NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-11-2007, 08:13 PM
Administrator

Default Petition to Reinstate Peter Chaos

Posted By: Julian

LEON you do a very good job moderating this forum but you dropped the ball here. Chaos did not break any of the forum rules. The forum was becoming disruptive when Chaos posted but that was not his doing. The fault there is yours LEON because for many months you allowed a prominent forum member to make unprovoked personal attacks on Chaos. Others saw this and also saw that it was being allowed by you LEON and they decided to jump in and total anarchy ensued. Had you just nicely asked the prominent forum member to tone it down a little in the beginning then the others would never have jumped in and everything would have been fine. I don't fault the prominent forum member. He seems very insecure and just couldn't handle the idea that Chaos has a superior education. LEON the fault lies on you for not doing anything about the unprovoked personal attacks which are against the forum rules. Remember LEON this person is not a troll. Chaos is a passionate collector and a very active member of this fine forum that you run. Thanks for reading and happy holidays to you and your family LEON.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:21 PM
Administrator

Posted By: MVSNYC

you all have to excuse me, i just got in from yet another night of drinking in NYC...so this might be a little "raw"...

is this serious? are you kidding?

Banning Peter C. was the greatest move Leon has ever made, he was (i'll try to be as polite as possible, Jeff L. can fill in the blanks), such a distraction and a really annoying poster (agreed by MANY)...

Leon- simply lock this thread, and let's continue with our Peter C. Free board, it has been a 2 days of calm without him...

MS

Administrator

Posted By: Matt

Is this a joke? You do know his last name isn't Chaos, right?

Administrator

Posted By: Joann

Golly. I wonder who Julian is.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:24 PM
Administrator

Posted By: John H.

Julian, I can't tell if your post is sincere or not but Peter's name is Chao not Chaos. Chaos is what he brings to the board. The prominent board member you refer to is not the only one Peter drives up the wall. I think he has that effect on most of us. Peter is in a better and safer place right now. Limbo is where he belongs. He brought nothing but frustration and head shaking to this forum.

John

Old 12-11-2007, 08:35 PM
Administrator

Posted By: DJ

Can we also PLEASE reinstate Adam Moraine as well then?

It is after all the holidays and Santa Leon should do some pardoning.

DJ

Old 12-11-2007, 08:36 PM
Administrator

Posted By: joe

Maybe Peter changed his name.
Joe

Ty Cobb, Spikes flying!

Old 12-11-2007, 08:42 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian McQueen

Julian,

You are free to chime in with your support of Peter if you'd like. Of course, we don't agree with your assessment of the situation however you are entitled to your opinion. I will ask that you place your full name and email address next to any future posts you may make. If you had taken the time to fully read the forum rules, instead of simply the portion of the rules you feel supports your point, you would realize that anonymity is not allowed in any sort of a confrontational or controversial post. Nothing personal and thank you for your understanding.

Brian McQueen

PS...I have a feeling this thread will be short-lived as we've already hashed over this debate in numerous other threads....

Old 12-11-2007, 08:49 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

Hahhahahahahhahahah! How totally pathetic and sad. What's in the drinking water in Northern California law firms these days. "Julian", bill more and you'll make partner!

Old 12-11-2007, 08:50 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Fred C

I would like to be the first to state that Leon is responsible for global warming and I think he needs to be banned from our forum because of the situation in Iraq and Afghanistan. Three more cans of suds and I'm sure that I'll be able to reason that Leon is also responsible for blue being added to the M&M candy color scheme. All for banning Leon... aiy... done... Brian, you are now the moderator until we can get Leon to repent...

Old 12-11-2007, 08:55 PM
Administrator

Fred, those blue M & Ms always seemed out of place, I agree. But nothing like what they did to my Froot Loops.....

Old 12-11-2007, 08:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bottom of the Ninth

Jeff you need to behave. You are setting a bad example for the rest of us. I will not be able to refrain from making snide and insulting comments towards yet another dullard that has graced the board.

Old 12-11-2007, 09:01 PM
Administrator

I must be three cans of suds ahead of Fred because I have Leon pegged not only for the blue M&M scandal, but also for the dang dark chocolate in the purple bag version as well! It's a conspiracy, and Leon is up to his eyeballs in it.

And (cough) Julian (cough), you really should read the full Forum Rules link as Brian suggests. It really is a very succinct and even elegant summary of what a great job Leon does here.

J

Old 12-11-2007, 09:02 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

I did invent the internet....pretzels anyone?

Old 12-11-2007, 09:07 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Josh Adams

They are making me thirsty.

Petition Denied. Please file your appeal within 10 days.

Old 12-11-2007, 09:31 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jim VB

Jeff,

<<...nothing like what they did to my Froot Loops.....>>

Fruit Loops, my butt! They screwed up Frosted Alpha-Bits! After nearly 50 years of success, they started tinkering with success. First, removed the "Frosted" part and go with 0 grams of sugar. Next, get rid of the corn base and go with oats. Then, act surprised when they stop selling and take them off the market!

Say it ain't so, Leon!

