NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-19-2024, 01:59 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Default White Plains Show

Was nice to get in early. And tons and tons of vintage cards and memorabilia. Met a few sellers Ive purchased from on line and some cool folks from REA, Heritage, Huggins and Scott.

Problem with the show, to the surprise of absolutely no one, is the prices. Every Ruth autograph is 20 or 25k. If not more. Every Gehrig photo is 15k. Every nice Jackie card is double or even triple what it would get a good auction.

I’m appreciative of the people who sell at these shows. It’s great to see the goods in person. It’s just not where I can comfortably buy stuff.
Old 01-19-2024, 07:02 PM
Josh

I agree, I see this often as well on anything I’m generally interested in. Often times 125% of the cards all time record sale for an inferior card or piece.
Old 01-19-2024, 07:14 PM

Default White Plains Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Was nice to get in early. And tons and tons of vintage cards and memorabilia. Met a few sellers Ive purchased from on line and some cool folks from REA, Heritage, Huggins and Scott.

Problem with the show, to the surprise of absolutely no one, is the prices. Every Ruth autograph is 20 or 25k. If not more. Every Gehrig photo is 15k. Every nice Jackie card is double or even triple what it would get a good auction.

I’m appreciative of the people who sell at these shows. It’s great to see the goods in person. It’s just not where I can comfortably buy stuff.
Very inaccurate depiction of pricing. I saw many formidable Ruth autographs in the $8-$12K range (checks; 3 x 5s; etc.), and Brad from Desert Ice is selling 2 beautiful Type 1 Gehrig photos for under $5K. Not sure what pricing you are referring to????
Old 01-19-2024, 08:25 PM
Hunter T4rn1tza

I went today and thought prices were in line with recent shows I attended, but did feel vintage selection was toned down compared to the East Coast National. I was still able to make a few solid pickups, mostly Mays and Mordecai Brown (thanks Howard)

I agree there were some Ruth autos <12k towards the back, across from Ashish's booth if I remember correctly. Jackie and Wagner card prices were outrageous.
Old 01-19-2024, 08:41 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintageclout View Post
Very inaccurate depiction of pricing. I saw many formidable Ruth autographs in the $8-$12K range (checks; 3 x 5s; etc.), and Brad from Desert Ice is selling 2 beautiful Type 1 Gehrig photos for under $5K. Not sure what pricing you are referring to????
Yes Brad had some cool photos at decent prices. You are correct. I painted with too broad a brush. But there were some truly insane prices.
Old 01-20-2024, 09:32 AM
Sammy

I went yesterday and had a great time going through all the different tables (I'll be publishing my recap video later today). I would say that the prices of cards I was looking at were at market value and maybe some were a little above, but a lot of the dealers I spoke with were happy to make a deal at or slightly below market value.

When I walked in, I immediately gravitated to the Champion Sports Card table and picked up the 1969 Transogram Tom Seaver Card. Glad to see my buddy Brian Roth set up next to them.

Anyway, hope for those that went yesterday, y'all came away with something. If you're going today or tomorrow, have fun!

http://www.instagram.com/sammy_thunder_vintage

Rare Vintage Promotional and/or Novelty Baseball and Basketball Collectibles.

PC Collection: Willie Mays, Christy Mathewson, Nolan Ryan, Tom Seaver, Larry Bird & Bill Russell
Old 01-21-2024, 04:29 PM

Hi. Is Don Hontz in this group?
Old 01-21-2024, 04:57 PM
Ro.b Gui.1fo.y1e

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksato View Post
Hi. Is Don Hontz in this group?

Yes he is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-22-2024, 08:17 AM
Drew W@i$e

Finally able to do a post show report (dealing with snow/cold in my area).

I was able to visit the show on Saturday morning. While I do agree many of the prices were high, I was able to make a few deals on a lot of 1933 Goudey baseball cards and some 1949 Bowman upgrades. Saw many of the friendly dealers from the area, along with a few new ones.

A few things I observed from the show:

1. It was busy and people were buying. Whoever said this year would be a down market in vintage cards hasn't been to a recent show. Maybe it is the area, post holiday buying, whatever, people were buying.

2. I am amazed at the amount of material people are selling at shows. I saw a few dealers with, I would say, 500,000 to 1 million dollars total of priced items at their table.

3. If you want to set up at one of these bigger shows, get on the wait list now.