossible to identify a "game used" cricket bat as there are not photo matching companies or the like. The player model shown here is represented by the Great Pakistani batsman-ca. 1976 to 1993(Last test) and would not have been used in a pro game. The signature is a facsimile as his real signature is quite different. Thanks for the post.....Here is a post of a pen signed mini bat,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cricket bat sig..jpg (4.8 KB, 52 views)
Old 04-26-2010, 07:18 PM
Matt S.

OK....Thanks for the info and image, I'm glad I only paid $17.00...it looks good on the wall..
Old 04-26-2010, 07:27 PM
Kyle B@rni@k

Default bat

Agreed-great unique item...Enjoy