Old 12-11-2007, 09:42 PM
Administrator

Jim, since when have Alpha Bits had frosting on them? I missed that entire seismic change, apparently. I was always a big Alpha Bits and Honeycombs fan.

By the way, besides Froot Loops...my favorite cereal as a kid was Quisp. I hadn't seen it since probably 1970..and then in Bridgehampton this summer I ran across a box. Apparently it's back in very limited locations (not in New York but somehow a box ended up here). I bought it, ran home with it, and ate the entire damn thing while watching a Mets game. Who can forget the great vote between Quisp and Quake?

Old 12-11-2007, 09:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Bretta

Ahhh...breakfast cereal, a favorite subject of mine. IMO Froot Loops are about the same that they've always been as far as I can remember. Now they've really screwed up Frankenberry, BooBerry and Count Chocula. They used to have the really small marshmallows which actually tasted like marshmallows. Quisp is still available in my neck of the woods, but it was gone for much of the 1990s.

Anyone remember Freakies? Terrible cereal, but great prizes.

Old 12-11-2007, 09:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Larry

It was my favorite cereal also. You can order it on the internet and have it delivered in bulk from Seattle, but it will cost about $4 per box not counting shipping costs.
There were also two other types of cereal based upon other characters in the Quisp commercials, but I can't remember their names.

Does anyone remember how tasty the crunchy (fried) Cheetos were back in the 70s? The powdered cheese they coat them with now isn't half as good. Also, Munchos had a version of their chips called Corn Munchos....man were they good!

Old 12-11-2007, 10:02 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jim VB

Wow, talk about hijacking a thread...

Then again, if ever a thread deserved to be hijacked.

Jeff,

From the only reference source my kids like to use (actually banned in our school district this year):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha-Bits

Old 12-11-2007, 10:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob Pomilla

Okay, then, back OT. How many signatures we got on this petition, so far?

Old 12-11-2007, 11:11 PM
Administrator

Posted By: B.C.Daniels

it's "eviscerate the dullard"

read your own left feedback!

BcD

Old 12-12-2007, 12:25 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Ken Wirt

My votes:
1. Quisp
2. Lucky Charms
3. Cocoa Crispies
4. Life
5. Capt.'n'Crunch (with those weird crunch berries)

Old 12-12-2007, 01:45 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Robert Lazar

I take credit for the Peter Chaos reference, I know ingenious it suited him so much that his defender even called him such. O and since this thread is off topic Leon can you put me under Collectors and my website is Rarecards.com, you never responded to my email,
Thanks,
Robert

Old 12-12-2007, 03:08 AM
Administrator

Posted By: dennis

leon can you please ban threads mentioning peter c?

Old 12-12-2007, 03:09 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Rob Dewolf

I probably shouldn't out this, but when I'm in the bizarro world, I spend a lot of time at the Stream of Conciousness message board. What's funny is that in that forum, Peter refuses to post anything except threads about T206 rare backs, strip-card variations, the scarcity of various E-card issues, etc.

Old 12-12-2007, 03:11 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Ryan Christoff

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Old 12-12-2007, 03:43 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Silver

Hello all Please let me intrtoduce myself here im a new member and my name is Jeff. I collect 1957 bb 1914 cj and hof bb rookies.. now please help me im a little confused... When i sign on this wondrefully helpfull site i see a list of topics and who posted them If im interested i might take a look ( i just click on it) If im not intereted in topic or the author i move on to next one! I dont feel it necessary to click on someones post i dont like and tease or personally attack that person in any way. I have seen from what i have read over the year i have lurked here zero improper posts by Peter and way to much bashing by to many of you. You Dont Like It Dont Read it Move On Start Your Own Posts The guy does seem like he is passionate about cards, so am I Jeff

Old 12-12-2007, 04:05 AM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

Julian- nobody here knows who you are or even if that is your real name, but may I say that this is perhaps the dumbest thread ever started on this board. You are nothing more than a troll, and like all cowards, instead of putting your full name on the board as requested, you just disappeared into cyberspace. Go hang out with Peter and have a few beers. Please leave us alone. Thank you.

Old 12-12-2007, 04:35 AM
Administrator

Larry, I just found quisp.com and am strongly considering buying 12 boxes of the cereal.

Ok, I just did it. May God have mercy on my soul. (And wait till my wife sees this delivery -- at least it's not a baseball card)

Old 12-12-2007, 05:15 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Joe D.

your feelings about picking and choosing threads that interest you is spot on accurate.

the missing part of your reasoning: the threads should be ON TOPIC (discussion of primarily Pre-WWII baseball cards). This is not a general forum, it is target specific.

So, when a user consistently posts off topic threads, and is asked very politely to refrain from doing so... but that person feels a need to 'fight the establishment' - ignores polite requests - and continues with creating a multitude of off topic threads, and then consistently bumps those off topic threads to the top when they start to go stale....... well it is a board distraction.

It is not a matter of users choosing to ignore threads they are not interested in.... it is a matter of someone looking for attention by disrupting the board.

edit: forgot one thing Jeff.... how far along are you with those '14 Cracker Jacks. I am thinking of diving in myself. Any advice? Feel free to email me joe@internetville.com

Old 12-12-2007, 05:39 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave F

Barry-

I don't know that Julian is being a coward. I think its just too early in the morning on the west coast for Peter C to be online just yet

Old 12-12-2007, 06:08 AM
Administrator

So you think it may be Peter in disguise? Who even knows anymore.

Old 12-12-2007, 06:31 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave F

Well..."Chaos is a passionate collector"-

Who would even know this having never seen any of his cards? I would have loved to at least have known Peter's ebay handle to see exactly what he was picking up. My thought is "Julian" won't post again..but we will see.

Old 12-12-2007, 06:51 AM
Administrator

Posted By: John E

I remember Quisp as a kid too. I recall I once ordered a Quisp ray gun from them. If memory serves you had to fill it with talcum powder and it made a little puff when you shot it. Also, wasn't there a cereal called Quake as well?

Old 12-12-2007, 06:58 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Joe D.

Yes! I remember that Quisp gun.

Quake and Quisp:

Old 12-12-2007, 07:11 AM
Administrator

Posted By: boxingcardman

Super Sugar Crisp. When they changed that name to delete "sugar" from the title, life was a little diminished for us all.

Anyone remember Danish-Go-Rounds? They were like Pop-Tarts but thicker and they had baseball cards in them (the 3-D all time greats from Rold Gold's 1970 issue).

Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

Old 12-12-2007, 07:12 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jay

This is a great pun. Peter seems to be the human embodiment of Chaos Theory(The behavior of chaotic systems appear to be random). What could be more random than Peter's posts.

Old 12-12-2007, 07:43 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

There is certainly an irony to the whole thread. Kind of intriguing. Personally, I always loved Cap'n Crunch....but at the end of the bowl it was a little too soggy.....regards

Old 12-12-2007, 07:48 AM
Administrator

Posted By: PC

Initially I thought Chao was harmless, and I wasn't a big fan of "spanking the Chao" posts, but in hindsight, he deserved it. The guy never stopped, and only got worse.

And he also deserves a permanent ban.

Why? Because he wasn't here to learn or contribute, only to distract and draw attention to himself. That's trolling, and trolling should not be tolerated.

And let's let Lee back on the board sooner rather than later.

Old 12-12-2007, 09:33 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Ricky Y

As John H stated...the spelling error of Peter's last name by the originator of this post is ironic...Chao certainly did cause chaos in here...LOL.

As for Quisp...I liked Quangaroos myself...

Ricky Y

Old 12-12-2007, 09:38 AM
Administrator

Lucky Charms - I love those little marshmallow pieces. The irony... a thread about a serial poster turns into a thread about cereal...

Old 12-12-2007, 10:04 AM
Administrator

Cocoa Puffs and Sugar Pops. Plus Cap'n Crunch and any of the variants - Quisp, Quake, etc.

And hahhaha on someone mentioning Quangaroos! I have been thinking that since this thread started going in the breakfast direction, and now know it was an actual cereal and not a word I was just imagining.

J

Old 12-12-2007, 10:32 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Todd Schultz

I'm more of an Apple Jacks guy. Sugar Crisp (before it was super, Adam) and Cocoa Krispies too. Anything but Honeycomb--got sick on it once. Anyone remember the short-lived Sir Grapefellow and King Vitaman? They were short lived for a reason.

Of course at Grandma's we had to replace the processed sugar with tablespoon upon tablespoon of the real stuff, making Shredded Wheat, Puffed Rice and some of the Chex more tolerable.

And finally, this time of year I fondly recall hot cream of wheat, with butter, a splash of milk and a half pound or so of brown sugar. A real rib-sticker for the Minnesota winter mornings. Ah, those were the days. See, I don't mind occasionally talking about chow.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:43 AM
Administrator

Cheerios always were and still are my favorite.

But when I was young I used to like Alpha-Bits.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:45 AM
Administrator

Barry, please tell me that you've at least ventured into Honey-Nut Cheerio territory.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:59 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jerry Rucker

I ate Sugar Pops, which had Wild Bill Hickok and Jingles on the Box...also Sugar crisp, Rice Krispies, Alpha Bits. But Grape Nuts..No Way, unless I wanted the baseball card on the box.

Old 12-12-2007, 11:44 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Al Simeone

So let me get this straight Reinstatement of:
Peter C. (1)
All the old Cereals (35)
I myself like Froot Loops it doesnt have any NUTS in it!!!

Old 12-12-2007, 12:54 PM
Administrator

I've tried honey nut but I'm still a straight Cheerios guy.

And please note another famous cereal lover is Jerry Seinfeld. He and I are about the same age, grew up 20 minutes apart from each other, and probably were both TV junkies watching the same shows every afternoon. And you know what they always advertised on kid's TV- breakfast cereals (no, I never met him).

Old 12-12-2007, 12:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: dennis

i always liked rice krinkles and the pitch man so hi(sp?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9gVA01U34k

also some may enjoy this.
http://theimaginaryworld.com/post.html